What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Since I was done with leaves - I took the mower deck off today - only took less than 10 minutes. The Artillian pallet forks/frame made it easy to transport the 300lb deck to the backyard/storage! I use the loader to lift the BX up to make deck removal easy!

My wife thinks I'm crazy for storing metal attachments on wood pallets - I like keeping the attachments off the ground, and my local pet/supply store sells oak pallets for $2!

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I made a couple of tie downs to bolt to the front of the frame on my BX. The girlfriend wants me to take it to her property in the UP of Michigan to do some work moving some piles of stone and pulling some old farm equipment and vehicles out of a thicket so a neighbor can cut them up and take them to a scrap yard. It's a 600 mile trip one way, and I want to have the BX properly secured.
I was looking at the rear of the frame and have an idea for a tie down on the rear of the frame too. Should be easy to fab out of some 1/4" plate with a bend, using existing bolt holes with 5mm longer bolts.

These only took a little over an hour to cut, drill, and weld up. I bead blasted them, primed them and painted them Kubota dark gray.

Attachments

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I made a couple of tie downs to bolt to the front of the frame on my BX. The girlfriend wants me to take it to her property in the UP of Michigan to do some work moving some piles of stone and pulling some old farm equipment and vehicles out of a thicket so a neighbor can cut them up and take them to a scrap yard. It's a 600 mile trip one way, and I want to have the BX properly secured.
I was looking at the rear of the frame and have an idea for a tie down on the rear of the frame too. Should be easy to fab out of some 1/4" plate with a bend, using existing bolt holes with 5mm longer bolts.

These only took a little over an hour to cut, drill, and weld up. I bead blasted them, primed them and painted them Kubota dark gray.
Why not tie down the rear at the hitch? The tractor is small enough that 3 points are more then enough to hold it in place.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Why not tie down the rear at the hitch? The tractor is small enough that 3 points are more then enough to hold it in place.
I thought about that, but just decided to add the tie downs up higher and easier to get to than the hitch with the 3PH in the way.

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
Been playing in the leaves today. I have recently seen some threads about leaf equipment. Thought I would show you what we have been using for the past 50 years.

It is a Giant Vac, built for a local golf course in 1967. They didn't like it, so it went back to the local equipment dealer that sold it. After renting it for 2 years, the dealer made us a deal to get it off their lot.

It has a Wisconsin VH4D engine, 6 foot wide snout, and a collection box that is 4 foot x 4 foot x 6 foot. It does a very good job of getting the bulk of the leaves off the ground, then we go through with leaf blowers pulled behind our ZD326 mowers to cleanup between the stones.

Not sure what we will do if and when the Wisconsin gives up.

Digger

Attachments

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
You call someone like me that has a Wisconsin VH4D engine that is in excellent running condition, and it's sitting around doing nothing. ;)
Thank you Wolfman, that's good news. I'll keep that in mind. Since we started buying diesel powered equipment, I've been trying to figure out which Kubota engine to put in there to replace that Wisconsin.

Digger

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thank you Wolfman, that's good news. I'll keep that in mind. Since we started buying diesel powered equipment, I've been trying to figure out which Kubota engine to put in there to replace that Wisconsin.

Digger
Yep you could do that too, I was going to say that.
A real good engine for that task would be a V2203, they are very common and super easy to work with.
The only real issue is setting up a radiator to cool it.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Well, nothing really great to speak about, but i did finally go buy the 3pt hitch for my BX23s today. So all in all, i gues thats accounts for something. I`ll get it on in the morning and then i will start building a ballast box for it.

I finished up putting a john deere 54" blade on it this past week. Picked up an old jd frame, cut the front section of the frame off, built some spacers, mounted it on the front end of my BX. Works great!

The BX 4 valve hydraulic quick connect manifold set me back $200, the hoses were another $130. Soon as i get the 3pt hitch on, ballast box built, i`ll be ready for some snow plowing.

I think i spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 bucks to mount the JD 54" blade on my BX23s. Far cheaper than what Kubota wanted for a complete snow plowing system.
(i already had the JD 54" blade from my other tractor - it`ll be better on the kubota, its 4 wheel drive, the JD420 was not)

Yesterday, i finished the light bar install on my ROPS. Its a 21.5 width. I added a 12 volt utility light to the rear of the tractor as well. Amazing how much better i can see at night now.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Moved the kids bus stop out to the road with my bolt on forks. One of the heavier loads I have moved so far - I may have built it a little heavy. No problems lifting it, but all the weight was on the front tires of course, even with the backhoe on as ballast. Made it hard to steer since I don't have power steering, and a 5x5x7 building held 18" above the ground makes for slow and cautious tractor handling!

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
3pt hitch on and done. Now building a ballast container. Using a 5-gallon "orange" bucket, steel mounting hardware installed in the bucket, fill with concrete, hopefully it works as planned.

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
Was falling a 70' tree that I was fairly sure was going to go in the direction I wanted... well, it didn't! leaned back against another tree, and pinched my saw bar pretty good.
Kubota to the rescue!
Wrapped a line around it as high as I could, fed it around another tree to give me the correct angle and allow me and the tractor to be out of harms way, and Viola!!
Tree on the ground where I intended it to be, and all's good.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Worked on building the ballast again today. Should be ready for concrete tuesday.

Switched out my rear work light to a LED floodlight. (1,000 lumens)
So much better than the 55watt halogen utility light i had on it.

I stuck a magnet base on the rear light this time.
That way i can move it around wherever i want, should i need to.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I finished up putting a john deere 54" blade on it this past week. Picked up an old jd frame, cut the front section of the frame off, built some spacers, mounted it on the front end of my BX. Works great!
I'd be interested in how you mounted the JD blade on your BX. I have the same blade for my JD430 sitting in the back of my shop, and have been considering adapting it to my BX.
Got any pictures?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
3pt hitch on and done. Now building a ballast container. Using a 5-gallon "orange" bucket, steel mounting hardware installed in the bucket, fill with concrete, hopefully it works as planned.
You're not going to get much ballast weight out of a 5 gallon bucket, it's only about 100 lbs.

Filling it with steal or even lead won't help you much either, 5 gallons of lead is only 120 lbs.

You would have to fill it with gold to get a better weight out of it, 965 lbs. ;)

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
You're not going to get much ballast weight out of a 5 gallon bucket, it's only about 100 lbs.

Filling it with steal or even lead won't help you much either, 5 gallons of lead is only 120 lbs.

You would have to fill it with gold to get a better weight out of it, 965 lbs. ;)
I think you might check your math.:confused:

Lead has a density of 708 lbs/cu.ft and 5 gallons is approximately 0.668 cubic feet. This yields a weight of just over 470 lbs. Still not very much weight though.

Not certain about the gold weight either, but than again I didn't have that much laying around to verify (I get just north of 800 lbs). :D

Last edited: