What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Yeah, I didn't think that sounded right.

Gold would be 808 lbs., but would be a little pricey.

Osmium would be even more at 947 lbs.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I think you might check your math.:confused:

Lead has a density of 708 lbs/cu.ft and 5 gallons is approximately 0.668 cubic feet. This yields a weight of just over 470 lbs. Still not very much weight though.

Not certain about the gold weight either, but than again I didn't have that much laying around to verify (I get just north of 800 lbs). :D
I do not know how much a 5 gal bucket of gold weighs...but if I have one I am paying somebody to do my tractor work while I am out having a good time!:D

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I'd be interested in how you mounted the JD blade on your BX. I have the same blade for my JD430 sitting in the back of my shop, and have been considering adapting it to my BX.
Got any pictures?
Yes, i have a few pictures. If you can, PM me your email address. I dont want to clutter up this on going thread with this particular subject. I would be glad to share how i did mine. :)

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
You're not going to get much ballast weight out of a 5 gallon bucket, it's only about 100 lbs.

Filling it with steal or even lead won't help you much either, 5 gallons of lead is only 120 lbs.

You would have to fill it with gold to get a better weight out of it, 965 lbs. ;)
Yeah i know... i dont need a ton of weight back there with this BX23s. My tires are loaded, and i have a pair of custom made cast iron wheel weights that are 175lbs each. I was just bored. I`m retired. Was just doing it for fun out in my shop, so i thru it together just for chits-n-giggles.

I`m only running a 54" snow blade on my BX23s, not like i need alot of weight anyway. The 54" blade came from my JD420. My JD420 is 2wd, and i never had any trouble plowing snow with it, so this BX shouldn`t even flinch with just having loaded tires and 4 wheel drive.

EDIT:
And i do have chains if it becomes necessary. And i could always put the back-hoe back on for weight too. So, i`m not the least bit concerned about weight as this point. As i said earlier, i was bored. I`m always building something, tinkering, more so now because i`m retired.

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
PaPow you said your tires are loaded. Do you drain them before using the backhoe? I swore I saw in my manual not to have tires loaded with the backhoe on? I would like to ad a little weight to my BX23S in winter with my back blade on.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
PaPow you said your tires are loaded. Do you drain them before using the backhoe? I swore I saw in my manual not to have tires loaded with the backhoe on? I would like to ad a little weight to my BX23S in winter with my back blade on.
Yes, mine are loaded year round in my BX23S. No, i do not drain them when i use the back-hoe either. I have had ZERO issues with my BX running loaded tires year round, even when i run the back-hoe on it. There is just enough air added, to allow the (R4 tire) cleats to sit flat and even across the width of the contact surface. Leaving the tires a touch soft will allow the tire to flex and expand when it needs to under load. My dealer installed stainless valves and liquid ballast for free when i bought the tractor brand new in 2017. My dealer recommended running filled tires. Hundreds of their customers have had ZERO issues with running their BX23S tractors with loaded tires year round while their back-hoe`s were on their tractors. Its best to let the dealership add the liquid ballast to your tires. That way if there is an issue, its on them, and not on you. Make sure you get a written invoice too. If memory serves me right, i think they only filled the tires to 75% liquid, then topped off with air. I`m not sure what type of liquid they put in the tires either. I should probably ask them about that.

Kubota put the warning in the owners manual so as to cover their butts, and nothing more. There are a few stupid people out there that dont know what they`re doing when loading tires, or running equipment with loaded tires. I`m guessing kubota didnt want to cover the stupid people...lol

Another thought in your case... have you thought about adding wheel weights to your rims?

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Finally swapped the tractor over for winter duty. Stored the loader in a new small enclosure and can tell I will have a tough time getting it back on come spring as the ground wasn't as level as I thought. Oh well I'll deal with that in a few months!

Snowblower went on, fuel winterized, etc.

This summer I added a ballast box to do some heavier loader work. I'm trying to decide if I should take it off for the winter, take the weight out or just leave it there. I did fine with no rear weight last winter and my tires are loaded. I was concerned too much rear weight might somehow adversely affect handling or some aspect of snowblowing. I suppose worst case scenario I'll just take the weights out come 1st snow (I just use bags of sand I can remove) but was curious what others do. I considered filling it with ice melt and adding a top and a scooper but didnt want to have to empty it come spring.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Cut and split a nice dead red oak I marked back in the spring. Miss K handled it all in stride dragging the main tree out into the field where it was much easier to block and split. once I finished loading it all in the bucket and carryall the tires looked like they did not want any more! Heck, I did not want any more either. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Loaded up the zero turn and dropped it off at the dealers. The girl has 4 recalls on it. An updated pickup tube for the fuel tank. New brake sensor, and position sensors. Can't remember what the 4th one was.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bota2650

Equipment
B2650 Cab; LP 4 foot cutter; Titan Pallet Forks; The Thumb Grapple
Oct 23, 2019
Henderson
I started to repair a stripped stud on the rear of my B2650 HSDC . . . after I picked up my suppressor:)

Did the 50 hour service on yesterday!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I wanted the area around my range to smell a bit better...piled up some wood chips. It smells like Christmas now! :D

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I wanted the area around my range to smell a bit better...piled up some wood chips. It smells like Christmas now! :D
If you don't mind me asking, what size is your box blade?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Thanks. I have been discussing box blades with my dad and he is trying to decide between an EA and Bush Hog.

He is looking at an 84" model, I'm looking at 66 or 72" model. I'm leaning towards the EA, he can't make up his mind. Either way, we won't be doing anything until after the holidays.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'd expect your machine to easily handle a 6 footer.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We pulled out 50 yards of old fencing, cut down and hauled to the brush pile trees/bushes that had grown up in the old fence line. My tractor went through its second regen in the process of working at 68 hours without any issues. Increased the RPMs and kept right on working.