What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I use a rear mount penetrator spear with a ball welded on the top. I believe in double duty attachments
:eek: Gees man, I thought that somehow I landed on the wrong type of website for a minute there... :D

In all seriousness, I had a very painful laugh when I read that the first time...I was trying to clean out my moms gutters on saturday and the ladder slipped out from under me...and I landed on the ladder (with my rib cage). Nothing broken, just badly bruised ribs and sternum. Needless to say, it's excruciating to laugh right now.

Carry on. But please be mindful of the words and phases you type...Some of us have a dark sense of humor, and it's really painful to laugh right now. I'm being sarcastic here...only joking. :D

Last edited:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Mounted a pair of Titan 5/16 chain hooks on the bucket of my BX2230. I bought them on Amazon and welded a 1 1/2" piece of 2" X 4" tube to them so the would clear the top lip of the bucket. I also made a couple of reinforcing plates for inside the bucket out of 1/4" X 2" strap. Sand blasted everything and painted them Kubota orange, let them dry for a couple of days and bolted them on last night. I already have a D-ring in the center of the bucket, which I have used several times already.
I'm working on a plate to bolt to the ROPS mounting bolts behind the seat to mount a tool box on.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
My tractor had hooks welded on when I bought it, but if I ever do that to another tractor, I would weld the hooks on the bucket in line with the loader arms instead of at the ends - I was pulling on something or another recently and my bucket was flexing more than I would have liked at the ends.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I used mine to help put my hardtop on my Jeep for the winter - after the last snow storm I figured it was time! (I don't have a garage...)

The Kubota with the pallet forks clamped onto the bucket did the heavy lifting for us!

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I installed the silicone tie rod seals I bought from Specialty Repairs in Canada. It was pretty easy and they should keep the moisture out of the joints. The original boots were all torn and one was completely gone.
I used safety wire to secure the small ends of the inboard boots. Worked better than trying to reuse the crimped on rings from the originals.
It doesn't appear you can buy the boots from Kubota, at least they aren't listed separately in the parts manual.

No worries now.

It only took about an hour to do both sides.

Attachments

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Did you drill the holes in the bucket, or did your bucket have holes?..Mine doesn't
The BX80 series has holes already in the bucket. Just drilled the strip to match.

Nice! I just bought the exact same strip. It's sitting in front of the bucket ready for installation. Been raining all weekend.
Thanks! I'm sure you'll be as happy with yours as I am with mine. The only way to go with an asphalt drive.

Link for the strip? Thx
https://www.universalurethane.com/snow-plow.html

goldenpsp

Equipment
BX 23S
Nov 25, 2017
Baltimore MD
The BX80 series has holes already in the bucket. Just drilled the strip to match.

Thanks! I'm sure you'll be as happy with yours as I am with mine. The only way to go with an asphalt drive.
[/url]
Yea I hope so. last year tore up my driveway a bit. Well didnt "tear" it up so much but left lots of unsightly lines.

Did you just use carriage bolts to attach it?

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Yea I hope so. last year tore up my driveway a bit. Well didnt "tear" it up so much but left lots of unsightly lines.

Did you just use carriage bolts to attach it?
Yes, countersunk to keep the heads below the bottom surface.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Today I used my SSQA forks to lift a long track snowmobile out of the bed of my truck. Lengthwise, engine forward. (engine was probably about 6' forward of the pins)

It was soooo much easier than trying to find a tall snowbank and brute-force that monster off backwards.

For counter balance, I had a 420 lb snowblower on the 3ph. And filled tires.

God this tractor is making me lazy!

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Haven’t even seen my tractor in 36 days now. Been gone trucking since b4 thanksgiving. Will be 47 days gone when I get home then will only have a short time one day to play on it because I will be busy getting the 5th wheel ready for a Florida bowl game my oldest daughters marching band is playing at and the family will be camped out for a week down there. First ever Christmas I’m gonna be working on in 46 years of life. Christmas will be when I get there.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The word is efficient. When folk ask about my toys. I keep saying those are tools to make me more efficient.
ef·fi·cient /e'fiSHent/
The act of using machinery to save time and effort so one now has time to go to the gym to get the workout that one would have got if one didn't have machinery in the first place.

:D

Last edited: