What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Had a busy weekend. Mowed yesterday. Then finished with the push mower on the ditch. Then weed eating and trimming. Then fired up the L1501, hooked up the finish mower. Ran a couple passes down the fence line in the field next door so I could get through the tall grass without getting snake bit.

Then trimmed that side of the fence. Then mixed some round up, and sprayed the fence to kill off the honey suckle. Sprayed the cracks in the driveway and walk way, then sprayed along the fence line on the opposite side of the yard as well. Neighbor usually does that side but is down with some mobility issues so I told him I would take care of it as well as the trimming in his yard till he gets healed up.

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
I got my gooseneck hitch installed in my truck bed so I can move my tractor. I will be sore a few days from it. Gonna go see if the trailer sales place has sold the used 25 footer he showed me last week or not & if it’s there I probably bring it home. Was quoted $4250 out the door for it. It’s a 2013 & a deal at that price I think. 12k, brakes both axles, 20 flat 5 dovetail, tires looked good. New one on the lot was 14k lbs rated & $5350 tax in. The used one had same axles but derated & I think either will work for my mx5800 and implements

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Spent 2 or 3 hours grading my road, probably put another 3 or 4 belly dumps of class A on it soon.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Spent 10 hrs on my M9000 mowing hay. Then blew the guts out of my lift cylinder on my mower which ended my day early. Rest of the afternoon taking it apart. At least I know what I'll be doing in the morning.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bulldog, what kind of mower you using? Do you have a good source for your cylinder parts?

I've got an older Vicon with the three knives and it's been a good one. The previous owner removed the restricter plate and after it slammed to the ground one too many times I bought it for a song and got it going again.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
D2Cat, it's a GMD700 Kuhn. I bought it used 15 years ago and other than wear parts this is the first real repair I've done.

I have a little mom and pop tractor / lawn mower repair shop that has the best hyd parts department you could ask for. I took the cylinder apart and took it to them this morning. They replaced all my seals while I waited and it was $55. That's hard to beat.

I looked at Vicon mowers years ago. I liked the looks of them and often wondered if 3 knives would make a difference or not.

HD Orange

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680TV60D/R4 Tires/LA344S Loader/QH-1O Quick Hitch Orange/BB0548 Box Scraper
Feb 28, 2018
El Cajon Ca
Received my new Quick Hitch QH-10 today from Dealer. Dealer swapped out QH-05 plus some more $$. Now the fun part starts, hooking the QH to the TSC Carryall. What a Great Forum this is, thanks to all of you for your help.

Attachments

mudog88

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1982 B7100HST-DT, RC60-71H MMM, 5ft. back blade
Aug 11, 2015
Pine Village, Indiana
Replaced seals, springs and copper washers in the injection pump nozzle holder on my B7100HST. It was leaking fuel pretty bad and I had a hard time getting it to fire up. Now, it has a slooow leak from the #1 cylinder injector line. Not sure how many hours are on these injectors and lines, but the tractor shows 2760hrs, so I think it would be safe to assume they are original or at least cleaned once in that time frame.

And my mechanical temp gauge isn't reading, so I must have messed up the sensing line when doing the injector work. Next up is a re-wire of the whole tractor, and an electrical temp sensor/gauge plus some new lights for evening mowing.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Mowed around the house, field grasses NOT a lawn.....for the first time with the side shift flail mower. It cut the 24" high volunteer alfafa just fine. BUT, I am really missing the ability to mow while backing up! I have a lot of stuff to mow around and not being able to cut while backing up is a game changer and not a good one. Previously I had just used the new flail for mowing my runway, and love it for that, but not being able to cut while backing kind of sucks.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Put the foundation in for the new chicken coop and two additional out buildings. 84 80 lbs bags of concrete purchased. :eek:
20180607_105351.jpg

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
I have a QH15 and the TSC carry all frame fit great. I don't know if you have built yours yet but I put 1x4 pressure treated furring strips on the back to give needed clearance for the QH lower lift connection. I bolted the 1x4 and 2x lumber to the carry all frame with 1/2" x 3 1/2" galvanized carriage bolts with flat and lock washers. Bottom 2x lumber didn't require furring strips.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Loaded up the tractor to take over to pops so I can do some brush hogging.

First time hauling it since I added the loader. Guess there's no more taking extra implements in a single load anymore :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
Got my green zero turn stuck on a slippery hillside up against a massive log. Got out my BX24 and chainsaw to cut out a section of the log while holding it in place with the BX FEL. Cut two sections of the log and slowly let the log roll against my bucket until getting them to flat ground. Then able to back the zero turn down the hill. I can't count the times my BX has saved the day. I'd be helpless without this little brute.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Drilled 75 post holes today for a friends riding arena and adjacent pasture.
Then get home and drill a few more for the Mrs in the garden.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
What did I do on my Kubota today you ask? I blew a hydraulic line on the FEL (but actually I did it Saturday not today, Sunday). Not just a hose but the metal section of the curl circuit. I had my forks on and had just finished cutting the roots of a 8' tall softwood bush (not sure of the species) with the ripper tooth on my backhoe and then felling the bush by pulling the stump out of the ground. I turned around the tractor, picked up the felled bush with the forks and carried it to a brushpile. I dropped it at the edge of the pile and lowered the FEL to push the pile togeather. As I slowly pushed, I suddenly heard a pop, felt and smelled hydraulic fluid spray (luckily not a lot hit me since it was probably pretty hot after using the backhoe for the previous hour or so). I never felt anything indicating that I had come up against an immovable object, just heard the pop as the line split.

I shut down and climbed off to investigate. In a pretty well protected area, there was a blossomed pucker blowout about the size of a .22 bullet.

The local dealer is open until noon Saturdays so I tied the forklift carrier in the up position so I could load the tractor and hauled it over to their shop. Three days to get the new line and 7 to 10 days before they can get to the work.

I needed a break anyway, the 96°+ degree temps with feel like temps of 103°+ makes for miserable working conditions.

Everyone at the shop (myself included) was surprised at the line failure. They all said they have never seen one fail quite like this.

Last edited: