What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

usmc8511

Equipment
L3301
Jan 8, 2018
Missoula, MT
Mike9, its advisable to only use the 911 IF you gel up...but you can use Power Systems fuel supplement (or other brands) to PREVENT it from gelling...and to lubricate the injectors and pump and so on.

911 can cause damage if used often or consistently. Its not designed to be used as a preventative.
I use the PSD white bottle all year long and once a year I will use the Amsoil version that is supposed to be a little stronger.

JB13502

Equipment
MX5200
Jan 12, 2018
Deerfield, NY
Mike9, its advisable to only use the 911 IF you gel up...but you can use Power Systems fuel supplement (or other brands) to PREVENT it from gelling...and to lubricate the injectors and pump and so on.

911 can cause damage if used often or consistently. Its not designed to be used as a preventative.
Agree 100%. 911 (red bottle) is harsh on injectors and pumps. Great product if you need it, but ONLY if you need it. I always use the conditioner (white bottle) even with winter blend.

JB13502

Equipment
MX5200
Jan 12, 2018
Deerfield, NY
Oh yeah... what did I do with my Kubota today? Cut a trench so the run off would bypass the garage door.

60 degrees today? Just when I had the driveways looking good. Jeesh!:eek:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
When I say "topped off" I'm talking two ounces to the tank full.
Mike - Guessing that wouldn't be an issue, but I'm with the other guys.

I would do the same thing, but use the Power Service White Bottle stuff.

Keep the 911 for a gel.

As far as what I did with my Kubota today - - - nothing.

60+ degrees and raining like hell for a while.

Looks like tomorrow might be a different story, along with Mike and a lot of other guys in New Yorkistan......

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
. Plugged up the block heater. warmed her up good.
. started her up with a 50amp jump/charger.. (cold battery ... she sits outside)
. hooked up a chain to her.
. yanked my VW TDI out of the ice embedded snow.
. Sent my roommate off to work in my no longer stuck TDI.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
60 degrees today? Just when I had the driveways looking good. Jeesh!:eek:
Yeah JB, my stone driveway was just getting a good hard pack.

Now gone, and ~5 inches fresh snow on the bare stone - not good when you use a snowblower.

I know some of you guys in NYS got a lot more than us.

But with my homemade extended shoes as low as possible, I'm set at ~1.75" to avoid throwing stone.

Went real slow this morning, and all went well!! Had enough ice underneath to keep the stone frozen down. :cool:

Last edited:

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
Yeah JB, my stone driveway was just getting a good hard pack.

Now gone, and ~5 inches fresh snow on the bare stone - not good when you use a snowblower.

I know some of you guys in NYS got a lot more than us.

But with my homemade extended shoes as low as possible, I'm set at ~1.75" to avoid throwing stone.

Went real slow this morning, and all went well!! Had enough ice underneath to keep the stone frozen down. :cool:
Same story here. Had a nice hard pack/ice on my 1000' gravel drive and parking areas, now bare gravel.

Going to have to lower the shoes again!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
I tried the pvc conduit over the cutting edge trick I read about someone doing on here it lasted about 3/4 of the drive, may of had too much down pressure on it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Going to have to lower the shoes again!
My driveway doesn't look so good with quite of bit of snow on it, but with a couple days of sun coming, I threw some ashes down. Helps solidify it as it gets driven on.

Wouldn't be practical on 1,000' like you, but mine is short and wide.

prof.fate

Equipment
75 L175, 14 toro timesaver, Landpride boxblade, countyline auger
Nov 9, 2017
Beaver, PA
3rd or 4th plowing with my home made blade..broke a weld.

Made it as a rear blade - easier and faster sicne i didn't get started on it as a front blade soon enough (er, well, winter came too fast, OK?)

with 10" of snow having the blade on the back..sucks. Now maybe if my L175 was four wheel drive it would work but alas, there is a limit to the traction I can get with the tractor in fresh snow and the blade behind.

Works great going backwards...but my neck soon gets tired.

And as it's been snowing..and snowing..I need a wider blade. It's 4', which is as wide as the tractor. A 5'...still not wide enough. Need a 6' I think.

Reason? As a back blade the tractor goes first...as the snow builds up on the edges of the 200' long drive teh road gets skinnier..so one needs to push it back farther, over the top, etc. BUT with the tractor going first..one side of it is IN the snow bank on the side of the driveway...and traction isn't so hot when your'e in 18" of snow on one side of the tractor and on gravel on the other... If it were a front blade MAYBE it would be better..but probably sitill needs to be wider.

Maybe make it offset..MAybe a belly blade...no time to deal with it this year regardless. And this amount of snow is unusual here - happens every 10 years or so.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
3rd or 4th plowing with my home made blade..broke a weld.

Made it as a rear blade - easier and faster sicne i didn't get started on it as a front blade soon enough (er, well, winter came too fast, OK?)

with 10" of snow having the blade on the back..sucks. Now maybe if my L175 was four wheel drive it would work but alas, there is a limit to the traction I can get with the tractor in fresh snow and the blade behind.

Works great going backwards...but my neck soon gets tired.

And as it's been snowing..and snowing..I need a wider blade. It's 4', which is as wide as the tractor. A 5'...still not wide enough. Need a 6' I think.

Reason? As a back blade the tractor goes first...as the snow builds up on the edges of the 200' long drive teh road gets skinnier..so one needs to push it back farther, over the top, etc. BUT with the tractor going first..one side of it is IN the snow bank on the side of the driveway...and traction isn't so hot when your'e in 18" of snow on one side of the tractor and on gravel on the other... If it were a front blade MAYBE it would be better..but probably sitill needs to be wider.

Maybe make it offset..MAybe a belly blade...no time to deal with it this year regardless. And this amount of snow is unusual here - happens every 10 years or so.
A set of chains sure would help if you don't have them already.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Maybe make it offset..Maybe a belly blade..
An offset blade or too large of a blade will just spin you sideways as you don't have enough weight or traction to hold it.
It wouldn't matter where you mount it it's still going to bite more than that little 2wd can handle. :(

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Bladed off 9" of snow today and we have a lot to plow. My granddaughter came over on the quad with snow plow so I did the heavy lifting and she did the grooming. It worked out well we communicated with hand signals. Then I got in the road and pushed all the county stuff back to the grass so there was nothing left for them to "redistribute". Cleaned out the mail boxes and even cleaned up my own tire slough in the road. Good times - :D