What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Not only do you have a machine to make the work easier, you have an inspector with a camera to make sure it's done to specs!!:D

If you've had weather like we have, 97,99,97 for the last three days, working outside makes you "over" perspire. The folks on the news said to drink a pint of water every 15 minutes in this weather.
That's right!

It was only in the Hugh 70's to low to mid 80's here with about 80% humidity. Still took in plenty of fluids.

jbbepic

Jan 11, 2017
Pittsburgh
Well its been raining here in Pennsylvania seems like every other day. That keeps the dust down. But I always try and wipe the machine off and or use an air compressor when finished using for day. It has 72 hours on it as of yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Probably not a usual tractor task - BH drove her lawn tractor into our iron gate, creating a rather large "bow". A few blocks and a strap on the back hoe and it's almost good as new (and didn't even have to demount it).

Never thought I would use the Kubota for something like that!

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA
So lazy did not want to bucket water out to water anymore. AC to inverter for Dayton pump from grainger mounted with zip ties to where forks would go on tank.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I recently put in a 1 1/4 acre food plot. I took and rototilled the area up, waited a couple weeks, and then hit the area again with the rototiller after letting the sod die off. The area was really flat, so I cut 6" of dirt from the north side and flopped it to the south side to give it some positive drainage using the front end loader for the heavy work, then used the box blade to fine tune it up. I also cut out a couple new drainage ditches going north to help out the drainage. It took a couple full days, but came out good and will make a good food plot now.

View attachment 30429

View attachment 30430

View attachment 30431

View attachment 30432

View attachment 30433

Last edited:

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
Spent the last 2 days bush hogging and hand clearing brush, got about half the field done. Rest will require bigger brush cleared out first before I can finish with the rotary cutter. This field probably 2acres hasn't been cut in 6-8yrs. Going to make a great food plot though, no crop farming around me for miles other than home gardens so food plot should draw even more deer. L2501/hst did great. Very hot here I retreated to the shade of the treeline often.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Well it happened again, we had a gully-washer last night. At least this time the driveway was graded and ditched,
so all the damage stayed to one side. :mad:

At least this time I had a tractor, and I did not have to bother my old friend Denis to come bail me out with his.
Also managed to get all the dirt back up into the driveway before the county grader came by and stole it. :)

Last time this happened in 2014 (pre Kubota) it practically took out the whole driveway.
and help was needed from one of those OTHER orange tractors.

3.5 hours of seat time :D

Attachments

Neire

Equipment
B5000
Jun 11, 2017
Belgium
Well it happened again, we had a gully-washer last night. At least this time the driveway was graded and ditched,
so all the damage stayed to one side. :mad:

At least this time I had a tractor, and I did not have to bother my old friend Denis to come bail me out with his.
Also managed to get all the dirt back up into the driveway before the county grader came by and stole it. :)

Last time this happened in 2014 (pre Kubota) it practically took out the whole driveway.
and help was needed from one of those OTHER orange tractors.

3.5 hours of seat time :D
Why not making a bigger gutter?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
FWIW Bill, it gives new meaning to the term gulley washer, and I grew up in Nevada and know exactly what you were saying. Around here in the midwest there aren't many gulleys and that kind of rain is referred to as a "frog strangler" :eek:

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
I had one summer that we had that occur twice. I had 2B stone all over my yard and no tractor at the time! My Kubby (yes HE has a pet name), has been a God-send to me. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't get anything done around the place. AND, I just ordered the backhoe so we can do even more work.

And Bill, you live in one of the prettiest places I've seen! Wow, I LOVE those rocks! For that view I'd put up with a few gully-washers from time to time.

-Sharryn

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Finally replaced all 48 tines on my landpride rta2562 tiller. They were all very worn, at least half a dozen were broken and another dozen or so were bent which made the tiller terribly out of balance. It was a bit time consuming but will be worth it in the end. It sounds stupid but I can't wait to try it out tilling the garden this fall!

Attachments

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I had a wing tank to replace on my experimental RANS S-7S, which involved taking the wing off, so I took it out of the hangar and into the shop with it's 18' wide door, the and the forks attachment helped.

Attachments

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Started moving and arranging rocks to fill in the area next to my driveway so I can push snow a good distance from the driveway in the winter to keep the snow from becoming too big of a pile. Once I finish with the rocks, I'll cover the rocks with dirt and hopefully make it smooth enough to drive the tractor on.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I had a wing tank to replace on my experimental RANS S-7S, which involved taking the wing off, so I took it out of the hangar and into the shop with it's 18' wide door, the and the forks attachment helped.
You, sir, have an interesting job.

Mike Bolin

Equipment
B2320HST, FEL, 4' brush-hog, 5' grader box
Jul 12, 2014
West Terre Haute, IN USA
I got "volunteered" to put in a Memorial Garden at our church. Area is 28'x25' and I used the B2320 to take out the sod earlier in the week, then dug out a 6'x6' T shaped section for a walkway and a bench. Backfilled the T shape with 53s and compacted with a plate compactor, added 1" of sand and compacted it with a hand tamper. Leveled the sand, laid the paving stones, then backfilled the rest of the area with river rock.
Can't believe that 3 years ago I would have done all of that with a shovel and a rake! If not for the Kubota I wouldn't be 1/4 of the way done yet.
The pavers are 18"x18" and weigh 50# each. A church member donated them for the Memorial Garden, BUT I had to take apart the whole patio to get them. So last week, 146 pavers loaded in the front bucket, 14 at a time, then offloaded onto pallets. My buddy at church has a BX2630(?) with the fork attachment and he offloaded them for me (all the BX could handle!) which saved a lot a time and effort. I may have to get a set of forks for mine!$$ We have over 100 pavers left, but I am sure we will find a place to use them.
Done with the Memorial Garden until September when we'll plant a couple of bushes and a dwarf ornamental tree of some kind. Next week I will disc the trails on my hunting property and plant an oat and clover mix, put the rotary mower on and knock down the weeds on the logging road into the property. By then it will be time for the 200 hour service.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I keep telling people see you never know all the things you didnt know you had to do, until you get your little beast