What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Juztyn00

Equipment
L245
Feb 25, 2015
Mt. Vernon, IL
Made a new upright muffler to replace the old under the seat one that won't work with the loader frame. Put on a heat houser from an 8N on and want blading snow for the neighbors. And yes I know I need to paint the weights a different color.

Attachments

Last edited:

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
I made a 6 foot wide by 4 foot high path for the mailman at my parent's house to the neighbors'.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
GaryL,

That one picture, for me at least, captures the capability that a tractor with an FEL gives you.

If the weather experts are right, that capability is going to become very valuable over the next few hundred years! Take good care of your tractor. It may become a very valuable family heirloom. :)

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Hate to post this amid all the snow moving. ;)

Finally got some decent weather, started to do a little cleaning up in the back yard, moving some downed trees, abandoned firewood, and uprooting a standing dead tree.

Oops!
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/album.php?albumid=390&pictureid=2148

Sorta lucky, actually; could have been really bad. I was clearing beside the standing tree so I could back into it and chain it to the 3PH and try to lift it out. It could be moved a little by hand so I knew it could be pushed down, but I hoped to pull it out or break it off at the ground so I could move the downed tree without having to cut it up.

The ROPS snagged it as I went by, and snapped it off. As it fell, the bottom part grazed my head, hit my shoulder, and twisted to land on the loader arm.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/album.php?albumid=390&pictureid=2147

So, it *could* have put another dent in the hood -- maybe a sizable one -- but it only left the tall stump that I want to get out of the way so I can drag the big one into a lower spot where it will serve better as mulch.

The worst part is that it interrupted my "work" and now we've got two rainy days before I can get down there again.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
ShaunBlake, Consider yourself fortunate. There's a term for folks who go into the timber without protection from falling limbs, and then have one fall on them. THAT limb is called a Widow maker!!

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
ShaunBlake, Consider yourself fortunate. There's a term for folks who go into the timber without protection from falling limbs, and then have one fall on them. THAT limb is called a Widow maker!!
Thanks, D2; I am lucky -- but not *that* lucky; it was standing and tipped over on me, so it wasn't bad at all (though a little "road rash"did appear on my arm later. Shoulder hurt enough to think it would be sore, but nope. (Must be cuz it's so close to my head, iz pretty hard, eh?)

Guess it was a little tree and not a limb cuz that woulda been a waste of a widowmaker -- I'm divorced. <blush>

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I would've had to change my shorts for certain on that one.

Chains are your friend in situations like this, get away from the tree... far away! Yikes! :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
We was out playing in the snow at 04:30 this morning,,, No I didn't have to go any place, it snowed, I was up so I figured I might as well do something useful

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
GaryL,

That one picture, for me at least, captures the capability that a tractor with an FEL gives you.

If the weather experts are right, that capability is going to become very valuable over the next few hundred years! Take good care of your tractor. It may become a very valuable family heirloom. :)
That was actually made on my little BX2200 with the 50" blower. Nice clean edges. This tractor amazes me all the time for what it can do at its not overly big size.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
God help the farmers come time to plant... The fields are going to be mud bogs for weeks.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
I would've had to change my shorts for certain on that one...
It was over too quick. Heard the tree break about the time it hit my shoulder. Got distracted from a proper fright because I was worried it had crinkled the hood! After I got down to see the damage to the hood I saw the stump and realized what had happened. In retrospect, shoulda soiled my shorts then, missed another good chance, but I was still expecting to find a lot of damage.

Chains are your friend in situations like this, get away from the tree... far away! Yikes! :eek:
Well, that was the idea -- I was grading some humps so I could back into the tree and chain it up to the 3PH. I hoped to be able to lift it out -- it was somewhat loose, but I couldn't push it over; couldn't even budge it.

I figured the B6100 couldn't lift it out, but wanted to at least give it a shot. If it din' work, my next move would have been to pull it over. Sadly, all the leverage is gone now and I may have to just saw it off near the ground. :(

mwjoerin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1981 L245DT, FEL, 4' Rotary Mower, 41" Tiller, PTO Sprayer, Hiller, Cultivator
May 18, 2014
SW Washington State
Yesterday was a busy maintenance day. Since I had no maintenance history on my still new to me L245DT, it was time to go front to back on maintenance:

• Replaced a few damaged hydraulic hoses.
  • Replaced front axle fluid (I was unable to find a fill indicator, is this just filled by volume?)
  • Replaced L and R front axle differential fluid (again no fill indicator, is this filled by volume or just filled full? I filled full as this was the filled when I opened it up)
  • Replaced antifreeze
  • Cleaned radiator
  • Changed engine oil and filter
  • Changed steering gear box oil
  • Changed fuel filter
  • Tighted alternator/water pump belt
  • Changed air filter
  • Changed transmission/hydraulic fluid and filter
  • Greased all zerks

I love working on this machine, it is nice, basic and simple. :)

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
I saw this tool box and it screamed out mount me to your kubota... so a few u bolts later and toolbox and Kubota are one!

[/URL][/IMG]
Nice tool box install Philztoy. Tying to figure out a solution for one on my M5140. Not a lot of room behind the seat.

philztoy

Equipment
L3830, IH695, Deere 4720Cab 3720Cab 4320 4200 450C 790, R Z and Jetstar Molines
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Nice tool box install Philztoy. Tying to figure out a solution for one on my M5140. Not a lot of room behind the seat.

The I think the seat track on my Kubota is stuck in a forward position. Its stuck for sure and it seems like I could use more leg room. But with that in mind this tool box fit right in there with some room to spare.