What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
I love fresh apricots. After the high winds we had here Friday I had to track down where my tractor cover blew of to, hehe.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Got my first welding lesson today lil brother showed me how to weld new wear pads on the blade skid feet,,,, MAN you talk about ugly welds,,, He says they will hold so I guess Im happy,,:confused:

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
We've had about 8" of snow the past week. I cleared off my drive, and my neighbor's drive. Maybe a 1st for a Kubota, we built a snowman with it. My son had rolled up snowballs for the snowman, and they were too large and heavy to pick up, so the Kubota pitched in and lifted the snowballs into place. We've got a nice 10' tall snowman in the front yard.

We don't get as much snow as a lot of you do, but 4-6" cripples us here. My grandkids from San Antonio Texas are having a ball in the snow.

Brad

Iowan

Equipment
Kubota's
Apr 29, 2012
North central Iowa
We've had about 8" of snow the past week. I cleared off my drive, and my neighbor's drive. Maybe a 1st for a Kubota, we built a snowman with it. My son had rolled up snowballs for the snowman, and they were too large and heavy to pick up, so the Kubota pitched in and lifted the snowballs into place. We've got a nice 10' tall snowman in the front yard.

We don't get as much snow as a lot of you do, but 4-6" cripples us here. My grandkids from San Antonio Texas are having a ball in the snow.

Brad
10 foot snow man, need too see it!!!!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Had 2 large dead pines blow over last week. Used the bx to pile the brush and drag the logs to the brush pile. The last pile is burning right now. Wonder if the bx is as tired as I am???

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

After what seems to be a lot of time for Glow Plugs to heat enough to allow smooth starting, plus the fact that they are thirty years old (and probably need to retire), and lastly that they are not that expensive, I decided to change mine. Got 2/3rds of them changed. The third? Well one of the Fuel rails from the pump to the injector is in the way. I have an idea as what will need to be done, just never had to before. It appears that I need to disconnect the one rail at the pump to access the GP. Am I correct in that I will have to Bleed the system because of opening this line? And if so, is all I need to do after connecting the rail back to the pump is crack the other end at the injector for any air to escape while cranking? As far as "spillage", will it be just what is in that rail?

Thanks for your replies.

Ron

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
i spent a half an hour on my B2620 blowing a skiff of snow off my driveway this morning...we are expecting 2 inches overnight tonight and have about 20 inches on the ground so far.

mark8235

Equipment
BX 2360, FEL, 54" MMM w/mulch, Ballast Box
Nov 20, 2012
Eastern Shore, MD
BX2360 - after knocking down an old wood shed, I used the tractor to clean and level the ground. Then to get ready to build a pole barn extention, I cut down 4 - 70' trees and cut them up. Used the BX to move all the wood to one spot for a neighbor to pick up.

When I cut 2 of the trees they got hung up on the notch and the tops were laying on an adjacent tree. So hooked up a long chain to the Kubota (I had hooks welded on the FEL) and tugged and tugged until it dislodged and fell. What a great little package of power!

Now I want a BX-25 for the BH. I only have 37 hours ont he 2360. :D

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
I used my Kubota to load my 40 year old restored ONAN 5.0cck in to the back of my pick-up so I could use the ONAN at a remote site to power a compressor. The ONAN weighs about 400 pounds.
I'll use the Kubota next week to help load an old truck frame and cab on to a trailer.
I had back surgery 23 years ago and my Kubota is irreplaceable for a guy like me that still likes to work on mechanical stuff but shouldn't lift a lot of heavy stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Been plowing snow and more snow and more snow, I have no wind break to the west and live on top a hill so even on days it doesnt snow I get drifts across the drive, I guess I need to put up a snow fence one of these winters and see if it helps. Kubota has been firing up great since the glow plugs got swapped out.

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
Shredded leaves. Attached my chipper/shredder to a small pallet and picked it up with the tractor and went around the house/fence/yard and shredded leaves. When I need to chip bigger stuff I drop the pallet and pick up for the other side.

Attachments

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
BX2360 - after knocking down an old wood shed, I used the tractor to clean and level the ground. Then to get ready to build a pole barn extention, I cut down 4 - 70' trees and cut them up. Used the BX to move all the wood to one spot for a neighbor to pick up.

When I cut 2 of the trees they got hung up on the notch and the tops were laying on an adjacent tree. So hooked up a long chain to the Kubota (I had hooks welded on the FEL) and tugged and tugged until it dislodged and fell. What a great little package of power!

Now I want a BX-25 for the BH. I only have 37 hours ont he 2360. :D
Welcome to OTT, mark8235!
It doesn't take long to set your sights higher, does it?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I made a new set of stabilizers for my B7100. As I refine my product, I use my tractor as the guinea pig. This new set is very similar to what I have been making, but I recently bought a nice shop press and made some brakes, and now I can bend brackets instead of welding two flat plates on the rods and tubes. They look more professional.