What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Removed umpteen warning stickers - untold malady and mayhem immediately ensued View attachment 92460

View attachment 92459
Not to start another debate on "safety", just curious why one would feel the need to spend time removing the stickers when they can just be ignored if one's of the opinion they aren't helpful or needed? I'm of the opinion it's your tractor and you can do what you want, but seems like a lot of effort for minimal benefit it any.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
More snow removal this morning in 5F weather. There was close to 6" on the ground and we've already had more snow this winter than we had the entire winter last year. It's days like this when the comfort of a cab is really appreciated, particularly when the snow is very light and powdery such that it blows all over the place. A rear windshield wiper is a must have.

Getting started.

View attachment 92456

Plowing the lower driveway.

View attachment 92458

Upper driveway and parking areas done.

View attachment 92457

Short video of the snow blower in action, and clearly my struggle trying to back up the tractor while taking video footage out of the rear window! :ROFLMAO: I really like the sound of the tractor and blower working together.

It's not to bad just watching it on my computer while you're cleaning it up at your place just keep it over there I hate snow :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Removed umpteen warning stickers - untold malady and mayhem immediately ensued View attachment 92460

View attachment 92459
You have just committed a federal felony, that is worse than tearing off the labels on your pillows and mattress. I will see if we can get enough members on here to raise the amount of bail money that you are going to need just to get out of jail. Then there is the legal team that you are going to need. Unfortunately for you, Clarance Darrow has passed away, so you will have to seek out your own dream team of lawyers to defend you. I suggest that you start with Gerald Leonard Spence. He is a semi-retired American trial lawyer. He is a member of the Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame. Spence has never lost a criminal case before a jury either as a prosecutor or a defense attorney and has not lost a civil case since 1969. Good luck my friend, and if you wind up in jail, I will ask my wife to bake you some cookies to accompany you on the trip up the river.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
More snow removal this morning in 5F weather. There was close to 6" on the ground and we've already had more snow this winter than we had the entire winter last year. It's days like this when the comfort of a cab is really appreciated, particularly when the snow is very light and powdery such that it blows all over the place. A rear windshield wiper is a must have.

Getting started.

View attachment 92456

Plowing the lower driveway.

View attachment 92458

Upper driveway and parking areas done.

View attachment 92457

Short video of the snow blower in action, and clearly my struggle trying to back up the tractor while taking video footage out of the rear window! :ROFLMAO: I really like the sound of the tractor and blower working together.

You're getting your money's worth this winter. We're on the mild side for another week. The little bit we got melted over the weekend.

Reactions: 1 users

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
Picked-up my new set, of studded chains for tractor, will now have to spend a few hours installing.
Had Trygg previously, these Walco Twinway 6 look very similar, and we’re $1000 less. We’ll see how they hold up?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Snowblowed - - again - - - -3 times in 3 days. 4-6" of heavy wet snow each time.
Lovin' my light setup ! It's almost like daytime around me, 30' in all directions.
Can't see it in these pictures too well but I also have a programmable beacon light on top (orange and white) that is stroboscopic-like and annoying as he77. (they'll see me comin')

20221219_172925.jpg
20221219_172837.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
Removed umpteen warning stickers.....
Note to the boo-birds: This post is much more a statement about my OCD and sense of aesthetics than it is about safety. If you were to take everything I read / watch / have experienced / have prepared for / and the mental checklists I run through every time I (frequently) embark on something with the potential for harm and turn that in to stickers there wouldn’t be any orange paint left to see. This type of thinking includes recognizing the dual folly of rendering opinions when they weren’t asked for and the choice to insult as a first response when you don’t agree. If stickers are part of your safety routine great, by all means do whatever works for you. Tractor-on folks…

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I haven’t intentionally removed any warning stickers from my Kubota (might have scrubbed a couple off unintentionally in normal use).

I do recall when we first got it, my father and I inspecting it closely. After a bit we read every warning sticker on it just because. He said he thought it was funny he had put all the factory decals on his 1939 Farmall when he did an amateur restoration on it and it didn’t have any such warning stickers on it. I suggested if he wanted to put a warning sticker on the Farmall it should be a big one that says, “If you need warning stickers to keep from killing yourself with this thing, don’t touch it. Seriously, don’t even think about it.”

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I haven’t intentionally removed any warning stickers from my Kubota (might have scrubbed a couple off unintentionally in normal use).

I do recall when we first got it, my father and I inspecting it closely. After a bit we read every warning sticker on it just because. He said he thought it was funny he had put all the factory decals on his 1939 Farmall when he did an amateur restoration on it and it didn’t have any such warning stickers on it. I suggested if he wanted to put a warning sticker on the Farmall it should be a big one that says, “If you need warning stickers to keep from killing yourself with this thing, don’t touch it. Seriously, don’t even think about it.”
I believe it should have had a warning on the fuel cap to buy clean fuel and keep it clean.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I believe it should have had a warning on the fuel cap to buy clean fuel and keep it clean.
Possible. Not exactly a safety warning. But possible.

Now I’m curious and I’ll have to climb up there and look next time I’m with it because it’s going to irritate me until I find out. Yeah I’m only 6’ nothing so I can’t see the top of either of the two fuel caps from the ground.

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Removed umpteen warning stickers - untold malady and mayhem immediately ensued
I removed lots of stickers too. Looks much nicer this way. I do the same with my cars. And I don’t wear many clothes with words on them. Ain’t nobody need to know where I bought my shirt, or what engine is in my truck. I hate being made into a billboard.

F6CDB18F-82F0-432F-ADB1-527F394EFF08.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
I removed lots of stickers too. Looks much nicer this way. I do the same with my cars. And I don’t wear many clothes with words on them. Ain’t nobody need to know where I bought my shirt, or what engine is in my truck. I hate being made into a billboard.

View attachment 92494
is that an l2501? What snowpusher is that and how are those ag tires in the snow? Been waiting for the first big snowfall so I haven’t been able to try them in the snow.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Ordered up a Tractor Caddy Tool Box from Ask Tractor Mike.......sure, it is a little speedy compared to some other options but it is exactly what I was looking for and I like the ease of removing it and putting it back on when required.

Always struggle for a place to quickly put the chainsaw and some other supporting items.

I am also considering getting one of the Carry All frames from TSC and making a small carryall for a sand bucket for the driveway now that I have more places to store another large item. with the camper and my 2500 Ram in the Morton I can't get the tractor in with the back blade on so I have been dropping that (quick hitch is clearly the bees knees there) so grabbing the carry all with a sand/salt mix isn't all that inconvenient for me when needed.........currently I stage 3 buckets of sand/salt along the driveway hill, which is "fine"......but........tractor.....why not use the tractor......right?

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
is that an l2501? What snowpusher is that and how are those ag tires in the snow? Been waiting for the first big snowfall so I haven’t been able to try them in the snow.
It’s an L4701. The pusher is the Land Pride SPL1072.

So far (first winter) the R1 tires are excellent in the snow. I see no need for chains, which I’m happy about. That includes, so far, nine inches of nice fluffy snow, and about the same of very heavy sticky wet snow. I’m sure it won’t be as good on ice.

Previously I had a B2301 with R4s and a Land Pride SPL1060, and that was completely useless without chains (had all four wheels chained).