What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
We got 12+ inches of snow here.
Close to the end of the clearing snow I heard a clunky, clunky sound.
Found the bolt that holds on the fan on the shaft missing.
Had to go to town to get the bolt to fix it.
Got it fixed and finished the clean up.
The snow here was very heavy and wet.

Reactions: 4 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Only 7" of very wet snow here in NEPA! When I pushed it into a pile it had a blue tint to it! Thats wet! Had to run the BX backwards with the back blade for traction.

Reactions: 1 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Thats awesome, sounds like a weeks' worth of work and more to do. Can never have too many "toys" when they're the right ones for the need.
I guess officially we got 21" here and it was heavy and wet. Power came on at 3:15am this morning so out almost 24hr......good workout for the whole house generator. I want to check my propane level as I track it fairly closely so I am curious as to what ~24hrs burned at the actual load we have on it.

I think today might be some additional cleanup with the saw and clippers. Check the tractor over and get some more fuel here......assuming our local stations also got power back.

Not sure if some of you also deal with odd comments from people who may not live in "the sticks" or "rural" areas like I get occasionally from even my extended family......"Oh you got to play with your toys"..... that actually annoys me a bit as without those "toys" my uphill 650' driveway would be impassable, we would have eaten off my camp stove and had a house that dropped into the low 50s if not the 40s filled with 2 freezers loaded with food, a hot tub that eventually will cool down etc. Not sure when having the right equipment and being mostly self sufficient and prepared became "the owner of toys"...... perhaps I should have wasted money on new cars or a $15K side by side Razor or something........lol. Mini-rant over.

Reactions: 6 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Used the tractor with the grapple to move a couple logs to my splitting area. Blocked them up, split and stacked. No pictures, didn't have anything with me to take pictures with.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Got ~18" of heavy wet snow here in NH the past 36hrs or so.

Two rounds of using the B2601 with the blower and back blade.....today was messy, add in some downed trees and power outage and the chainsaw and whole house Kohler genny are all earning their keep today.

People wonder why I have all the "equipment" I do.......today is the "use case" for all of them. Generator purring, Kubota earned its keep, Honda tracked blower got some work in and the chainsaws freed up the mailbox and cleaned up a few downed limbs for now.
We got the same amount of snow here. Very wet and very sticky. Luckily, power never went completely out. Kept going out for 10-15 seconds. Snowblower handled it fine as far as blowing, but miserable to get it to feed into it as it wanted to keep pushing forward in front of it into a pile like a plow. Kept having to stop, and ram into the pile to get it to feed into the auger.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
We got the same amount of snow here. Very wet and very sticky. Luckily, power never went completely out. Kept going out for 10-15 seconds. Snowblower handled it fine as far as blowing, but miserable to get it to feed into it as it wanted to keep pushing forward in front of it into a pile like a plow. Kept having to stop, and ram into the pile to get it to feed into the auger.
Same experience with this concrete crap pushing. Ended up taking half cuts and still needed to stop and ram every 50'. Still better than walk behind blowers !!!! lol

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I guess officially we got 21" here and it was heavy and wet. Power came on at 3:15am this morning so out almost 24hr......good workout for the whole house generator. I want to check my propane level as I track it fairly closely so I am curious as to what ~24hrs burned at the actual load we have on it.

I think today might be some additional cleanup with the saw and clippers. Check the tractor over and get some more fuel here......assuming our local stations also got power back.

Not sure if some of you also deal with odd comments from people who may not live in "the sticks" or "rural" areas like I get occasionally from even my extended family......"Oh you got to play with your toys"..... that actually annoys me a bit as without those "toys" my uphill 650' driveway would be impassable, we would have eaten off my camp stove and had a house that dropped into the low 50s if not the 40s filled with 2 freezers loaded with food, a hot tub that eventually will cool down etc. Not sure when having the right equipment and being mostly self sufficient and prepared became "the owner of toys"...... perhaps I should have wasted money on new cars or a $15K side by side Razor or something........lol. Mini-rant over.
I got that from one of my neighbors when I drove up to a large tree that fell across the power lines, and after the power company put the lines back up and restored the power, my toy chain saw cut it in half, and my toy BX23S pushed it to the side of the road so he could go to work. After I was done I said, "I'm taking my toys and going home! Have a good day".

Last edited:

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Been a couple days, mostly because I caught a cold my grandson brought home from the germ factory (school), so I just laid up on the sofa watching TV with the missus till I felt better. I think she had it worse than I did.

I pulled about 20 small stumps and cleared and piled more deadfall in the area where I pulled up the stumps. It's shaping up pretty good on the back side of my property, but I still got a long way to go. Should have taken some before/after photos, but didn't. About all I could show now is the giant pile of roots, stumps, rotten logs and leaf mass that I've been piling up. Gonna get the bulk of it piled up, then rent a dump trailer for the weekend and hauls as much as I can to the dump. It's all rotten and waterlogged, so isn't going to burn, and besides that, I'd probably attract a lot of unwanted attention if I tried. I'm gonna let it drain/dry some before I haul it to knock down on some of the weight, too. Get charged by the ton at the landfill. It's about 40 miles round trip to the dump, so I'll have a long day on the Saturday after I rent the trailer. Dump isn't open on Sunday, and I may not be able to get it early enough on Friday to make a load, or to keep it on Monday long enough for a load. I nearly pulled the trigger on a dump trailer, but I simply wouldn't use it enough to make it worth the maintenance on it. I've never intended to use the LX or any of my other belongings to make money with, so I simply can't justify the cost of the dumper.
I guess I could take photos of the two lots on either side of me as 'before' photos. I was going to leave it 'wild' back there, but two things changed my mind. The first was a tornado that cranked up in my back yard about 6 months after I moved in. That put 36 trees on the ground that took me forever to clean up with nothing but hand tools. The second event was when I saw a 6 foot rattlesnake cross my yard and go back there to hide. I'm a lot happier to be up on the LX doing that work back there than on my feet. If he leaves, we won't have a problem. I don't have a problem with snakes doing snake things out in the woods. Just not in my yard.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny

I have siblings that refer to my out in the sticks place as Area 51!

I installed a 20kw generac in july of 2021. Over a years time with a 10 min exercises one a week and an 8 hr outage I used about 40lbs or 10 gallons of propane. Way less than I figured as the manual says 3.5 gal per hour full load. I couldn't get an install of propane so I bought 3 of my own 100lb tanks and regulators. I have 3 tanks so I could switch them out. I had a 100 gal/420 lb tank for the house but they never would get back to me about size and hook up.

End of rant for me is I love living with my wife and 3 dogs in the country. Wouldn't trade places with any of my 4 sibs who all live in cities.
Just warming up the kubota to run thru the woods packing down the snow a little for people and dog walking.

Bill

Reactions: 4 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
The second event was when I saw a 6 foot rattlesnake cross my yard and go back there to hide. I'm a lot happier to be up on the LX doing that work back there than on my feet. If he leaves, we won't have a problem. I don't have a problem with snakes doing snake things out in the woods. Just not in my yard.
^^^^^

Same here.

ALL non-venomous snakes get a pass, whether up around the house, my shop area or elsewhere.

Venomous snakes...in my yard or around the house have got to go. Venomous snakes around my shop might get relocated. Mostly Copperheads where I am. We have Timber Rattlers here too....but I've yet to see one.

Yours would have been an Eastern Diamondback or Timber Rattler. Wouldn't want to take a bite from either of those.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Yup…me three. For the most part the blower was flawless…that concrete was not wanting to feed into the auger for me too. Still a thousand times better than walking behind my (now sold) Honda tracked blower. That was a beast though.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire

I NEED a side by side to move my ass all over my property! 🤣

I NEEEEED one of them side by sides to move my fat butt all over my property 🤣 can someone tell me if they will EVER “normalize” in price again???
Sorry for the double post…my iPhone went crazy there for a minute…

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
^^^^^

Same here.

ALL non-venomous snakes get a pass, whether up around the house, my shop area or elsewhere.

Venomous snakes...in my yard or around the house have got to go. Venomous snakes around my shop might get relocated. Mostly Copperheads where I am. We have Timber Rattlers here too....but I've yet to see one.

Yours would have been an Eastern Diamondback or Timber Rattler. Wouldn't want to take a bite from either of those.
Definitely Timber rattler. We called 'em Saddlebacks because their markings are shaped like a saddle. Eastern diamondbacks don't get but about half the size of a Timber/Saddleback. Been around 'em all my life. Buried more than one dog that got too close to one, and more than one rattler that erred and showed themselves in our yard. A pair of rubber boots probably saved my life once. Just noticing a different coloration in some leaves did twice, in one afternoon.

When I was a kid, I lived out in the sticks, and if I had on a shirt or shoes, I was probably on my way to church. But 10 times out of 9, I had a .22 rifle with me on any given day. We kept hunting dogs, and in the summers, we'd let 'em roam during the day, but we always put 'em up at night to keep them from getting into trouble. I'd go out in the woods plinking around with the .22, and the dogs would come to me, and I'd take 'em home to feed 'em and put 'em up for the night. I happened to notice a pile of leaves that looked odd, and then saw the rattles, 5.5 footer was sleeping with his head under his body, so I popped him, reloaded and then split his head with the next round. 16 rattles and a button. I grabbed that one by the tail, and walked about 20 yards and found his missus, but she wasn't sleeping. She was 6 feet, and was coiled about to strike if I took one more step. But I saw her first, and won. Split her head with the .22 as well. 2 new rattles, no sound. Figured I'd take both home to show my mom and step-dad. I walked another 20 yards, and common sense kicked in and made me realize that EITHER of those snakes could have killed me, and I got physically ill, because there I was, shorts, no shirt, no shoes, and 2 miles away from home. I finally got it back together, and started dragging the snakes home. I had to cross a small stream that ran cold all summer, and when the business ends of those snakes hit that cold water, both convulsed and hit me in the back of the legs. I was slapping my knees out of my face trying to get away from them, yet knowing full well BOTH were quite dead. I NEVER went in the woods with shorts nor bare footed again.

Timber rattler males take care of their rattles, and give a very distinct warning. Even if you've never heard it, there's no mistaking that sound of pure evil. The females, though, do NOT take care of their rattles, and break them off, so you may or you may not get a warning from a female rattler. Worse yet, the females blend in with fallen leaves better too, because they tend to be more brownish than grey, and typically are larger than the males and have more venom. They're bad business when disturbed. The largest timber rattler I've seen was more than 7 feet. Hard to measure them when dead because they stretch a bit. Seemed like our front yard was some sort of crossing for them. I don't know how many we killed in the yard.

I'll give king snakes and rat snakes a pass because they catch a lotta critters I don't want around, including venomous snakes in the case of the king snakes. I had a 5-foot king in my yard last year that was very docile and would let me pick it up. It got used to me being around, and me it, but the Missus don't like Nope Ropes at all, of any kind. But I brought the big king snake up on the deck and let her touch him a few times and all was good. Next day, we found him out in the yard swallowing a copperhead. She named him SSSSSSSStephen.

• Love

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Definitely Timber rattler. We called 'em Saddlebacks because their markings are shaped like a saddle.
We call them (Timber Rattlers) a 'Canebrake Rattler' here.

Seldom get over 6' but all of them are THICK snakes.

You wouldn't want to get tagged by one.

Canebrake2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Snowblowed my driveway again with the BX2380/BX2830 combo....twice in 2 days. Tomorrow looks like a likely candidate as well.

Wind was blowing pretty hard, so if I took a picture, this is what it would've looked like:

(I'm serious)

• Haha

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Used the tractor with the grapple to move a couple logs to my splitting area. Blocked them up, split and stacked. No pictures, didn't have anything with me to take pictures with.
I use my grapples to hold logs of the ground for cutting them at waist height all the time such a back saver.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
More snow removal this morning in 5F weather. There was close to 6" on the ground and we've already had more snow this winter than we had the entire winter last year. It's days like this when the comfort of a cab is really appreciated, particularly when the snow is very light and powdery such that it blows all over the place. A rear windshield wiper is a must have.

Getting started.

mx_12-19-22.jpg

Plowing the lower driveway.

driveway_12-19-22(2).jpg

Upper driveway and parking areas done.

driveway_12-19-22.jpg

Short video of the snow blower in action, and clearly my struggle trying to back up the tractor while taking video footage out of the rear window! :ROFLMAO: I really like the sound of the tractor and blower working together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users