What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Spent a cheery afternoon removing the cab roof and headliner on my B2650 so I could clean up the mouse house and deceased baby meese that had taken up residence under the A/C evaporator.

Getting it apart (after figuring out that you pushed the little pin IN to remove the plastic rivets) was pretty straight forward.

Putting it back together was another story...

Reactions: 1 user

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Installed the Reflectix liner while I had the roof off.

2685CAEB-D4CF-433F-97E3-26FBB81DDC50.jpeg A7EB292E-B9AB-4CC7-9746-4CD71A575F0D.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I made a pallet fork trailer hitch ball mount (no pix).
I simply took an old bed rail (2' long) (man, is that metal tough to drill, holy farg batman!!) and put a 1-7/8's ball in the end of it. Now I can move my utility trailer around the backyard when mowing without getting off the tractor or trying to align it to the ball on the rear of the 'BX.

I attach the "bed rail" to the pallet fork with a couple biggie C-clamps.

For all I am doing, I think it'll be fine. If I was moving a travel trailer, I'd likely be overdoing it, but for an empty utility trailer, it seems to work just fine. Near zero $$ solution. (other than burning out drill bits and grinding stones trying to get a hole in an old angle iron bed rail, apparently made out of diamonds.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I hoped the 1.5” of rain overnight would have softened up the clay but no. Digging a trench to run my Starlink cable. Could only get about an inch down with the tooth bar. Filled the trench with water and will let let soak in for a few hrs and repeat a couple times. Could use a sub soiler for this but don’t have one. Ah well, more seat time

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I hoped the 1.5” of rain overnight would have softened up the clay but no. Digging a trench to run my Starlink cable. Could only get about an inch down with the tooth bar. Filled the trench with water and will let let soak in for a few hrs and repeat a couple times. Could use a sub soiler for this but don’t have one. Ah well, more seat time
I like it !

If that were me, I'd take a "sharp" pipe and ratchet strap it (pointed down) to my bucket and drag backwards to make a trench. Yours looks really good though.

I look forward to your opinion of STARLINK. There's a thread here on OTT about Starlink with differing opinions. I hope you post there. I am still on the fence, We're with Xplornet which is really our only option. Sometimes it's real good and then we get some hours every few DAYS where the speed is actually less than 56k dialup. Several times a year we'll get NO SERVICE at all for a few days in a row. (varies)

I am veering wildly off topic now - OOPS!@

Ton

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2022
MD
Finally got my Piranha tooth bar delivered on Friday and installed today. Put it to work clearing a 1/4 acre at the back of my home property that has been neglected for years. Very thick brush with lots of heavy stickers and several young trees 1-3" diameter and a few upwards of 5" diameter. Plan to scrape it all out with the piranha in sections and working great so far on the first section. Got about a tractor's length in on that first pass, approaching head-on each time. Uprooting those larger trees takes some bucket skills, and I'm starting to get the hang of that. Very impressed with the piranha.

IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I like it !

If that were me, I'd take a "sharp" pipe and ratchet strap it (pointed down) to my bucket and drag backwards to make a trench. Yours looks really good though.

I look forward to your opinion of STARLINK. There's a thread here on OTT about Starlink with differing opinions. I hope you post there. I am still on the fence, We're with Xplornet which is really our only option. Sometimes it's real good and then we get some hours every few DAYS where the speed is actually less than 56k dialup. Several times a year we'll get NO SERVICE at all for a few days in a row. (varies)

I am veering wildly off topic now - OOPS!@
Thanks and good idea. Eve soaking it multiple times over 3 hrs just got me another 4” down. Once our clay starts drying out it’s like concrete. I pulled down our old satellite provider hardware and will need the FEL to pop that pole free. Wife had errands to do so that will wait until later this week. Should be able to wrap a chain or strap around it and pop it free easily.

Starlink has been great so far. Forgot the garage door opener was on wifi but it was a quick update to point to the new system. I think I have it all over now.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Katy and I finished a trail to my northeast corner. Or close anyway, I'm staying back far enough to discourage the neighbors from trespassing, hopefully. Still need to make a turnaround loop, but that can wait.

It was a beautiful day.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If you have forks, take one off, set the remaining one near the center of the frame and plow it out a couple inches per pass with the fork angled just slightly down past level. May have to use a sharp shooter spade or a grubbing hoe/mattock to scoop some of the loose dirt out of the resulting ditch which is pretty easy. Not ideal, but works well on our brick hard clay for an occasional narrow trench.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
If you have forks, take one off, set the remaining one near the center of the frame and plow it out a couple inches per pass with the fork angled just slightly down past level. May have to use a sharp shooter spade or a grubbing hoe/mattock to scoop some of the loose dirt out of the resulting ditch which is pretty easy. Not ideal, but works well on our brick hard clay for an occasional narrow trench.
Limited on my B3200. Pin on bucket. Hope to convert to SSQA but that is waiting till the barn is finished

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Spent 4 hours yesterday, started out by box blading my drive into the land. Then was able to get a few hours starting my pond dig. This one is going to be a long project with the L2501 due to the size(larger pond, small tractor:ROFLMAO:). This pond is large enough that a small dozer would make short work of it but I enjoy the tractor seat time and the satisfaction of doing it myself.

I was happy to find a decent amount of clay present. My soil typically is loamy sand with very little clay content. I had to bring in sodium bentonite to seal my first and small wildlife pond and will have to do something similar with this one. I really like the location of this pond from a landscape perspective.

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 8.44.37 AM.jpeg

MFDC0030.jpg

IMG_8065.JPG

DSC04212.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Finished the drive. Well.... at least that part. Going to try and do all before I die thanks to my OCD.;)
rock4.jpg
rock5.jpg
rock6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Finally got my Piranha tooth bar delivered on Friday and installed today. Put it to work clearing a 1/4 acre at the back of my home property that has been neglected for years. Very thick brush with lots of heavy stickers and several young trees 1-3" diameter and a few upwards of 5" diameter. Plan to scrape it all out with the piranha in sections and working great so far on the first section. Got about a tractor's length in on that first pass, approaching head-on each time. Uprooting those larger trees takes some bucket skills, and I'm starting to get the hang of that. Very impressed with the piranha.

View attachment 86637
View attachment 86638
You’ll love the Piranha. It made a huge difference on my LX2610SU.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
The consensus is it cuts down on radiant heat transfer into the cab, helps AC in summer.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Rebuilt (seals) both lift cylinders on my LB400 front loader.

One had started leaking pretty badly. No wonder since the main seal crumbled when I removed it.
Wiper as well.

The other cylinder was in better shape but might as well do them both at the same time. Will do the bucket curl cylinders later when I have time. I have the seal kits...but they aren't leaking (yet).

Cyl Repair5.jpg
Cyl Repair8.jpg

Have no idea why this pic posted upside down.....?

Cyl Repair7.jpg
Cyl Repair6.jpg
Cyl Repair2.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Used the B1700 and the quick hitch to pull the old satellite dish pole and reuse it for my Starlink dish. Hydraulics make easy work. Now I just need a power PHD or pile driver to put it in place. Good thing my boy is home from school this weekend. I do believe I will be watching him work later. This time I’ll try that two part foam for setting the pole

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Had the grandson loading the Sidekick. This is the first time for him running a loader. First scoop he had half a bucket of clay and sand. The second bucket was around a shovel full. He will learn as he practices.
IMG_4511.JPG
IMG_4510.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Rebuilt (seals) both lift cylinders on my LB400 front loader.

One had started leaking pretty badly. No wonder since the main seal crumbled when I removed it.
Wiper as well.

The other cylinder was in better shape but might as well do them both at the same time. Will do the bucket curl cylinders later when I have time. I have the seal kits...but they aren't leaking (yet).

View attachment 86780 View attachment 86781

Have no idea why this pic posted upside down.....?

View attachment 86782 View attachment 86783 View attachment 86784
How did you remove the gland nut? Spanner wrench of Monkey/Pipe wrench?

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Only mowed the hill and back 'play' field. BUT , like diving or gymnastics it is the difficulty level that required the Kubota 4wd and traction.