What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Great photos and really cool to see the 4060 pulling that haybine. My first thought was "wait, he's doing that with the B2410". :ROFLMAO:
Well, actually

I did bale with it! :cool: Hooked it up to a NH 273 baler last year before I got the L4060. I don't have the correct hydraulic control on the B2410 or I would pull the MoCo as well.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Well, actually

I did bale with it! :cool: Hooked it up to a NH 273 baler last year before I got the L4060. I don't have the correct hydraulic control on the B2410 or I would pull the MoCo as well.
Does the B2410 do ok pulling the NH baler?

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Does the B2410 do ok pulling the NH baler?
Sure, as long as you don't get motion sickness! It powered it fine, but the ram motions really move the tractor back and forth. If working flat ground, the B2410 can actually get the job done, but not something I would do a lot of, who knows what can get shook apart from all the motions.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Couple of things, one really stupid that I probably shouldn’t admit and another that was interesting to me and possibly no one else.

Sunday my son and I were rearranging and cleaning trash out of the shed. Most of the trash was about 75 extremely rusty tomato cages in poor condition that no one has any use for. Last time they were used, it was only 5 so the other 70 we’re taking up about 500 SF of otherwise usable space. Was planning to use the grapple to move some stuff but if you put the grapple on and don’t lock the pins it apparently has a tendency to fall off. Making it worse it was about 6’ up when it fell off so it broke a fitting on one of the hydraulic lines. We still were able to make enough room to get a boat and one of the antique tractors in the shed with room left over. Just had to use the forks instead of the grapple.

Being it’s a Tar River (NC USA company but apparently actually an importer of fine Chineseum) the fitting wasn’t available at the NAPA warehouse within walking distance of work.

Off to the local Kubota dealer where I bought it, only 15 miles away, who also didn’t have it. While I was there I saw they had several MX5400’s some open station some cab, an open station M90 something on giant R1’s, a M7060 with cab, MX6000, as well as several BX’s like my wife wants. Didn’t plan to look at them but got a work call that took forever so I wandered around, looked them over, sat on most of them. Since getting the L4701, I’ve several times thought maybe I should have gone with the MX5400 but at the time thought it was just a little too big. After sitting on it and pulling a tape to measure width with R4’s (it was a stupidly long call) confirmed, yeah it’s just too dang big for our property. Looked like a really sweet ride, though. That and the cabs. Sometimes would be nice but there’s no way I could fit a cab some places without major changes to the property. So I left the yard at the end of the call feeling a little better after confirming the L4701 was the absolute biggest machine I could have gotten in a Kubota tractor for our needs. Then went inside where they gave me the same story as NAPA; it’s some oddball metric thing they didn’t have. So I bought a hat and headed another mile and a half to the Parker hose and fitting store.

Talked to some customer at Parker for 20 minutes about how to set up the el cheapo air shocks he’d bought for a jeep that also had oddball fittings (which Parker had mates for in stock). Of course it took them about 2 minutes to bring me a $9.60 exact replacement once air shock man left with a bin full of hoses and fittings to rig up his jeep with the plan he, I, and another customer who was waiting on custom hoses for a forklift cobbled together. So next time I have a few minutes I’ll do the 300 hour service, spend 5 minutes replacing the fitting and replacing the piddling amount of fluid lost if it’s even noticeable.

Sunday’s job got done, nobody got hurt, total damage $9.60 but I sure did feel mighty stupid (and rightly so because that was really stupid).

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Another ash "victim" tonight. Now I can put the POD in that spot.

831ash1.JPG

831ash2.JPG

more to do.

Reactions: 5 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Sadly, here in Pa all the ash are dying! Coming home on I84 from my daughters you can look up on the mountains driving for miles and see long windy rows of dead ash! Seeing mass amounts (Thousands) of dead trees really makes you wonder what the future has in store for us!

• Sad

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Sadly, here in Pa all the ash are dying! Coming home on I84 from my daughters you can look up on the mountains driving for miles and see long windy rows of dead ash! Seeing mass amounts (Thousands) of dead trees really makes you wonder what the future has in store for us!
We lost our chestnut trees to blight, oak is being destroyed by Gypsy moth, hemlock is being destroyed by woolly adelgid, beech trees are dying from leaf and bark diseases and now the tree of heaven is spreading fast while feeding the spotted lanternflys. I would say that our forests are out of control while we wait for the next imported plague.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Another ash "victim" tonight. Now I can put the POD in that spot.

more to do.
I have been cutting Ash trees down for the last couple of years, but it looks like this year I will be cutting the most since this started.

They are cutting Ash trees down along the county and state roads around here.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Got the rock mainly done this morning. Ill get the sand leveled for the sod and hopefully pick that up tomorrow.
rock1.jpg
rock2.jpg
rock3.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I got 23 ton of 3/4 process delivered at 2 this afternoon. Took until 6:30 to spread it with the box blade over the driveway. Tomorrow I'll finish trimming it all with the back blade.
spreading 23t process stone.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Whacked 2 more ash tonight...on a roll.

ash4_1.JPG

ash4_2.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
I ran to the dealer and picked up a five gallon pail of UDT2, both hydro filters and an oil filter. Then off to the auto parts for some T6 Rotella oil (along with oil/filter for my truck). Zoinks, that was a pricey outing!

I am a bit shy of 50 hours (still) but wanted everything handy for when I get there.

edit……I looked at the new stock on the lot. A few LXs with and without loaders/cabs, various Ls and Bs with and without loaders and backhoes.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Another couple of hours on the driveway. I really could use another 20+ ton of material but I'm going to see how it does after it packs down. If we ever get any rain that is. . .

After the back blade moved over some material and smoothed things out I back bladed the fel and it came out looking ok.

Here is what it looked like after the back blade. btw I could not have done this at all without that offset.

tractor on driveway.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Started putting on a few new toys, but the quick connect doesn't line up correctly. I guess I will have to wait until Tuesday when BXpanded opens.
IMG_4487.JPG
IMG_4489.JPG
IMG_4494.JPG

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Finished up my L2501 HYD filter + hose manifold skid plate and got it installed on the tractor.

20220901_170657.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
What is the going rate of the material per ton? Is trucking extra?
$16.07 / ton
delivery was $109.12

and then I see they added a $47 fuel surcharge. they never mentioned that on the phone :( It's just a bs way to make more $$$. I'm abt 15 miles from the plant (Meriden). 30 miles roundtrip, one empty. If the damn truck gets an average of 5mpg then they burn 6 gallons of diesel. At $5.00 / gal that's $30.00, total. Assuming they were paying $3.00 / gal before it got crazy they are charging an additional $35.00 over their actual increase.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Went by the Ms dealer on my way in yesterday. They had a B, BX and MX5400 with loaders, and a small backhoe. They've had Bad Boy mowers and had gotten some Land Pride and Bad Boy attachments in. I'm not real impressed with the Bad Boy cutters and 70" grapple. Price was good (~$1700 on the grapple) but it didn't seem that well made. The cutters don't have a full size stump jumper - maybe these are the lower-end models.

Today, I took Katy's FEL valve off to install the third section for a future grapple. I had so much fun welding on ears for the longer valve that I got to do it over, correct orientation this time. Maybe I'll post a picture when I get some paint over my 'weld'/grinding.