What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
took a break from dropping trees to put in a shed pad...er...POD pad as it will be. Friend of mine wants it gone, all I have to do is haul it here....so, why not?

POD pad.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Yesterday I started the install of the 3rd function and quick attach remote. Got the unit mounted, and somehow in the process of moving the fitting bracket for the loader from the inside, to the outside where the manual shows it, the bucket tilt seized up and tilt stopped functioning. I could raise and lower, but not tilt. I put the bracket back where it was originally installed and it works again. This one has me stumped, it's not like it is pinching a hose or anything, all the hoses move freely inside the tube.

Anyway, I got all the brackets installed and the lines attached, but when I tried to take the fittings apart under the seat, I found I do not have a wrench that size, looks like a 1 1/16" fitting. Tried using an adjustable, but that Frakking thing is TIGHT!!!! Off to get a wrench today so I can get the job done.

Interesting how there is a mix of metric and sae fittings. The bolts for the control valves to frame are 10mm x 1.25, but use a 9/16 socket. The bolts for the brackets however are 12mm.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Yesterday I started the install of the 3rd function and quick attach remote. Got the unit mounted, and somehow in the process of moving the fitting bracket for the loader from the inside, to the outside where the manual shows it, the bucket tilt seized up and tilt stopped functioning. I could raise and lower, but not tilt. I put the bracket back where it was originally installed and it works again. This one has me stumped, it's not like it is pinching a hose or anything, all the hoses move freely inside the tube.

Anyway, I got all the brackets installed and the lines attached, but when I tried to take the fittings apart under the seat, I found I do not have a wrench that size, looks like a 1 1/16" fitting. Tried using an adjustable, but that Frakking thing is TIGHT!!!! Off to get a wrench today so I can get the job done.

Interesting how there is a mix of metric and sae fittings. The bolts for the control valves to frame are 10mm x 1.25, but use a 9/16 socket. The bolts for the brackets however are 12mm.
That 1-1/16 might be a 27mm and the 9/16 might be 14mm.

When your tilt didn't work, I wonder if you had a good connection at the hose fittings.

Reactions: 1 users

Ton

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2022
MD
10 minute till job, that led to an hour of cleaning old burlap out of the flanges. That little pile in the second pic was only about a quarter of it. 🤨

IMG_5561.JPG

IMG_5564.JPG

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Couple days ago I used the 4' rotary cutter at my son's house that he just moved into. Small patch of overgrown grass/brush/etc. Worked pretty good. Past couple days in the evening I've been working on the 6 truckloads of free fill I got and moving it to where I eventually want to put a larger shed...

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Got the third valve added to the FEL stack and reinstalled. I'll have to come up with an actuator linkage. I'm not sure if I want it fore-aft or side-to-side. I also need to modify and mount the hard lines to the front.

IMG_20220903_123316223.jpg IMG_20220903_133427975.jpg IMG_20220903_135206238.jpg

IMG_20220903_135154453.jpg

Also got the light bar mounted, but not wired, on the front guard. I installed LED headlights before, but they're so low they hit the back of the bucket. I ought to be well lit on the front.
IMG_20220903_180735801.jpg

Last edited:

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I found that piece of rebar I lost. 😑
View attachment 86478
I found a piece in the side of my ford taurus nearly new winter tire. It was my own fault I laid a few short pieces by the garage door. Then when backing it out I turned the wheel to soon. There was a bang, bang, bang against the wheel well and a hissing sound. One of those moments when you realize we all do stupid things.

Bill

Virtual Guy

Equipment
Kubota L2501, loader, Land Pride box blade and grapple, John Deere MX5 cutter
Jul 17, 2022
Osage County Oklahoma
I found a piece in the side of my ford taurus nearly new winter tire. It was my own fault I laid a few short pieces by the garage door. Then when backing it out I turned the wheel to soon. There was a bang, bang, bang against the wheel well and a hissing sound. One of those moments when you realize we all do stupid things.

Bill
Oh yes the bang bang hiss is familiar.

I am filling in an old pond and used some broken up concrete as fill. I just HAD to climb up on that concrete to put a bucket of dirt where I wanted. 🙄

Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Finished the install of the 3rd function Quick Attach Remote L2272 kit. Detailed write up here

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
took a break from dropping trees to put in a shed pad...er...POD pad as it will be. Friend of mine wants it gone, all I have to do is haul it here....so, why not?

View attachment 86462
Dirty - - you've got to be one the hardest working guys I "know".

Most of your excavating/pipe jobs are your "side" work, right?!?!

You and your guys do a lot, and even have matching uniforms....:cool:

Looks like you do good and careful work. Those places are tough work locations....

Hell, come to Chenango County, New York to do my water service!!! Short shot...I know how to do it, but can't do it myself. Nobody else knows or wants to...

Understand the ash-elimination and POD pad are "housework."

I've poked at you in fun before. Not being a smart-ass. Not my intent at all this time......

My hat's off to you! ;)

Reactions: 1 user

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Spent the day with my son doing some grapple work, switching the grapple and rotary cutter to the bucket and box blade. We set elevation stakes and ribbons around the perimeter of the new pond dig to help me with elevations as I build up the dam. Real old school, string and line level! lol

We also did some basic maintenance to the tractor. Checked HST fluid level, cleaned and lubed the seat track , radiator screen, fueled it up and gave it a quick overall check.

DSC04208.JPG

DSC04209.JPG

MFDC0054.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Spent the day with my son doing some grapple work, switching the grapple and rotary cutter to the bucket and box blade. We set elevation stakes and ribbons around the perimeter of the new pond dig to help me with elevations as I build up the dam. Real old school, string and line level! lol

We also did some basic maintenance to the tractor. Checked HST fluid level, cleaned and lubed the seat track , radiator screen, fueled it up and gave it a quick overall check.

View attachment 86602
View attachment 86603
View attachment 86604
Always great when my son stops by for a half hour visit. Always tractor talk as he has a mahindra with a backhoe. He and it never sit still for long!

Bill

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Dirty - - you've got to be one the hardest working guys I "know".

Most of your excavating/pipe jobs are your "side" work, right?!?!

You and your guys do a lot, and even have matching uniforms....:cool:

Understand the ash-elimination and POD pad are "housework."
Correct. Most of the side work with the excavator was for the plumbing co that my wife works for. That gig has dried up for me (for now) as I was serving as a pinch hitter. They've recently hired a full time guy to ride the excavator. :(

The rest of the stuff is just me. Either part time side work or just at home. I enjoy it, it makes me happy. Much better than my real profession sitting behind a desk and hating every minute of it. Sadly, I've spent the better part of 30+ years doing something that I can't stand...all for the money. Looking back on it now, it wasn't worth it.

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Spent a little time Saturday morning replacing the fitting I accidentally ripped off the grapple last weekend. That took approximately 5 minutes. Then did the 300 hour service, cleaned the radiator and pre-screen, and generally cleaned it up enough I can at least see the gauges through the dust and mud a bit more clearly. Then ran around for a bit picking up brush to haul to the brush pile for chipping later. It was a little disappointing to find the gallon of SUDT I had on the shelf wasn’t a gallon; it was a gallon jug with about a quart in it. With the current cost of SUDT, that was a disconcerting blow to my overall net worth. Didn’t lose much when the lid line broke so even though it didn’t require any (on the lower side of the range on the dipstick) I threw whatever was left in the jug into it and I think the level moved on the dipstick but not positive.
F598A10E-8997-47B8-B458-2716FC335A8B.jpeg

Yes, this was one fitting prior to last weekend, but it wasn’t strong enough to withstand the power of operator error.
07C92E8C-91AE-45CD-B766-05C59AF94467.jpeg

Good as new. Finding the fitting was the hardest part. Now that I know there’s a Parker dealer retail store a mile and a half from my Kubota dealer, next time I can just go straight there if it’s something that looks a little “special”. Sometime maybe I’ll look up the part number they listed on the invoice to find out what exactly the specs on the fitting are. For now, don’t much care.
66FA0046-2DA2-4C0A-860B-8C087DFB3E94.jpeg

Back in business…