What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I figured out that the JD plow won't work with the QH15 so got it hooked up to the 3-point directly. I flushed the old hydraulic oil out of the turnover system by connecting one of the new hoses to the plow and the other end to one of the remotes and running the other old hydraulic line from the plow into a bucket. Once flushed, I then connected the other new hose to the plow and remote and made sure that the turnover system works, which it does, and it works well! Finally I did a fairly good job of cleaning the plow off with a pressure washer in preparation for the next phase, which is replacing or repairing any parts of pieces that need it.

Does anyone know the technical terms for hydraulically operated turnover mechanism?

You wouldn't know it but the M was in regen mode when this photo was taken. :LOL:

m6060_plow_01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
I was looking to buy a new Woodmaxx MX8600 chipper. Well, I found a lightly used (22hrs.) with a fresh set of blades/filter TM-86H in excellent condition that I bought instead. I would prefer new with the warranty and hydro drive BUT the price difference made it hard to pass up. It was a few hours away but I love a good roadtrip.

Now I just have to figure out the best way to get it outta my truck in the morning. 😬

D24CFD44-E227-433A-BC19-CF2FE51F282A.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I was looking to buy a new Woodmaxx MX8600 chipper. Well, I found a lightly used (22hrs.) with a fresh set of blades/filter TM-86H in excellent condition that I bought instead. I would prefer new with the warranty and hydro drive BUT the price difference made it hard to pass up. It was a few hours away but I love a good roadtrip.

Now I just have to figure out the best way to get it outta my truck in the morning. 😬

View attachment 85241
It rode to its new home in style!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Fixed the left side handle/lock as it’s been slowly binding more and making it difficult to open. Found the problem to be the threaded bolts that hold the plastic lock block were very loose - a little Loctite and good to go.
2A2FF226-8142-43D2-8EB6-75A5F55CFCFF.jpeg A8C278CF-E6E0-421D-A3D4-8AC87453ACC1.jpeg

Oh, and welcomed our first grand baby on Thursday afternoon. Girl named Maci. I’ll be shopping for everything orange for her!

A5A3DE11-ADDE-4732-A7C7-11EE01650C6F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Awesome chipper and truck! What'd you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

Fixed the left side handle/lock as it’s been slowly binding more and making it difficult to open. Found the problem to be the threaded bolts that hold the plastic lock block were very loose - a little Loctite and good to go.
View attachment 85248 View attachment 85247

Oh, and welcomed our first grand baby on Thursday afternoon. Girl named Maci. I’ll be shopping for everything orange for her!

View attachment 85250
Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Reactions: 1 user

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Awesome chipper and truck! What'd you get it for if you don't mind me asking?
The truck or the chipper? 😜

Chipper was $2400. Normally I wouldn’t pay that close to “new” price outta spite but the MX8600 to my driveway was $4k-ish. The savings bought me the HD Woods back blade and a few snacks.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
The truck or the chipper? 😜

Chipper was $2400. Normally I wouldn’t pay that close to “new” price outta spite but the MX8600 to my driveway was $4k-ish. The savings bought me the HD Woods back blade and a few snacks.
I don't blame you, that's a good price compared to a new one shipped (probably $3k) and that unit looks good from the photos. Enjoy and report back on how well it works with the LX.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Maybe some grader (plow) bolts would work.

View attachment 85220
That would be perfect, since the task is EXACTLY what that bolt was designed for. But, as I said, no square drills, LOL. Gonna have to use a taper head with hex socket. I'll get some grade 8's which will resist corrosion a little better and certainly stand up to anything I can do to them with the LX.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I did some more clean-up, erosion control, and leveling yesterday. I managed to:

1. Find something that sneaked up over the FEL support and hit my fuel filter. Never saw it, and didn't really think I'd run over anything that would do that. Guess I was wrong. Started smelling fresh diesel and found the filter leaking. Weird, but simply removing the filter and putting it back on stopped the leak. My guess is it distored the clear housing and let the threads slip on one side. It didn't come off easy, but went back on very easily. Fortunately, I'd smelled it pretty quickly after the leak started and didn't lose much fuel. If I'd been in a cab, I don't think I'd have noticed until I'd covered the lot with diesel. Still gonna get a new filter base and filter. No apparent cracks, but it's leaked once now. It might now be time to consider a deflector plate under all the filters.

2. Lost both hair-pin keepers on the telescoping linkage pins (again). Gravity's still working, but gotta get some more keepers or replace the original pins with a push button release type. Something tells me this is gonna be a common problem in tall brush.

3. Lost my wallet. Didn't realize it until I went to take a shower after dinner. I normally take it out of my pocket and put it on my nightstand if I'm working outside but couldn't remember having done so yesterday, so that's probably why I didn't notice until I was emptying my pockets in the bathroom. I got that sinking feeling knowing I'd pushed several tons of dirt around and now have a pretty high pile of deadfall debris and stumps from all the scraping and cleaning. I was SICK. Had a quick look with flashlights around the work area, knowing there's no way I'm finding that wallet last night. Turns out, I'd taken a midday nap while it was too hot to do anything outside, and my wallet had come out of my pocket (leg pocket on cargo shorts) in the recliner. You have no idea how relieved I was when the missus said "FOUND IT!" Crisis averted, blood pressure back to normal.

Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
O-P, you could drill the holes then dress them a bit with a carbide bit in a die grinder, and do the same a bit on the bolts. Then when the bolts are sucked in the hole they will still not turn so they get tight.

I always remove my wallet when working in hay field or digging! Don't like that feeling you had. 👍

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I did some more clean-up, erosion control, and leveling yesterday. I managed to:

1. Find something that sneaked up over the FEL support and hit my fuel filter. Never saw it, and didn't really think I'd run over anything that would do that. Guess I was wrong. Started smelling fresh diesel and found the filter leaking. Weird, but simply removing the filter and putting it back on stopped the leak. My guess is it distored the clear housing and let the threads slip on one side. It didn't come off easy, but went back on very easily. Fortunately, I'd smelled it pretty quickly after the leak started and didn't lose much fuel. If I'd been in a cab, I don't think I'd have noticed until I'd covered the lot with diesel. Still gonna get a new filter base and filter. No apparent cracks, but it's leaked once now. It might now be time to consider a deflector plate under all the filters.

2. Lost both hair-pin keepers on the telescoping linkage pins (again). Gravity's still working, but gotta get some more keepers or replace the original pins with a push button release type. Something tells me this is gonna be a common problem in tall brush.

3. Lost my wallet. Didn't realize it until I went to take a shower after dinner. I normally take it out of my pocket and put it on my nightstand if I'm working outside but couldn't remember having done so yesterday, so that's probably why I didn't notice until I was emptying my pockets in the bathroom. I got that sinking feeling knowing I'd pushed several tons of dirt around and now have a pretty high pile of deadfall debris and stumps from all the scraping and cleaning. I was SICK. Had a quick look with flashlights around the work area, knowing there's no way I'm finding that wallet last night. Turns out, I'd taken a midday nap while it was too hot to do anything outside, and my wallet had come out of my pocket (leg pocket on cargo shorts) in the recliner. You have no idea how relieved I was when the missus said "FOUND IT!" Crisis averted, blood pressure back to normal.
I lost some of my sense of smell with covid back in jan and it hasn't returned yet. I can smell things cooking and food, coffee, but not gas or diesel. I would have had a real mess if I had the filter leak you did. Can't smell my own or the dogs methane but wife lets me know if she detects the dogs or me!

Bill

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
First half dozen times I used mine with the telescoping sway control I lost at least one of those hairpins, sometimes both. Never had the actual linchpins back out, though. So I stopped using the hairpin keepers about 200 hours ago and still haven’t had a linchpin work it’s way out. Gravity seems to be sufficient. YMMV…

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
First half dozen times I used mine with the telescoping sway control I lost at least one of those hairpins, sometimes both. Never had the actual linchpins back out, though. So I stopped using the hairpin keepers about 200 hours ago and still haven’t had a linchpin work it’s way out. Gravity seems to be sufficient. YMMV…
Take a measure of the diameter of the pin and when in hardware stores with nothing better to do look for the pins that have a button and little ball keeper in the end where you push the button up top and pull the pin and let off pin and the ball sticks out and will hold. They are not as cheap as a the hair pins but they are handy and harder to lose. Just a thought. 🥃

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Drill the hole out on the pins. Then you can push the hairpins past both humps so that they hang straight down and can swing in the breeze. The weed gnomes can no longer snag the hairpins.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Take a measure of the diameter of the pin and when in hardware stores with nothing better to do look for the pins that have a button and little ball keeper in the end where you push the button up top and pull the pin and let off pin and the ball sticks out and will hold. They are not as cheap as a the hair pins but they are handy and harder to lose. Just a thought. 🥃
Exactly what I ended up doing:
ss ball head locking pin.jpg

and clipped the end to the lift arm

1660433136971.jpeg