What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
I did some more clean-up, erosion control, and leveling yesterday. I managed to:

1. Find something that sneaked up over the FEL support and hit my fuel filter. Never saw it, and didn't really think I'd run over anything that would do that. Guess I was wrong. Started smelling fresh diesel and found the filter leaking. Weird, but simply removing the filter and putting it back on stopped the leak. My guess is it distored the clear housing and let the threads slip on one side. It didn't come off easy, but went back on very easily.
Very similar thing happened to me last week as well while continuing land clearing. Am always careful to back drag brush so it doesn't get under the tractor and around the fuel filter. Apparently, not careful enough though. Didn't notice until the next day when I went into the garage, there was a puddle of fuel under the tractor and drips noticable at the fuel filter.

Didn't come off easy, but after removing and putting back on, the leak stopped. It's a very vulnerable area. Should probably look at some type of guard as I'm pretty sure it will happen again.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Very similar thing happened to me last week as well while continuing land clearing. Am always careful to back drag brush so it doesn't get under the tractor and around the fuel filter. Apparently, not careful enough though. Didn't notice until the next day when I went into the garage, there was a puddle of fuel under the tractor and drips noticable at the fuel filter.

Didn't come off easy, but after removing and putting back on, the leak stopped. It's a very vulnerable area. Should probably look at some type of guard as I'm pretty sure it will happen again.
Can't remember the name of the guy that makes 'em but he's got a full assortment of guards to go under the B series to protect all the filters and hoses. They don't fit my LX, though.:(

I've got a bit more scrap sheet metal to play with, fairly heavy gauge. I figure I can cobble up something that I can bolt on and prevent that from happening again. There wasn't a mark on anything, not even a scratch on the fuel filter. Weird.

I noticed the clear reservoir is fairly flexible while I had it off, so I'm guessing it flexed enough to slip a thread and cross-thread it, but it didn't damage the threads on it or the filter base. I don't think I lost much more than a pint of fuel.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Got the PTO shaft cut and took it for a short test run. I had a few fitting leaks that were easy enough to snug up but other than that it ran perfect and exceeded my expectations. I was a bit concerned that it has the angled chute vs. the flat chute……that was silly of me. Very nice to just drop material in and not have to push it in until it’s grabbed by the drive.

After about 1/2 an hour I have to move on to some dog shenanigans, cutting the grass and if I have time putting skid shoes on my new rear blade. Not bad chip production for 30 minutes including tweaks and being a novice.

View attachment 85297 View attachment 85298
Not on my short list to buy but sure would like to have one of those. Would be great for chipping the limbs from my firewood trees. I have an old self powered troybuilt branded one and it just isn't worth the time to start it.

Bill

Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Can't remember the name of the guy that makes 'em but he's got a full assortment of guards to go under the B series to protect all the filters and hoses. They don't fit my LX, though.:(

I've got a bit more scrap sheet metal to play with, fairly heavy gauge. I figure I can cobble up something that I can bolt on and prevent that from happening again. There wasn't a mark on anything, not even a scratch on the fuel filter. Weird.

I noticed the clear reservoir is fairly flexible while I had it off, so I'm guessing it flexed enough to slip a thread and cross-thread it, but it didn't damage the threads on it or the filter base. I don't think I lost much more than a pint of fuel.
Check specialtyrepaircustoms 😁

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
. . .
When you dig a trench like that, do you start at the far end and work your way backward so that you're actually using it like a shovel? . . .
I worked from both ends and then the middle. I was only doing about a 15' trench. I started on one end about 6' back and worked toward the end, carrying the spoils and dumping past the end point.
On the other side I started on the end and backed up with the spoils to dump them. Was able to go about 6' or so straddling the trench.
The final few feet I did from the side.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Gave the BX its 200 hour fluid and filter change. While the MMM deck was off I cleaned it and pressure washed it along with the rest of the tractor. Other than old grass all over the top of the deck it wasn't all that bad. Have to buy some grease to lube it all up, but will do that next weekend.

I did notice while under it that grass will find its way into every ledge and crevice it can. Quite remarkable actually.

If my little BX takes 3.5 gallons of UDT2 how much do you with the MX and M series use?

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Mowed and spread some sand to try and level around the house. Sick of getting bumped out of the zero turn!!!

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Tested out my DIY ballast barrel, sitting around at least 700lbs. Hasnt moved since 5 days ago when I poured it. Went and hooked it up and lifted, made an initial cracking noise, but I found out that was concrete that leaked out of bucket and got beneath it. Drove around the yard and up and down driveway, works great! A lot less noisy than the box scaper bouncing around and a lot closer to the tractor, not to mention well over double the weight.

Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Finished box blading in the woods and picked up all the old roots and junk that was there. Moved a bunch of dirt from high spots in the woods over to the side of the house that needed grading/filling after removing 5-6 cedars that were in the way a few weeks back. The topsoil I brought over from the woods is in pretty good shape, I think I'll take it during the week and put some seed down. I'm starting to finally get the hang of this box blade 😁

Feels good to know we can finally use our woods for something, it's come a long ways.

View attachment 85311
View attachment 85312 View attachment 85314 View attachment 85315
Boundary survey is being completed today, just found out I have more woods to clear (not a problem, but definitely more work). I own another 6-10' near that cluster of uncleared trees by the big oak way in the background to the left of the wheelbarrow on the first photo. Guess I'll be running the stump grinder and BB a little longer 😂

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
May want to take out that pine at the 45 degree angle while you are at it. o_O
Thats a black cherry that grew sideways to get some sunlight away from the buckthorn and cedars crowding it out lol. It's a really solid tree surprisingly enough 😂 I may take it down but it looks neat.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Thats a black cherry that grew sideways to get some sunlight away from the buckthorn and cedars crowding it out lol. It's a really solid tree surprisingly enough 😂 I may take it down but it looks neat.
The story makes it a keeper!!! Worked too hard for life to be cut down.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
The story makes it a keeper!!! Worked too hard for life to be cut down.
That's what I was thinking, it's a cool tree and I've never seen one grow at an angle like that lol.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
IMG_2958.JPG

I finished sawing this customer's logs yesterday and his M6800 did an amazing job handling the logs.
IMG_2957.JPG

I sawed mostly square stuff from the crooked logs seen above ranging from 2 1/2" to 5".
IMG_2952.JPG

And Quarter Sawn lumber from the better White & Red Oak logs.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Thats a black cherry that grew sideways to get some sunlight
Black Cherry has a very poor root system and will do whatever is necessary to survive.
IMG_0042.JPG

Here is one on my property that is doing just that.....surviving. (y) ;)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
View attachment 85484
I finished sawing this customer's logs yesterday and his M6800 did an amazing job handling the logs.
View attachment 85485
I sawed mostly square stuff from the crooked logs seen above ranging from 2 1/2" to 5".
View attachment 85486
And Quarter Sawn lumber from the better White & Red Oak logs.
I love those wide boards, but I worry they will split and crack to no end. I hope the log was well seasoned before it was sawed.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Those 23" wide boards will all split down the center/pith as they dry but being quarter sawn, they will remain relatively flat. My customer can only plane 15" so it does not matter anyway.

Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
1867F01C-D1E1-409B-88BA-63EDA7617CA4.jpeg

Hooked up the spreader to the MX5100.

PTO shaft was seized and sorta bent, it’s amazing how things come back from being borrowed...

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Got my mowing done right before it started raining. :) Nice and cool here this morning didn't really need any AC for a change.

C01C4006-A84A-4DF9-869C-DF7EC0EB7FF8.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users