What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
You know the routine:

1. Enthusiasm
2. Disillusionment
3. Panic
4. Search for the guilty
5. Punishment of the innocent
6. Rewards for the non-participants
You either worked for GE or some of it's former managers.

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
More brush grinding today. Generated another 10 yards or so of mulch. Got a small mountain of mulch out back now. Just hope I use it all before it rots.

The WC68 has shown me the error of my ways when I designed my little 5x7 yard trailer. A neighbor gave me a small boat trailer for a 10' boat, and I repurposed it for something to get leaves out of my yard without pushing a wheel barrow for a couple hundred miles every time I cleaned up. I can empty the bagger on the Husqvarna about 8 times (4 bushels each time) into that and make one trip to a wash that I've been dumping leaves in for 15 years. Actually, I tried to minimize weight, as well as make sure it would dry back out after a rain. It sits outside, so not unlike a deck, it catches hell from the weather.

It may be time to redesign again, and get a little practice with the welder too. What's on it for a body now is something I cobbled together in a weekend (and have replaced it ONCE in 15 years). Using a steel frame may actually make it a little lighter. I put a lotta lumber in that thing because I didn't want it coming apart when I was using it. Probably not going to ever be able to register it for road use, but it's plenty substantial for hauling a decent size mower, or perhaps about a 1/4 cord of fire wood. I'm debating on going all Andrew Camarata on it, and turn it upside down a couple times and make it downright purty. Andrew is inspiring. I like to see kids his age with that kind of work ethic.

Took care of two out of three brush piles today. Will get the third tomorrow. I'm in no hurry. The weather is absolutely stunning for this kind of work. High today was about 60, very dry. Still gonna take a few weeks before I can start making progress with levelling/grading.

Reactions: 1 user

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Well you guys all got the good jobs today.... I had to kill one of our beef he was getting mean toward the others and toward my wife and i. He knocked my wife down 5his week and beat her with his head thank god for no horns she is ok but sore. Thank God my buddy let me use his big 120 hp jd with loader to lift him my kubota b2710 with 402 dosnt have the height. Being 1 year and 1 month he was young but ate good hanging weight was over 600 lbs all dressed and skun. But the kubota got the gross job to night mix the gut pile in to the manure pile to decompose safe and efficiently. Yuck. He was a Jersey cross. And sold before the bullet hit him. Clean and humanely put down. Yea I'm sure this will offend some one that dosnt. And people gotta eat right? Farmers strong...

Reactions: 3 users

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I'm working on the ROPs lights on my 3901. Had to run into Harbor Freight/Home Depot to get some hardware to mount my switch box. Using Ken's ROPs mounts, putting one on the inside facing forward and one on the outside facing backward on each side of the rops. Got the lights mounted and the switch box in. Started futzing with the wire just to realize that I don't really have the wire I need. So maybe next weekend I'll get them finished.
I don't have pictures yet. I had to get out and do a little snowblowing so I could get wood so I can have a warm house and hot water.
Gave my driveway a blow job, then went up and down the road (just under half a mile, one way) a few times. Then, just for the hell of it I decided to be a nice neighbor and do my neighbors nearly untouched driveway.

chevyman29

Equipment
New grand l4060 with grapple and rear remote . JD 4520 Power reverser
Feb 20, 2021
Birmingham , AL
We took the new 4060 to the property and used the land plane on the half mile drive way . That is the first actual job we've used it on .

So far we're liking this machine . It doesn't have the pulling power of the jd 4520 power reverser. But we didn't buy it for those types of jobs.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
My wife's "Birthday Present" finally arrived after ordering it the first week in July. We just didn't have the muscle to get the hot tub up on the deck...so Orange to the rescue...With the weight out in front of the forks, had to go pretty easy as I sure didn't want to drop it after waiting almost 8 months for it!

Hot tub 1.JPG

Hot tub 2.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
My wife's "Birthday Present" finally arrived after ordering it the first week in July. We just didn't have the muscle to get the hot tub up on the deck...so Orange to the rescue...With the weight out in front of the forks, had to go pretty easy as I sure didn't want to drop it after waiting almost 8 months for it!
lol holy crap! It’s bigger than the tractor how much does that thing weigh?!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Well you guys all got the good jobs today.... I had to kill one of our beef he was getting mean toward the others and toward my wife and i. He knocked my wife down 5his week and beat her with his head thank god for no horns she is ok but sore. Thank God my buddy let me use his big 120 hp jd with loader to lift him my kubota b2710 with 402 dosnt have the height. Being 1 year and 1 month he was young but ate good hanging weight was over 600 lbs all dressed and skun. But the kubota got the gross job to night mix the gut pile in to the manure pile to decompose safe and efficiently. Yuck. He was a Jersey cross. And sold before the bullet hit him. Clean and humanely put down. Yea I'm sure this will offend some one that dosnt. And people gotta eat right? Farmers strong...
I would be pretty surprised to see someone in here offended, but then again, I tend to be a little myopic about hurt feelings when things that need to be done actually GET done. There's no room on a farm for an aggressive large animal that has to come into contact with people. To paraphrase Larry the Cable Guy, "Giterdun!" is THE way of life on a farm.

Bill Gates will probably thank you for eliminating one more farting bovine. If left to him, we'll all be eating veggie burgers in a couple years. No, says I. I have sharp cuspids for a reason, and they're generally not needed for salad. You've saved a bit of ozone for humanity.

Farm living is a different way of life. It ain't for sissies that get butt hurt when a difficult choice is made without consulting them first. Yours seems the correct one to me. The correct solution isn't always the happiest solution, but usually avoids a much more catastrophic situation. People that insist there's "always an alternative" have way too much time on their hands, and should probably be spending more of it on minding their own business.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
lol holy crap! It’s bigger than the tractor how much does that thing weigh?!
Brochure says 600. Too heavy for one delivery guy and one neighbor. You'd think that they would provide more help when you spend that kind of money for a fart tub?

• Haha

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK

View attachment 55306

View attachment 55307
Congrats.

We added one in November after a 6 month wait......enjoy it !!!

Our dealer carried it to exactly where we wanted on the deck I built for it........but I also didn't have pallet forks at the time either

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Loaded it up on the dealer's trailer to get front 4WD leak fixed and hydro fluid changed. Decided that trying to fix those seals front seals/O-rings by myself might be a bigger job than I can handle.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Congrats.

We added one in November after a 6 month wait......enjoy it !!!

Our dealer carried it to exactly where we wanted on the deck I built for it........but I also didn't have pallet forks at the time either
Yes, everyone enjoys them... for about a month! My last one (we had for 15 years) and it didn't make the last move with us. I was so happy to leave it there for our buyer. I got tired if fixing it every friggin year.

Anyway, wife wanted another one...so

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
just came in from plowing another 4-5" if this white chit. Enough already!!!

• Haha

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
just came in from plowing another 4-5" if this white chit. Enough already!!!
About to go do the same.

It is my fault, I said it was a weak winter in late January.......and it has been dumping ever since.

But I also stated this crap needs to stop promptly on April 1st.

EDIT: Just got done, if I take my time and really clean things up it takes me ~1:30 with the tractor after cleaning off the truck, moving it etc. and I was able to get 3 storms out of this tank of fuel, I have roughly a quarter to 20% left. Not bad......

Last edited:

retiree-urgency abandoned

Equipment
B3350, Kub. 5" rotary cutter, LP 48" forks, Titan Aerial Platform, KK XB Dump
Dec 1, 2020
Bloomington, IN
LINCH PINS - MIA

If it's a repeating problem, replace the pin with a bolt. It will take a little longer to change attachments, but the brush won't steal your pins.

I've lost a bunch of them in the brush/field - once the 99 cent linch pin goes, then the expensive bushhog or quicktach pin goes. Just lost another QT pin so decided to check out the OT brain trust. Since these are things that I almost never change settings on, am going to try bolts and nyloc nuts. Replacement pins are cutting into my beer budget!

Thanks for the idea!