What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
We had around 8-10" of snow, ice pellets and then freezing rain. Weird textured snow to blow, almost like sugar.
that’s the worst snow to blow. It just hurts whenthe wind changes and decides to blast you in the face.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
that’s the worst snow to blow. It just hurts whenthe wind changes and decides to blast you in the face.
Thankfully I have a cab. I left most of it with the hopes of cooler temps tomorrow but now it looks like more freezing rain.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
We got 4" yesterday afternoon and evening. I headed to work this morning at 0430 so it was breaking trail down the driveway and Lane. I get home midday so it'll be cleanup time.

I should have known. I took the blower off a few days ago and put the box blade on. Does it Everytime. Forecast is for another 4" tonight. At least it's cloudy and warm (-4f is warm for us). Temps are supposed to head down to -20 and then drop from there. No fun next week.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Finished cleaning up the 10" or so of the white stuff we got Monday night and pushing back the piles.
Regards
2021-2-16 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Cleaned up the frozen icefalls that slid off of the shop and garage metal roofs [rooves?]
Gave the M a much needed greasing at all zerks including the snow plow

Reactions: 1 user

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Moved 10 yards of road base gravel to make a pad for a 20 foot shipping container and used the rest on the driveway.. put about 5 hours on the l2501 today..

Got a nice sunburn too... 82 today in south Florida

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Moved 10 yards of road base gravel to make a pad for a 20 foot shipping container and used the rest on the driveway.. put about 5 hours on the l2501 today..

Got a nice sunburn too... 82 today in south Florida
That looks like far more appealing scenery then what a lot of us are getting.

Moved some snow and broke a shear bolt. Fixed that and blew more snow. Looks like Friday will be another rinse and repeat.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Moved some snow and broke a shear bolt. Fixed that and blew more snow. Looks like Friday will be another rinse and repeat.
Didn't have to move our megasnow (2 inches in Alabama), but we seem to be stuck in the rinse cycle. For the past three weeks, it has rained all except 3 days. The blizzard of 21 happened on one of the three days. Even on the days it didn't rain, it's so soggy we can barely walk in the yard, let alone drive anything across it. All I've been able to do with my LX lately is look at it through the windows. I do have another ammo can and another bracket I made to bolt to the ROPS on the right side to balance the one I put on the left. That'll give Big O a nice pair of saddle bags. Guess I could get the parts painted and collect the hardware to put 'em on if I can safely swim out to the tractor. Found out the 50 cal cans are plenty big for 20' of 5/16" chain with hooks both ends. Might be able to drop all my shackles in there too, which will leave more room on the left for common tools.

Got another frog washin' turd stranglin' gully floater last night, though. Drainage washes across my yard are starting to look like the confluence of the Tombigbee and Alabama rivers. It'll be weeks before it dries out enough to do any dirt work at all. The only good part of all the rain is that stumps are a lot easier to pull (if I'm not slippin' and slidin' n the mud). Got a stump bucket, but I'm learning that it's a lot quicker to put the chain on 'em and take off if they're less than 6 inches in diameter. I only start diggin' on one if it just gets contrary and I need to explain just who's in charge. I keep the BB on when using the stump bucket, because pushing dirt back in a hole with the stumper is sorta like a cat eating a grindstone one lick at a time. Otherwise, I saw 'em off about 4' tall, cinch the chain around the top, hook to the drawbar, and use the weight of the tractor to convince it that it grew in the wrong place.

Made good headway on clearing out the smaller under brush until I started needing a snorkel just to be outside. We're bound to have had at least 20 inches of rain since 01/01. Getting pretty sick of it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I pulled out a big honkin Ford 'TRANSIT ?' van ,huge and tall...from a cliffside ditch
ittybitty BX23s, GR70 chain and out it came.......

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
That looks like far more appealing scenery then what a lot of us are getting.

Yeah, this time of year, South Florida looks real appealing while we're having our late winter monsoons and 1/2" snow blizzards (mostly ice/freezing rain). But starting July/August up to the following January, I couldn't deal with knowing any day a monster storm is about to erase EVERYTHING in it's path, possibly including me and everything I worked so hard to have. I lived on the Gulf Coast when I was a kid, particularly in 1969 when a lady named Camille rolled ashore. She was no lady. I was in downtown Mobile when she erased Biloxi-Gulfport and listened to 200+ MPH sustained winds, gusting up to nearly 300 for almost 8 hours before it got far enough north for the surge to start receding. We had enormous pecan and live oak trees in the yard that were stripped bare of full midsummer foliage overnight and storm surge pushed 4 feet of water up in the yard of the Chidren's Home. It looked like a war zone when the water went away. That was the most terrifying storm in my life, and I made up my mind (11 years old) that if I left the Gulf Coast alive, I'd never go back there to live. Nice to visit family down there, but no way will I ever ride out another hurricane again. ONE was enough. Paradise is a great place to live when Mother Nature ain't pissed off. But when she is ......

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Looks like another nuisance snow this evening into tomorrow here in NH maybe 2-4"....... mostly likely will end up using the rear blade to gather it all in the middle then blow it off the driveway with the blower in one pass.

Might think about adding fuel.......that is one thing that has really amazed me, how thrifty the 2601 is on fuel. I have done ~2-3hrs of mostly full throttle snow blowing and have maybe 2/3 a tank left.....so I burned maybe 1-1.5 gallons per hour. Amazingly good in my mind.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
bucketing and blowering all the snows...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Steve! Loving it, has fit in well to everyday life, I will shoot you a PM

Last edited:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I clean up the driveway a little, we had another 1" of snow last night on top of the 6" we already had. Not a very clear picture. We haven't had this much snow in a long time.

20210218_144936.jpg

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Might think about adding fuel.......that is one thing that has really amazed me, how thrifty the 2601 is on fuel. I have done ~2-3hrs of mostly full throttle snow blowing and have maybe 2/3 a tank left.....so I burned maybe 1-1.5 gallons per hour. Amazingly good in my mind.
I noticed that too, that the LX2610SU is also very efficient. I ran the WC68 at rated 540 PTO RPM for nearly 7 hours last time I hooked it up. Barely used a quarter tank of fuel. I can push and pull with the box blade all day, and probably won't use half that. They are very inexpensive to run, really. I think most of the operating cost is going to be all the doo-dads, gizwidgets, and maintenance.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I noticed that too, that the LX2610SU is also very efficient. I ran the WC68 at rated 540 PTO RPM for nearly 7 hours last time I hooked it up. Barely used a quarter tank of fuel. I can push and pull with the box blade all day, and probably won't use half that. They are very inexpensive to run, really. I think most of the operating cost is going to be all the doo-dads, gizwidgets, and maintenance.
got that right lol, I ran my blower for 4hrs clearing 5 driveways plus drove about 5km round trip. Used 1/8th of a tank in my BX23. I expected that a tank of fuel would last about 8-10hrs of actual high rpm use however its way more fuel efficient than that.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
So I know nothing about snow blowers - looks like you drive in reverse to operate that?
yup. I have a similar one. I chose they style so I could keep my loader on, and they are a pile cheaper than the one that goes on the front. You can also get an inverted style, again more expensive that goes on the back, but you drive forward

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
@random yes what @Crash277 said. If you dont mind twisting your body and neck around, you get to keep your loader which I have found indispensable for snow.