What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Pleasant surprise. Minimal overnight drifting. Wife made it to work out the driveway. Fluid levels holding good since I did the maintenance back in November. Will hit all the grease points this afternoon just to keep things happy

Reactions: 1 users

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Got 9" of medium powder yesterday so plugged in the block heater, prechecked then cleaned off my car. Our son got the old Speedex going so my 8 yr. old grandson cleaned up my wind rows with it. He had a blast.

Reactions: 7 users

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Got about 4" of fluffy white stuff last night, not really enough to blow, but I figured why not? Did the circular driveway, then the street, then the neighbor's driveway, then the other neighbors driveway. Everything functioned as advertised, and nothing got broken, so I figure it's a good day.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Bush ate another linch pin yesterday. I guess brush pushes the linch ring away and the pin pops out on the lower 3 point arm ends especially.
I can't believe I just went through a 15 piece assorted pin set already since December! Nowadays I'm checking them every few hours in the bush, and had to birrow a replacement from my box scraper yesterday.
I checked all the pins and clips again before heading out to cut firewood today, and it's gone again!

So just finished putting together a fix, hopefully. Used up an old aircraft cable kit I had sitting in the garage for years. I think I just ordered my last clip variety pack. They're all going to get this treatment now, on all my equipment LOL.
IMG_20210203_153716395.jpg
IMG_20210203_153858868.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We’ve gotten snow all week, not big stuff like others, but keeps coming. Probably 2 feet on the ground.

The driveway needed some scraping; I leave about an inch-plus every trip with the blower.

Put the box blade on. With a medium top link scrapes it down, then blow it off. Only thing is a box blade doesn’t self-clean very well.

I do pull the box forward....works like a snow pusher. Anyone could shorten the top link and push backwards. My box is only 4-foot, so it’s neater to scoop it up going forward.
F7518B2E-B757-4A9B-B603-8711E8A6A019.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Bush ate another linch pin yesterday. I guess brush pushes the linch ring away and the pin pops out on the lower 3 point arm ends especially.
Can you rotate the implement pins so those holes are vertical that the lynch pins are in?

Reactions: 2 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Can you rotate the implement pins so those holes are vertical that the lynch pins are in?
The 3-point lower lift arms pivot shaft pin holes at the tractor are vertical, the other end pins on the trailer hitch receiver has one nearly horizontal, and one about 45 degrees. I could try vertically aligning those two with spacer washers, but it doesn't seem to matter which way the pin holes face or what direction the pins are used, sticks find a way to pry them loose and off. And gone. It's not hard if you think about it. I can just push my finger tips up and against the pin ring and it pops into my hand.

It's plenty disconcerting to find a lower 3-point hitch arm without its pin after just working it quite heavily! What would happen if I caught a stump with my box blade while pulling in low gear under power and the lower arm came off at the tractor I would rather leave to the imagination, thank you. But can start with dangerous, and expensive, to have happen.

So that STILL leaves me with how to keep the pin clip rings from getting pried loose by wild shrubberies and bushes in the first place! It can be seen if you zoom in a bit that the new aircraft cable loops at the tractor pins are holding the pins up at the top end of their play, which may actually be an inadvertent "feature" of the wire's springiness that keeps the pin lifted and the lock loop up way more out of harm's way. And if something pushes up on it the ring is already tight to the pivot shaft. No dangling spring to get caught so easy? We'll see! At least they're not getting lost anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
They make heavy duty Lynch pins that are very hard to open. ...and if they snap back on your finger - you'll never forget that feeling :mad:🤬‼

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
I can't believe I just went through a 15 piece assorted pin set already since December! Nowadays I'm checking them every few hours in the bush, and had to birrow a replacement from my box scraper yesterday.
I checked all the pins and clips again before heading out to cut firewood today, and it's gone again!

So just finished putting together a fix, hopefully. Used up an old aircraft cable kit I had sitting in the garage for years. I think I just ordered my last clip variety pack. They're all going to get this treatment now, on all my equipment LOL.
View attachment 54359 View attachment 54360
If it's a repeating problem, replace the pin with a bolt. It will take a little longer to change attachments, but the brush won't steal your pins.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I lost a few of those over the years. I went to a quick hitch and have not had a problem since. The implements that needed pins still, I just welded the bushings on so there is no longer any pin needed.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
what a difference a day (or two) makes... wound up with about 20" here and the melt has already started. I had to plow some "yard" for the pup to make it thru to his "business area". Poor pup still has a bum foot and couldn't make it over the fresh snow piles to do his thing.

Snow Day 1.JPG
snow 1.JPG
snow 2.JPG
snow 3.JPG

Bring on Spring!

Reactions: 8 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Didn't get much off the Thursday storm here, maybe a couple inches but high winds all night and in to this morning so the driveway is drifted shut again. Will head out at lunch and open it back up

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Snowing like crazy today and my bx is at the dealer. Going to have to push show with the atv. So unless they drop the machine off before I get home, it will be “nothing on/with the kubota today”

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
50-hour service today, machine is 3 months old. Changed fuel filter and its o-rings. Changed both hydraulic filters, changed the HST fluid which I expected to be very clean, but it didnt appear to be. About 3.5 gallons came out of the 3 drains. Changed engine oil and engine filter too.

took the loader off for the first time to do the service, was a little nervous but it went smoothly, cant believe how easy they make it!

old HST fluid

Reactions: 4 users

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Slow down? He bought it to run it right? Lmao I put an average on my b2710 I bought of like 15 to 18 hrs a week since I bought it. Saves me alot of time and work around the farm feeding our beef, cleaning barns doing firewood, sugar wood, snow removal, and more. That's why I bought mine to use it lol

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Last week, I tried out the new WC-68. That put about 6 hours on the LX. Had to tweak the latch on the bump bar a little. Kept shifting to neutral and stopping the infeed. You can see the pile of chips from the initial run of the WC in the background of the stump photo below. Most of what was growing on these stumps is in that pile. This photo was before I dumped that pile. Had about one and a half trailer loads, somewhere around 3 or 4 cubic yards of chips. Probably have another couple yards worth of brush cut now. We won't be buying mulch this year.

20210129_130822.jpg

Today, I put nearly 8 hours on the LX. Decided to get into politics, and did a bit of stumpin'. Didn't get many votes though. Maybe I used the wrong kind of voting machine. Clearing the lot up some, and this is some of the aftermath. We'd already burned about 30% of the stumps by the time the missus took this photo. The more I try to use the box blade, the more I figure I should get a landscaping rake. I got a LOT of roots and rocks to clean up now, not to mention figuring out the most convenient way of filling up a bunch of old stump holes. All the leaves and straw just ball up under the box blade.

20210205_164233.jpg

Won't take long to hit the 50 hour service at this rate. Better get a tractor shed built SOON. Oh yeah, I just got my LX at the end of November, and I don't have any snow to blow. Been raining a lot too, so trashin' my yard just a little in the back corner. May have some lawn work to do this spring.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I like those pins you have on your stabilizers. Beats the heck outta the ones that came with the tractor. Got a part number and vendor info?