What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Some real snow finally imminent, off with the loader and time to harness up the blower. Forecasting 10cm/4" tonight then Tuesday night maybe double that. Can only hope!

IMG_20201220_190831185.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I installed a couple of weld-on grab hooks, one on each side of my brush guard bracket for securement on the trailer. Got the damage all cleaned up and primed. Made a drawing for a couple of brackets to attach some clevis grab hooks onto the drawbar bracket using some existing bolts. Had to purchase some longer M16x1.5x50 bolts from McMaster Carr to replace the existing bolts.

Made a cool Reese hitch receiver for the lower tubes on my Farm Hand Quick Hitch...still need to prime and paint it, but it fits perfectly and will be very handy for moving the travel trailer in and out of the shop plus moving other trailers around the yard.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Had chain so put together a length to hold stabilizers up. Chain came from Lowe's. It takes 35......not 34 links to work! Gonna wrap the station arm with something to prevent wearing the paint off it.

IMG_3602.jpg

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Had chain so put together a length to hold stabilizers up. Chain came from Lowe's. It takes 35......not 34 links to work! Gonna wrap the station arm with something to prevent wearing the paint off it.

View attachment 52369
That looks vaguely familiar... ;)
Yours is prettier.
IMG_20140531_173538662_HDR.jpg

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ditch Witch has used a similar chain anchor for it's backhoes since the early '80's. Pretty simple, bring the outriggers up and hook the chain on each side.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We worked at the farm some more. Hauled a little over a ton of scrap this morning to the scrap yard. Since we had an empty trailer, we loaded it up with an old pull behind combine. It is one of those items we found buried long the fence line that Grandpa had parked there. Sadly, it had set so long it was beyond being salvaged. It came out in pieces.

20201221_113720.jpg

20201221_115008.jpg

20201221_113915.jpg

We could only get about half of the old combine on the trailer, so the other half will probably head to the scrap yard tomorrow.

We also had lots of visitors in the field.
20201221_082904.jpg

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We loaded and hauled logs today that had been salvaged from a power line tree trimming crew.
IMG_8787.JPG

The first two of six trailer loads of logs.
IMG_8788.JPG

The last trailer load of logs.
IMG_8791.JPG

25 of the 32 logs that we salvaged, loaded, hauled, and stacked today.

Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We loaded up both trailers yesterday. Finished putting the pieces of the combine on one trailer and put the old corn picker on the other trailer. Continue to get things cleaned up.

Ended up having to work on dad's MF383, the alternator had come loose. A little bit of prying, got it moved back into place and bolted tight.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Finally dragged the chains out and using LouNY's preferred method, got them mounted in just a few minutes with no lying on the ground or sweating and swearing.
It did take a lot longer to get all the side and cross chains properly adjusted including a trip or two to the shop for more connecting hardware.
But it is done and just in time for the predicted warming rain event that will likely turn everything into ice when the temps drop back down below freezing😲

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
You are making good use of the Thumb.
Absolutely!! That Thumb is the difference between handling and not handling.

I failed to mention that all of those logs were bucked to length by the landowner with a 20volt DeWalt chainsaw.

The logs are mine just for hauling them off. He wanted them gone before Christmas so I got an early Christmas present. I will saw them into framing lumber for my Son's pole barn.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Took the grand-nieces out to the farm. The littlest one was to busy running around and exploring everything. The older one wanted to ride on the tractor and learn how it works. She was able to pick up some old power poles we had. If I'm not careful, I'm going to lose my nice comfortable job inside the climate controlled cab.

20201223_105445.jpg

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Took the grand-nieces out to the farm. The littlest one was to busy running around and exploring everything. The older one wanted to ride on the tractor and learn how it works. She was able to pick up some old power poles we had. If I'm not careful, I'm going to lose my nice comfortable job inside the climate controlled cab.

View attachment 52509
That's a Proud Moment!! Sure doesn't take them long to catch on, does it?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
She figured things out quickly in the Kubota and was smiling from ear to ear.
Your picture reminded me of this:

At about age 30 when I bought my little JD750 TLB to use on some acreage I owned on a lake. I became good friends with a family that has an adopted son who is mentally challenged in some ways. He was around 12 yrs old at the time. His parents kept very close tabs on him but would let him be with me as we both greatly enjoyed each other’s company. He kept mentioning that he wasn’t allowed to do much at his place so he really enjoyed helping me. I told him as long as he was helping me, I would teach him whatever he wanted to try.

Of course, the first thing on his list was the tractor/backhoe. I found a spot in the woods to set it up and in no time at all he knew how to safely run the hoe at low speed. I’d move the tractor and set things up and he plucked small tree stumps (actually brush, but to him they were trees) and dug holes to bury them in. After a couple of hrs. I told his parents I had something to show them. Can’t remember who was smiling the most between us all. Their son and I have been best friends since. He’s now in his 40’s, has a driver’s license and works for a construction company. He has never forgotten the day he learned to operate heavy equipment! 😂

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL

View attachment 52509
The only reason you get to use that tractor is your dad doesn't know where you hide the key!

• Haha

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I pulled the lawnmower out and moved a light bale of hay, I'm guessing about 400 pounds, through the mud in the yard into the mud in the pasture and stuck it in the lean to for the horse to enjoy. I tried to post a video but my phone makes videos as MP4's, and the forum don't like those. Almost had to leave it out in the pasture, because I drove over a piece of wood that was left out there, and when I tried to back out, it was hitting the front axle. Had to wiggle wag it until it slid in the mud enough for the tire to hit it instead of the axle. I'm a city kid living rural, and I kinda like it.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Took the grand-nieces out to the farm....
I think everyone remembers their first tractor!!!

In low gear, they can't get too far that I can not catch them. I've put 12 year olds behind the wheels for them to drive around.

For work, I usually let the better summer workers run 100+ hp; 6 to 8 wheel tractors. Snapping photos for their dads, with them sitting behind the wheel (making sure they have the correct model number of the tractor...)

Shoot some of our Grad students are happy to get to drive our smaller tractors... There's just something about driving a tractor!!!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

View attachment 52509
My 12 yr old granddaughter is pressuring me about driving my new LX2610SU. I've let her drive the little orange one (Husqvarna) which also has hydrostatic drive, and she did OK, but I can walk as fast as it goes. Just not sure what I can do to suicide the big orange one if it's too much for her. It is cool to teach the young ones, though, and now I know how my step-father's dad felt the first time he let me drive the Cub Farmall, and then the 8N, and finally, the Jeep. My mother had no idea I was driving anything for nearly 2 years. Maybe I'm just not as ready for her to grow up as she is to do it anyway.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My 12 yr old granddaughter is pressuring me about driving my new LX2610SU. I've let her drive the little orange one (Husqvarna) which also has hydrostatic drive, and she did OK, but I can walk as fast as it goes. Just not sure what I can do to suicide the big orange one if it's too much for her. It is cool to teach the young ones, though, and now I know how my step-father's dad felt the first time he let me drive the Cub Farmall, and then the 8N, and finally, the Jeep. My mother had no idea I was driving anything for nearly 2 years. Maybe I'm just not as ready for her to grow up as she is to do it anyway.
Keep them young as long as you can, the world tries to make kids grow up to quick.

Yet, when she is ready, be the guiding loving hand that so many kids now days lack. I was EXTERMELY lucky, I had two great-grandfathers and two grandpas when I was young. All the way into 30s, I still had a grandpa with me. My grandfathers shared so much with me and I have such wonderful memories from them. The older I have gotten the more I appreciate and miss each one of them. I'm blessed to still have my father and as you have seen from multiple post we get to spend just about every weekend together working on the farm. You may never know how much of an influence you have on that young girls life, but take it from me, grandpas are awesome and make a HUGE difference in each grandchild's life.