What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Used my B7100hst to pull a Dew Drop Drill (no till grain drill) made by Little Sioux Prairie Company to plant a small (less then a acre) area behind the house with native grasses and forbes (wildflowers).
Thanks to US Fish and Wildlife and my local Pheasents Forever chapter.

Attachments

Last edited:

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Again no pics, but we put away the old wood canvas canoe in the shop attic.
Strapped the old tub to the loader bucket and lifted it to the back shed roof.
My wife and I muscled the boat off the bucket and into the attic through the double doors I wisely installed when I built the shop 19 years ago

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Yep, put the blower on a couple days ago through it might be enough to hold back winter for a bit but she's all white out there this morning.:eek::rolleyes:

Juiced06GTO

Equipment
2016 B2601
Nov 26, 2014
Sutton, MA
I fabricated mounts to mount the kubota bagger on the backhoe bracket of my B2601. I figure if those brackets hold the backhoe on they should handle the bagger no problem lol!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Tearing stuff apart, changing gear box oil, lubricating, servicing, etc. Chain seems tight and good.

Nothing worse than having to tinker with a blower in January.....

PS - someone was asking about shoe wear last week.

My shoes are different and I’ve modified them further twice, but these are my UHMW liners after a season. Scarcely a Knick. That’s tough stuff. Thought I ripped them off couple times for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KUBOTA CUMMINS

Equipment
Tiller, box scrape, Bush hog, grapple
Nov 4, 2019
Jackson, Ga, Butts
I added 3 led work lights to my L3901. I bought it to use around the property and in the 3 weeks I've had it I'm at 30hrs. Mostly on jobs for other people, great way to pay for it.

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Got the BX ready for its first winter. Installed rear tire chains, Edge Tamers on the loader bucket, nifty amber hazard light on the ROPS, and make-shift PVC skid-shoes on my 40" back-blade.

Back blade may be too small, but I had it in the garage, leftover from when I had a Craftsman garden tractor - figured it was worth a shot before shelling out cash on something larger.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Took the loader off the open station M9 and got it ready to go to my dealer. They prefer a tractor without the loader on, makes servicing it easier. Taking the loader of an M9 is always a job. Big loader on a big tractor and I can see I need to machine some new pins for the loader. Upper's are real sloppy.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Tearing stuff apart, changing gear box oil, lubricating, servicing, etc. Chain seems tight and good.

Nothing worse than having to tinker with a blower in January.....

PS - someone was asking about shoe wear last week.

My shoes are different and I’ve modified them further twice, but these are my UHMW liners after a season. Scarcely a Knick. That’s tough stuff. Thought I ripped them off couple times for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta like it when a plan comes together. I wasn't quite as lucky however that was only round one however I used angle iron and attached to the sides where the factory shoes are attached. I'm going to check the thickness of the metal on my blower in the same spot where your shoes are attached and if the metal looks like it's heavy enough I'll make up a set similar to your and go round 2. Thanks for keeping us up to date, much appreciated.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
however I used angle iron and attached to the sides where the factory shoes are attached.
bear - -

I had a JD blower with the shoes mounted outboard and loved them; sounds like where yours are currently.

My first complaint with the Kubota blower was those inboard shoes. I don't like them there, or the shoes themselves. That's why I've modded them a couple times. I guess my next mod would be to move them outboard, but so far so good.

Really, the shoes and their location are my only complaints about the K blower. Love it otherwise.

I would definitely keep them outboard if possible, and maybe try a different liner, like a harder steel? Your blower is so much larger than my little guy...

That said, UHMW is damn near bulletproof....freeze it before you saw it.....it is pretty slick/smooth going over the snow, and even gravel and my patio pavers... Backed up a couple times when they were buried in stone without lifting the blower; thought sure I ripped them off, but they were still there. Mine are only 1/2", and the countersink of the bolt heads doesn't leave much....

For your size, I'd definitely go 3/4 or 1"..countersink bolt heads about half of it.

I will gladly help you design something different if you need it!:D

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
bear - -

I had a JD blower with the shoes mounted outboard and loved them; sounds like where yours are currently.

My first complaint with the Kubota blower was those inboard shoes. I don't like them there, or the shoes themselves. That's why I've modded them a couple times. I guess my next mod would be to move them outboard, but so far so good.

Really, the shoes and their location are my only complaints about the K blower. Love it otherwise.

I would definitely keep them outboard if possible, and maybe try a different liner, like a harder steel? Your blower is so much larger than my little guy...

That said, UHMW is damn near bulletproof....freeze it before you saw it.....it is pretty slick/smooth going over the snow, and even gravel and my patio pavers... Backed up a couple times when they were buried in stone without lifting the blower; thought sure I ripped them off, but they were still there. Mine are only 1/2", and the countersink of the bolt heads doesn't leave much....

For your size, I'd definitely go 3/4 or 1"..countersink bolt heads about half of it.

I will gladly help you design something different if you need it!:D
I just checked the ones I made up and they are 19" long with 3/4" UHMW and I did countersink them but they did not last. The problem is that blower is just too dang heavy. I may give it one more try only double the width of the angle with some flat stock welded to the bottom giving me 5 inches to the inside and the same on the outside. If that doesn't work I'll strap a set of pontoons to the sides of er.:rolleyes:

King Lars Kubota

Equipment
Kubota L4060 ROPS, LA805 loader, BH92 backhoe, back blade, EA Wicked grapple
Apr 21, 2019
Rogers City, Michigan
I didn't really do this "today" it was actually done over the last 6 months or so. All the site clearing and ground prep work was done with the Kubota and my back, lol. Including setting grade for the building site itself. With the only exception being the sand bank along the two track. I had a dozer come in to cut it down because of time constraints. And I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with this tractor!

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Also moved/loaded this engine. It's a 7hp industrial B&S cast iron bore engine that a neighbor gave me. A few years ago, he bought a used (2hrs of use) snowblower. He tested it & it ran fine. He brought it home and could never start it again, so he just bought a new Honda engine for the blower. He was about to throw this one away, so I grabbed it. Not sure what's wrong, but the price was right, & I will check it out when I get time. Stay tuned.

Attachments