What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Dad and I went out and worked on digging a fire pit to burn some brush. I forgot to take a picture of the completed work, but the dirt pile is about three times bigger than the one in the pictures.

Attachments

Gillie Dog

Equipment
L2501 HST, FEL, Forks Attachment, Harrow Disc, etc.
Dec 12, 2018
Southern California
Mowing tall, 3 to 4 feet, grass with rotary cutter punched a hole in filled rear tire. Nice little gouge in face of tire between cleats and a little spout of water coming out about the size of a pencil lead.:(:(:(

Probably a sharp stick of some sort................:eek:

GD

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Moving brush from my logging roads with the grapple and a stick jammed up between the front wheel and the hood.
I was able to remove the stick, but when I restarted the engine, it revved up to 1500 rpms and would not go down to idle.
Since I was in thick woods, I decided to drive it out.
I made it to the edge of the woods when it quit.
I got a better look at the engine and saw that the stick had broken the inlet tube on the lift pump:eek:
Needless to say, I left the tractor where it was and walked home.
I will be replacing the pump when I determine which of the 3 choices available[based on tractor s/n] will work.
In the meantime, I used the West system epoxy on the broken tube to see if that will hold long enough to get the M home.
Sheesh, I am seriously considering some kind of side cover for the areas of the engine that are exposed to prevent this in the future.
I also want to fab up skid plates for the underside since I had a close call with another stick in that area the other day.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Got the kubota cleaned up today, only cost me two happy meals! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Got the kubota cleaned up today, only cost me two happy meals! Lol

That there is awesome...just awesome!

My boys are old enough now to use the backhoe with precision...saved me many hours digging trench myself...

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
That there is awesome...just awesome!

My boys are old enough now to use the backhoe with precision...saved me many hours digging trench myself...
My boy is 4 and is pretty efficient with the loader, just getting into the backhoe as we have only had it just over a month. Once he can reach the clutch I’ll be worried, he knows how to use everything on the tractor mowing including how to start it. So glad my zero turn doesn’t have keys because he can drive that too. Both my kids are into figuring out how everything works and I let them do as much as they can safely do.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
My boy is 4 and is pretty efficient with the loader, Both my kids are into figuring out how everything works and I let them do as much as they can safely do.
Good for you and them. Any skill the youngsters can learn that doesn't involve video games is a plus. We need young people to learn the real world, not the fantasy so many think is real.
You're a good dad.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Good for you and them. Any skill the youngsters can learn that doesn't involve video games is a plus. We need young people to learn the real world, not the fantasy so many think is real.
You're a good dad.
Thank you sir. No video games here. I wasn’t raised that way and my kids won’t be either. Both my kids want to be involved with everything that me and my wife do, they are little workers! My son cooks more then my wife does lol.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Fordtech86, teaching those youngsters the joy of working at such a young age will put them in a class by themselves later in life. Keep up the good work!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thank you! And I just realized I messed up with the pics and didn’t post their final product.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
After adding a canopy last weekend, I lost the space for my ROPS mounted LED bar. So I made a mount to add a slimmer one (1" tall) to the front of the canopy.

Yoder409

Equipment
BX1850, B2630, L2350, MX5000, M6800
Jun 9, 2019
Swellview
Today I replaced the front tire on my BX1850........the one the sidewall blew out of last week when I grabbed up a bucket of 2B limestone. Both original, OEM front tires blew.sidewalls within 3 1/2 months of one another.

After the tire was changed, I finished filling in the 2B around our newly installed Generac unit. Then did some more backfilling next to the addition to the house.

My older son came and got HIS very first Kubota today !! I am selling him my late father-in-law's L2350 with loader, hoe and a 5' Woods brush hog. The battery is pretty well shot. So he jumped it off the M6800. It was just an Orange kinda day.......

Frostbitten

Equipment
2019 BX2380
Jul 19, 2012
Grand Haven, Mi USA
did the 50 hour service on my bx2380

Used kubota filters for hydro and engine oil

used super UDT for hydro and Schaeffer 9000 5w40 for the engine oil

man, that stuff made the kubota run so much smoother and quieter!

my go - to oil for sure!

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Moved some pea gravel. Also attached my forks and IBC tote/man lift cage and lifted the kids up into the apple tree to pick some apples.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
did the 50 hour service on my bx2380

Used kubota filters for hydro and engine oil

used super UDT for hydro and Schaeffer 9000 5w40 for the engine oil

man, that stuff made the kubota run so much smoother and quieter!

my go - to oil for sure!
Is there someplace you can go to get a complete list of whats needed to do this 50 hour service myself? I know what processes I need to do via manual but cant find a parts list. I suppose my dealer will offer that but I'm sure they want me to pay them to do it, too. Anyone offer the complete kits that are reputable?