What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Added some more trials motorcycle obstacles.
What, no 9ft vertical walls?:p
I used to love to ride trials, but never had that special talent to really excel at it.
Your 2nd pic, 2nd post looks like me.
Sure looks fun. Gas Gas?

markbxr400

Equipment
L3901, LA525, RC1860, SCR0660, BB1260
May 19, 2018
Magnolia Springs, aL
What, no 9ft vertical walls?:p
I used to love to ride trials, but never had that special talent to really excel at it.
Your 2nd pic, 2nd post looks like me.
Sure looks fun. Gas Gas?
I'm a 59 year old kid, normally riding single track on big dirt bikes (Husky FE501) and backroads/forest roads on an adventure bikes (Yamaha Super Tenere). Had always wanted to ride more technical stuff at a speed that I might not kill myself when I go down. It's a Beta EVO 300 4T, and a lot of fun.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Actually my wife did it! We've had the tractor for about 4 weeks now and it's the first tractor experience for both of us. She drives it to and from the garage all the time. Today she did that and also operated the loader controls, with hand signals from me! We're both loving the tractor. One of the two buckets of firewood that we loaded and moved from where it was cut to the fire pit area.

Attachments

Last edited:

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Replaced the axle seals on my BX25D and the pivot o-rings...found the a 2" PVC coupler makes a perfect press to seat the two pieces. And replacing the o-rings was so easy and cheap I'm going to do it every time I retorque the bolt.

Last edited by a moderator:

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Trailered my BX into town...land leveled my friend's side yard while he got two loads of gravel...10 tons/6 yards total... from the quarry with my truck and dump trailer.

It was a fight. Had the tire on the failed rim transfered to the new one I ordered with a new tube fail in under 5 minutes on the BX. Then the trailer brakes didn't work... found heavy corrosion on the connector pins...steel wool and dielectric grease. Then we had a slow leak in one of the dump trailer tires...farm jack and put on the spare...shout out to discount tire for just outright replacing the bad one for free. Then the relay blew on the dump trailer hydraulics. Would click and not connect the high amperage side. Grabbed my jumper cables and bypassed the relay...made operating the trailer a little more work...ordered a 200a continuous relay from Amazon. It was amazing how better the trailer lifted bypassing the relay... original one was probably cheap junk.

New axle seals are perfect and the pivot is weeping slightly...much less than before...man I wish they had just made the pivot a grease fitting.

Getting down the remove backhoe install three point drill...can do it in under 15m...I guess afterb1300 hrs of practice I would hope I would be better.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Trailered my BX into town...land leveled my friend's side yard while he got two loads of gravel...10 tons/6 yards total... from the quarry with my truck and dump trailer.

It was a fight. Had the tire on the failed rim transfered to the new one I ordered with a new tube fail in under 5 minutes on the BX. Then the trailer brakes didn't work... found heavy corrosion on the connector pins...steel wool and dielectric grease. Then we had a slow leak in one of the dump trailer tires...farm jack and put on the spare...shout out to discount tire for just outright replacing the bad one for free. Then the relay blew on the dump trailer hydraulics. Would click and not connect the high amperage side. Grabbed my jumper cables and bypassed the relay...made operating the trailer a little more work...ordered a 200a continuous relay from Amazon. It was amazing how better the trailer lifted bypassing the relay... original one was probably cheap junk.

New axle seals are perfect and the pivot is weeping slightly...much less than before...man I wish they had just made the pivot a grease fitting.

Getting down the remove backhoe install three point drill...can do it in under 15m...I guess afterb1300 hrs of practice I would hope I would be better.
Nice job but it sounds like have Donnie luck...I could fall into a barrel of titties and come out sucking my own thumb. :D

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Got a few threaded holes cleaned up. And yes I used metric bolts. Some of them are going to need more cleaning before I can chase the threads. Probably use a bore brush in my drill. Anyone know how to keep penetrating oil in a upside down hole?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"Anyone know how to keep penetrating oil in a upside down hole?"

Man, that's easy. Turn the hole right side up!:D:D

Why not just smear a little grease in the hole before you start and use some oil on the tap. The combination should reduce resistance enough.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
"Anyone know how to keep penetrating oil in a upside down hole?"

Man, that's easy. Turn the hole right side up!:D:D
I knew I was missing the obvious answer

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Finished another 330' roll of 46" woven wire fence. That finishes the 1062' southern stretch. Now on to the 445' east end...3466' total...done about 2800' feet of that in the last year or so...

Took a break and helped my friend Bob...he got a free 5' King Kutter brush hog from his neighbor...then promptly found a rock or stump and bent the crap out of the stump bump... actually looks like it's been worked on a few times in the last 30 years or so...we heated the crap out of it with a torch and tried using the backhoe to push it down...picked the whole back of the tractor up and it didn't budge. Decided to get a 20 ton press from harbor freight...had their 20 percent off one item coupon...and I needed one the other day installing the new axle seals...and I need to do the bearings on my motorcycle...took 30 minutes to put the press together and less than 5 minutes to bend the cold stump bump back to flat...and as expected the top bar of the press bent up a tenth of an inch or so.

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
And the fun didn't stop...father in law came in and said he thought there was something seriously wrong with the tractor... wasn't quite that bad...but the valve stem failed on the back rear and sprayed the entire side of the garage and the floor with lovely smelling beet juice...so that's two front tire flats, two axel seals, one rim failure and now this...sigh...at least this is an easy enough fix...

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Must be the day for it. After I grenaded the gearbox on one of my mowers, I was unhooking it and getting ready to hook up to a different one when I noticed the tractor was sitting kinda funny.

"Odd," sez I, "I don't remember there being a hole here."

There wasn't. Ditch-side rear was going flat. Can't find anything stuck in it, can hear air leaking around the valve stem. Assume I must have snagged it on something.

Pulled it off, loaded it in the truck with my engine crane and took it to my tire guy. I ain't messing with no loaded tractor tires!