What a difference a day makes

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
We took the dog (Moe) for a walk Saturday, beautiful day, been a great winter but then things changed. o_O:mad: Just after 12am that night wife wakes me up, no power. Woke up to a foot of wet snow or so So around 7am I get the tractor and head out, too many trees down so head back and throw 2 chainsaws in the bike, all good right, wrong. Tried to start the first saw and the cord breaks so on to the next one that ran but not good, just enough to clear the road ignorer to get the tractor through. Hop back in the tractor and get 3/4's of the way out and the tractor goes into regin. Not a problem as the rpm's were high for the blower and shortly after it throws the P2414 code. On the bright side I managed to finish clearing the road and both saws are fixed this morning now off to cut some more trees

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
That sucks all around. Somedays, it just doesn’t pay to try to get anything done because everything breaks down.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Now that is a quick change in scenery! Glad you got it covered.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
WOW! We dodged the bullet here, looks like you were the target!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I was feeling kind of ill about how my last couple of days went. After reading that, I feel better now. Thanks! 🙂

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
That sucks all around. Somedays, it just doesn’t pay to try to get anything done because everything breaks down.
Man ain't that the truth. Some days I go to the garage and things good so smooth I try and get as much as I can done, other days, well it's better left alone.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Morning brother,, man when it goes sideways it does with a vengeance dont it.. I have no doubt you will get it all worked out,, you pups are good for gettin things done ;)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Morning brother,, man when it goes sideways it does with a vengeance dont it.. I have no doubt you will get it all worked out,, you pups are good for gettin things done ;)
Mornin' my friend, yep we went from zero to sixty real quick but still can't complain. I guess sometimes we need bad days to make make us appreciate the good ones more.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Bearbait, I thought I remembered reading on one of the forums that some of the L3560 models had been recalled to replace the EGR valve/upgrade with a kit. I think they came out with a kit or something to keep the valve from getting overheated and throwing the code.

Then again, it is early in the morning and I haven't had much caffeine, so I may of just dreamt the whole thing.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Bearbait, I thought I remembered reading on one of the forums that some of the L3560 models had been recalled to replace the EGR valve/upgrade with a kit. I think they came out with a kit or something to keep the valve from getting overheated and throwing the code.

Then again, it is early in the morning and I haven't had much caffeine, so I may of just dreamt the whole thing.
Nope it wasn't a dream, they did and mine was done a while back. I'm gonna give the dealer a call right now to see what they say then I'll report back.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Nope it wasn't a dream, they did and mine was done a while back. I'm gonna give the dealer a call right now to see what they say then I'll report back.
Just got off the phone with them and they said the EGR is sticking and if I want to replace it I'mm in for a little over a grand. They also said that the next time it goes into a regin to stop working with it and let it finish doing the regin before I finish blowing snow and see if it throws the code again...fingers crossed. Yes I always stutter when someone tells me it's gonna cost me over a grand. :)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just got off the phone with them and they said the EGR is sticking and if I want to replace it I'mm in for a little over a grand. They also said that the next time it goes into a regin to stop working with it and let it finish doing the regin before I finish blowing snow and see if it throws the code again...fingers crossed. Yes I always stutter when someone tells me it's gonna cost me over a grand. :)
Wow, a grand. I looked up the valve and seen it was almost $900.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Wow, a grand. I looked up the valve and seen it was almost $900.
Yea but I live in Canada where we pay double for just about everything. :( I'm just looking up cleaning the EGR and I came across a product called X Foam Technology so I may give that a try first.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Looks like an interesting alternative. I will be curious to see how well it works.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I had my valve replaced on the recall probably the first year I had the tractor. Never had any problems. The dealer came, picked up the tractor, replaced the valve and returned the tractor. That's because it was a re-call.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Wow gonna be following this thread for sure. Good luck.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Have you looked to see how hard it would be to get the EGR out to clean it? I have not. (although I could try the wsm).

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Have you looked to see how hard it would be to get the EGR out to clean it? I have not. (although I could try the wsm).
To remove and EGR valve they usually require a special tool to do it. It's not difficult though.

Dealers actually don't remove an EGR to clean them. At least I haven't come across one that does.

I can't speak to the Kubota's, but I would assume that they clean them the same way Deere does.

Back when I had full access to the deere software I would run the engine up to operating temperature. Then clicked on the "EGR Clean" tab in the tests and functions menu.

It would cycle the EGR valve through it's full range of motion.

I would do that up to 30ish times 😁😁😁 If the unit was still throwing an EGR code after that then I would swap it out and calibrate the new one.

Honestly though, if your using your tractor the way it's supposed to, you will get many years out of an EGR valve without issue.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I haven't had a chance to have a look at it yet, probably today. Is there any place I could download the wsm for the 3560 that you know of?