Ukraine

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Maybe with all the military's units, equipment and supplies that Putin / Russia is needlessly and stupidly wasting on this absurd war act, someone with a cap gun will be able to walk in and take over Russia!

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Maybe with all the military's units, equipment and supplies that Putin / Russia is needlessly and stupidly wasting on this absurd war act, someone with a cap gun will be able to walk in and take over Russia!
Cap gun? You might be showing your age...if you are referring to what I remember when I was young! :LOL:

I can't remember the last time I saw a roll of caps...I do remember carefully cutting the caps from the roll though, to make a more explosive device. Just a thing we did as kids...LOL....but true...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Cap gun? You might be showing your age...if you are referring to what I remember when I was young! :LOL:

I can't remember the last time I saw a roll of caps...I do remember carefully cutting the caps from the roll though, to make a more explosive device. Just a thing we did as kids...LOL....but true...
Oh yea we played high tech Cowboy bandit and sheriff, nobody wanted to be an Indian in a Cowboys and Indians fight.
We did it on real horses with cap guns.

Just to note: DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT;
1: Do not shoot your cap gun off, while on or near a horse that is not Ear muffed and trained to not over react to the shot.
2: Do not shoot your sisters horse and make it throw her off, As she'll get really mad at you!
3: Do not ride a horse without properly attaching the saddle, or at least being well prepared to end up on the ground!
4: And finally, Do not do a Hi HO Silver maneuver in a low ceiling barn! If your train your horse is trained to do such things!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya mean you have to tighten the belly synch ,,, now you tell me,,, I had a half Arab mare that would swell up when you saddled her so yeah we are good and then the thing would slip all over the place when she exhaled. HIHO Silver in a low barn,,, now thats funny

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Ya mean you have to tighten the belly synch ,,, now you tell me,,, I had a half Arab mare that would swell up when you saddled her so yeah we are good and then the thing would slip all over the place when she exhaled. HIHO Silver in a low barn,,, now thats funny
So this is the reason I ended up on the ground when I was younger., could have sworn I had that saddle tightened correctly. Again a big Mare.. she was a sweetheart or so I thought!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Other night I caught a glimpse of Ukrainian farmers stepping up in a news clip. One was hauling refugees in something about the size of a spreader with a compact tractor, and another had a horse hitched to something like a buckboard or hay wagon with another dozen or so old folks.

I'm thinking with mud season coming soon, maybe the farmers could create or locate some tank traps....block the paved roads and funnel those convoys into something nice and swampy....

Reactions: 1 users

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Other night I caught a glimpse of Ukrainian farmers stepping up in a news clip. One was hauling refugees in something about the size of a spreader with a compact tractor, and another had a horse hitched to something like a buckboard or hay wagon with another dozen or so old folks.

I'm thinking with mud season coming soon, maybe the farmers could create or locate some tank traps....block the paved roads and funnel those convoys into something nice and swampy....
That could make for some good hunting for the home team....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Muddy off road trips are exactly what some of Russia troops are stalled!
I seen pic's of quite a few stuck vehicles.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's amazes me the level of inadequacies that Russia has shown in this war.
Thankfully for those failings, as it's giving Ukraine a fighting chance!

A lot of military analysts are saying that the once mighty Russian army, is now looking, well not so mighty.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I was reading an article that calls into question Russia's nuclear readiness. As you pointed out, the invasion has gone so poorly that some wonder if Russia's nuclear ability has been that greatly compromised?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was reading an article that calls into question Russia's nuclear readiness. As you pointed out, the invasion has gone so poorly that some wonder if Russia's nuclear ability has been that greatly compromised?
Really would be nice to hope for that, the bad issue is I really don't want to see anyone test it.

They are saying that other smart weapon systems are failing at an exponential rate, hence why they are reverting to "dumb bombs".

I would love to see the tide turn for Ukraine, and for Russia to start getting pushed back to where they came from.

If Ukraine can push them back, I also think it would be a good time for them to get back Crimea and any other area that Russia chose to take.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Really would be nice to hope for that, the bad issue is I really don't want to see anyone test it.

They are saying that other smart weapon systems are failing at an exponential rate, hence why they are reverting to "dumb bombs".

I would love to see the tide turn for Ukraine, and for Russia to start getting pushed back to where they came from.

If Ukraine can push them back, I also think it would be a good time for them to get back Crimea and any other area that Russia chose to take.
The rumors I've heard (note these are just rumors) is that Russian smart weapons use US GPS to find their targets. So when the US blocked Russia's ability to use the US GPS Satellites their smart weapons no longer have the ability to track.

Also although it would be nice if Russia's nuclear capabilities are much lower than suspected that also leaves a bunch of under maintained nuclear weapons scattered throughout the country. Kinda scary from that standpoint too. Hopefully safety measures for those weapons at the very least have escaped the corruption (but more likely scenario is those were the first ones hit).

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
So this is the reason I ended up on the ground when I was younger., could have sworn I had that saddle tightened correctly. Again a big Mare.. she was a sweetheart or so I thought!
A knee to the horse’s gut before you tighten the cinch works wonders.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The rumors I've heard (note these are just rumors) is that Russian smart weapons use US GPS to find their targets.
If this were true, I would be totally amazed....so it must be fake news...which we must all be wary of believing....

Sort of like the US using Russian technology to target US weapons? Time to get real here.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
If this were true, I would be totally amazed....so it must be fake news...which we must all be wary of believing....

Sort of like the US using Russian technology to target US weapons? Time to get real here.
like I said they are rumors. However, based on the accuracy of their current "smart" weapons it wouldn't be that surprising either

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
We could be next....maybe Putin is regretting the sale of Alaska and will want to take it back. Remember Sarah Palin saying I can see Russia from my backyard? Too close for comfort.