Tow Vehicle?? What do you tow your Kubota with??

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
My tow vehicle, 1997 Ford F150 4.2 V6, 4R70W Trans with extra cooler,3.70 locker rear axle. Mods to truck include Flowmaster SIDO exaust and Harland Sharpe 1.8 Roller Rockers, Equipment is loaded on a Big Tex 14" x 6" trailer, It's basic and not flashy but it runs well and does the job very well and best part is it is paid for.

Last edited:

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Here is my tow vehicle. Have a number of trailers. 2005 Super Duty. It has the 6.0 Powerstroke. Unlike a lot of folks I guess, I have 111k with no problems at all. Straight exhaust, SCT tuner, bigger intake, and soon head studs just in case. It has pulled hard all of it's life. Everything from a fifth wheel to goose necks, and a large tandem on the hitch.

Now that's a nice rig. :D I wanted a long box and the combination of everything on my wish list was pretty much impossible to get in this area so I happened into my F-250 at just the right time.

As it turns out I may just be able to get an F-150 as a backup and for my son (Soon to be older son) to drive when, and if, he can get his license this year.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I wanted a long box and the combination of everything on my wish list was pretty much impossible to get in this area
Around here it is getting more difficult to find trucks with an 8' bed, Most everything is super cabs or crew cabs with the shorter beds, I wanted an 8' bed and I did not need an extended cab as we have a Mercury Mariner for times when we need to hold more than the 2 of us or for runs to the grocery store, If we only had one vehicle then we would need to have the super cab or crew cab but since we have 2 vehicles the standard cab long bed suits me just fine, I would have liked a diesel but gas is fine, I hear a lot of complaints about the 4.2 V6 but I have had no major problems with this one, When I bought the truck(used) it had a miss and sounded bad was real noisy in the top end, I bought it cheap and was going to put an engine in it, Turns out a push rod had punched a hole in a rocker arm , I priced a new set from Ford and for the same price I got a set of Harland Sharpe 1.8 ratio Roller Rockers, I put them on 4 years ago and have not had a minutes trouble since, Runs quiet,smooth and strong nearing the 200K mile mark, Fuel consumption is 17-18 city and 21-22 highway and the V6 has plenty of bottom end to pull my trailer with whatever equipment I happen to have on it be it either one of my tractors or any of my equipment or a load of wood or hay.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
So I throw also in a picture of my car:

It is from 2000 and has a 4.0L/242cid engine. It's first job in life was at the Military Police at a US base somewhere in Germany. You do not see so much of these cars in Germany. Maybe it's because the fuel is at 1.60 Euro per Liter, which is $8,65 per gal. It needs 16L/100km, 14.7mi/gal. For $10 you get 17miles only!! :confused: You should not think about it otherwise no fun to ride... :(

I always say, it is only half. Because I am half the year on a business-trip... :cool:

carl

Last edited:

CAT97

Equipment
B3200,loader bucket, scraper with ripper tines, rotovator, brushhog mower
May 25, 2011
Fort Bragg, Ca
97 F-350 with 7.3 Powerstroke DI E40D tranny, AFE stage 2 cold air intake and AL's spray in bed liner. Tow the Kubota B3200 on a Tilt bed trailer and also a 24' travel trailer. :D

SuperCharged

Equipment
1977 B6100D w/ K-48 mower, Woods Mower, Snowcaster
Jun 2, 2011
United States
2007 Nissan Murano. Never thought I'd tow with it, but then I never thought I'd be lucky enough to own a Kubota! Trailer is a 4x8' I got from 300ZX.

This is the first time I loaded it up. My 7 yr old was pretty excited to wrap the excess strap around and through the tractor. I only hauled it 5 or so miles to a friends house to mow his yard. His JD is down and I am fixing it for him. That's a conflict of interest, by the way....mow his yard with my Kubota or fix his JD? Hmmmm......

Attachments

Last edited:

cmorningstar01

Equipment
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I reported this poster this morning as spam, It may just be coincidence but emails have been sent to individuals that appear as though they are coming from my email address, They are spam emails with a link to some site on Google or Yahoo, I have not followed the link because I do not want a virus but I am thinking this poster may have harvested my email address from this group.

TxHand

Equipment
L2350 4x4 400 loader, brush hog, tiller
Aug 13, 2011
Tenaha,Texas
I tow with a Black 4 door,long wheel base, 4X4, 2003 Dodge 3/4 ton Cummins diesel with 4.10 gears,16ft lowboy trailer, and a 20ft all metal dozer trailer with dovetail.Don't guess I've got a picture of my ol' truck. Just might have to take one.
My wife and I have 2 jeeps to run around in, hers a 2010 2 door, mine a 2011 wrangler unlimited 4 door.
Ol Blackie just used for towing tractors, and my boats.

Last edited:

mikesl3940

Equipment
L3940, SkidSteer, Third Function, Grapple Bucket, Loader, Boxblade, Shreader
Jul 15, 2011
Austin, TX
I own a Kubota L3940 with a grapple bucket and skid steer quick attack and use a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Long bed with the 6.6L Duramax Diesel and Alison 6 Speed transmission to tow with, It is amazing!

The trailer is a Maxey 16 foot dump trailer which holds the tractor, loader bucket, box blade and even shredder if I don’t mind sticking out the back.

The dump trailer has brakes on both axles so it is easy to get the rig stopped in a hurry as well.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
My dad had a similar dump trailer of the same size and it was kinda useless as far as actually dumping and geting all the material out of the bed. With the bed length being 16 foot and having that much bed past the axles there was not much of a tilt back angle for the bed to raise fully up and get the material out completely.

mikesl3940

Equipment
L3940, SkidSteer, Third Function, Grapple Bucket, Loader, Boxblade, Shreader
Jul 15, 2011
Austin, TX
I did a lot of research before I purchased. This one by Maxey is truly amazing. With the 2’ sides it is very hard to overload the lift capacity. The only time I was slowed down was with a full load of gravel that I was caught in a large rainstorm (back when I used to rain). I had to let the water drain out the bottom awhile then it lifted fine. The four wheel brakes and heaver gooseneck I-beams make it dream to drive and stop with.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
mikesl3940, nice truck! :D

I have the LBZ Dmax with the 6sp Allison DRW and love it too. My Kubota is absolutely no challenge for my truck but I got the truck to tow bigger boats.