The new Grand L 5740 is home!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WOW thats neat I want to see what new and exciting stuff you got planed for this bad girl,, congrads,, Oh by the way,,, can I have your old one????

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
WOW thats neat I want to see what new and exciting stuff you got planed for this bad girl,, congrads,, Oh by the way,,, can I have your old one????
Well I've started the change over from the old tractor to the new. New top led Whelen mini justice emergency light. This light is amazing while looking good as well. New custom lettering has been added to the tractor. The reverse camera, volt gauge and the ambient air temp gauge is back in the machine.
This weekend I redid the exhaust. It was time to dump the stupid downward pointing exhaust so I fabricated a special adapter and mounted a 3" stack on the machine and it's done in such a way you can still open the hood and remove the lower inspection panel to do any maintenance and to be honest it wasn't very easy to do but I got"r" done :D

I still have some other "custom" ideas that I'll be starting on later today. I also did a cool one on the rear blower I'll show later on so stay tuned ;).

As for the old tractor. Man that would be of no use to you. Sure it had a whopping 200 hours on it lol. Actually I delivered it to my buddies house last week. He's only using it for his snow clearing as well. I had the two tractors side by side and no one could tell which one was the new one lol.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya gave it to your buddy huh?? Well at least its close to home and you can check on it once in a while,, you know just to make sure he's taking care of baby,,,lol,, Ya know I had to ask,,it never hurts to ask,, I mean you might have felt sorry for me,,,;),, well I know this is going to be a real trip again, because I just KNOW you got a few new tricks planed for this gal
Peace my friend

Wildfire

Equipment
Ya gave it to your buddy huh?? Well at least its close to home and you can check on it once in a while,, you know just to make sure he's taking care of baby,,,lol,, Ya know I had to ask,,it never hurts to ask,, I mean you might have felt sorry for me,,,;),, well I know this is going to be a real trip again, because I just KNOW you got a few new tricks planed for this gal
Peace my friend
Well I never gave it to him :D He is the manager at the local ford dealership here in town. While I was in ordering the Mustang I mentioned that I had a new tractor ordered so he bought it through the Kubota dealer but it never left my driveway until I drove it to his place. he didn't even come to look at it :eek: He knows me pretty good and I'd never let him buy it with any issue big or small. Before I took it over to him I fueled it up, washed and waxed it:eek:

Ya I got a few things planed for this one. Just posted the exhaust mod I did and I'm now working on another small mod. Thanks for your comments. Really enjoy reading them. Stay well friend.

Here's the last pics of the 4240 as I was bring it to the new owner. :(

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...While I was in ordering the Mustang I mentioned that I had a new tractor ordered so he bought it ...
You changed the Kubota L4240 for the Ford Mustang??? ;)

That's a hard one: who has made the better deal? :D

carl

Wildfire

Equipment
Sooooo............. did you blow that little Pontiac away in 60 foot?????

LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey don't laugh. That tractor could do the 1/4 mile just under 1.4 hours :D. With the new 5740 Turbo I'm hoping to get it under the 1 hour mark ;). Oh and the Pontiac beat me. I think it was all in the reaction time. When that light went green he was gone. Hell I didn't even see where he went! :D

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
If it is any consolation for you I'm sure that Kubota could carry the Pontiac for a full 1/4 mile and I'm sure the opposite is NOT true. :D :D :D :D :D LOL

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Back in my tow trucking days when I used to run a wrecker I had the same senario at a stop light with a Mustang. I was clowning around and reving the rpm's of the rollback. Needless to say he had me off the line but honestly I wasnt far behind. At the next stop light I yelled out the window. "you might be the first one to the finish line, but I'll be the first one to pick up the wreck" He died laughing and drove off.