The new Grand L 5740 is home!

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
When can a grown man feel like a kid again? When his new tractor arrives. This will be the third Kubota in as many years from Newfoundland Kubota so It speaks volumes about the product and the dealer. Thanks to Todd and Darcy for another great purchase. Pictured is Todd who is one of the best sales representatives in Newfoundland.

As you can see I've started to change things over. The sound system I installed in the 4240 along with the Infinity speakers will be going back in the 5740 and the new stereo in the 5740 will go in the 4240. A friend of mine bought the 4240 through the dealer so I'm giving him the new ballast box and the new bucket. I like the mods I did on my bucket so he can have the new one. As you can see I've already made a few changes. The old top strobe light has been replaced with a Whelan Mini Justice LED light bar. This one has all the bells and whistles. I had to modify the pipe to accept the new light but I got'er done. New lettering has been added and the new tractor has been named :D Thanks again to Newfoundland Kubota for supplying an outstanding machine.

Last edited:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
They must love you there. I got mine back in 2008 and the fianancial advisor (aka my Lovely Wifey-Poo just in case she reads this) said you get one that better last you 20 years because thats how long its gonna take you to get another. And you got 3 in 3 years ;) I am sure glad I chose a Kubota. Your new toy opps tractor looks great.

Enjoy it. Already looking forward to the new mods I know you are going to make.

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Congratulations Wildfire. IN addition to a great collection of machines, you have a wonderful and understanding wife.

I'll bet you can hardly wait for the snow to start falling.

Do you have any plans for the "twins" during the summer or do they just get extra TLC & upgrades in the warm weather? It seems a shame they don't get to work in the dirt.

All the Best
KubotaBall

Wildfire

Equipment
Congrats on the new addition!
Looks good. Love the rear weights in the wheels ... great idea!

M.
Thank you my friend. I kinda like the weights as well. The dealer was good enough to install them for me as well.

They must love you there. I got mine back in 2008 and the fianancial advisor (aka my Lovely Wifey-Poo just in case she reads this) said you get one that better last you 20 years because thats how long its gonna take you to get another. And you got 3 in 3 years ;) I am sure glad I chose a Kubota. Your new toy opps tractor looks great.

Enjoy it. Already looking forward to the new mods I know you are going to make.
My wife is my banker and boss here at the shop but shes a good boss (had to say that just in case she reads this stuff) :D 2008 was the 4240 and 2009 was the Kubota Zero now the 5740. Got a few mods in mind and some older ones that was on the 4240 has to be reworked to fit the 5740 but they will happen. Thanks for posting :)

Congratulations Wildfire. IN addition to a great collection of machines, you have a wonderful and understanding wife.

I'll bet you can hardly wait for the snow to start falling.

Do you have any plans for the "twins" during the summer or do they just get extra TLC & upgrades in the warm weather? It seems a shame they don't get to work in the dirt.

All the Best
KubotaBall

Oh ya shes a great wife. Will be married to her 30 years on the 21st of this month. No twins though. The other tractor goes to my buddies today. She is sold. Lots of mods in mind for the new one though along with the blower. She's just sitting around looking pretty all summer but when winter comes she has to go to work ;) Don't say dirt! :eek::eek::eek: :D

digdug

Equipment
L5240HST, loader, 6'brushog, boxblade, 100gal spayer, 8' graindrill, and more.
Jun 29, 2010
Carthage, MO
Very nice! Can't wait to see your mods to the new 5740!

Wildfire

Equipment
Very nice! Can't wait to see your mods to the new 5740!
Thanks. I'll make sure the new mods will get posted ;)

Oh lord here we go again....
:D ya I know and I hate to put you through it but there's only two places I post this tractor stuff and this is one of them. It's like pulling teeth isn't it lol.

Its been an entertaining couple of days here at the shop with the two tractors. We've had people drop by who we've never seen before and look at them and come in the shop to ask if we will be getting any smaller ones in with BH's on them :confused: they thought we were a new dealer starting up lol

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
:
Its been an entertaining couple of days here at the shop with the two tractors. We've had people drop by who we've never seen before and look at them and come in the shop to ask if we will be getting any smaller ones in with BH's on them :confused: they thought we were a new dealer starting up lol
[/QUOTE]

Thats great! Get your dealer to drop a few compacts off and a sign with an agreement for commission!

that'll teach 'em

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
They both look identical is there any difference between the two? I figure the 5740 has a bit more engine horse power. Other then that they seem to be the same. Even the same model loader on them.

Wildfire

Equipment
Thats great! Get your dealer to drop a few compacts off and a sign with an agreement for commission!

that'll teach 'em
Gee if I asked them to do that they'd fill the place with product :eek: Don't want that happening. Hardly got enough room for my own customers.

They both look identical is there any difference between the two? I figure the 5740 has a bit more engine horse power. Other then that they seem to be the same. Even the same model loader on them.
Ya they look the same but that's where it ends. Inside the cab is much the same except for a few new changes. They put in a swivel seat, a new button for engaging the PTO and a new designed FEL lockout.
Outside the color is the same and the FEL is the same but that's where it ends. The 5740 is higher and longer. The hood is much thicker. The 3PT hitch is much heavier as well. Transmission has a much different look to it. The tractor is so different in so many ways I've had to go back to the drawing board and redesign some of the unique items I had on the 4240 such as the front storage box. It doesn't fit the new tractor. The reverse alarm has to be reworked do to the differance inthe transmission.
I already got the top lightbar modified and replaced the top cab strobe light with the new Whelen low profile Justice LED emergency light and installed.
Last night I re-installed my rain/snow sensing system which happens to be one of my favorite mods. I also installed an Aux fuse panel to accept the new items to be added to the machine. I added another 12 volt assessory outlet to the dash area and a few RAM mounts for the stereos remote and garage door opener.
While I was waiting on the tractor I made a cool mod to the snow blower that I'll show later on. I'm doing all of this in baby steps. I didn't realize all the items I added to the machine not including the new rear wheel weights. The machine is now 1030 lbs heavier than the old tractor.

Wildfire had to jump in that is one nice machine :D congrads. handy
Thank you my buddy. Not sure what I got in a tractor until the snow comes but I did push some dirt with it the other day and it's got plenty of HP compared to the old one.

Hydroman

Sep 7, 2010
South Central Nebraska
Wildfire,

Congratulations on the new addition. I'm so very happy for you and the Mrs. (your manager). :D :D :D

Now I just can't wait to see what all the new exciting bells and whistles will be. Please keep us posted as you've done in the past. :)

Hydroman

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire,

Congratulations on the new addition. I'm so very happy for you and the Mrs. (your manager). :D :D :D

Now I just can't wait to see what all the new exciting bells and whistles will be. Please keep us posted as you've done in the past. :)

Hydroman

Thank you sir. I didn't realize just how much stuff I had on the tractor til I started removing it. :eek: But the adding back on has started.

Well the 4240 is no more. Drove it to it's new owner last evening. Took about 40 minutes to get there but he sure is happy. It's gone to a good home anyway and it will be in a heated garage with about 6 classic cars.
Anyway got the Rain Tracker installed in the 5740 tonight. Glad to have that over with. Also installed an AUX fuse box for the things I plan on adding and installed an accessory outlet up by the instrument panel. Doing all the re-installs in baby steps.

Wildfire

Equipment
Here's the updated version of the top emergency light. I removed the top strobes and installed the new Whelen LED light with optional Alley lights. Had to modify the light bar as well. Seems I always have to take the long way around doing things :confused:

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire,

I find myself glued to my own site now that 'Season 2" of Specialty Repairs and Kubota Modifications has started!

I thought CBC's "Republic of Doyle" showcased talent from the rock, this is waaaay better!

It was a boring summer until now, Wildfire!

Nice light bar- a fantastic mod and clean addition!

So......... when can we expect to see the LED strobes and "take down lights" added to those new composite headlamps and tail lights?
Glad your enjoying it my friend. I'm to busy fixing up a new tractor to watch TV :D Glad you like the light bar. I needed to go a little more modern with the light and I'm happy with it.

Had to install the license plate but ran into a little snag. The holes on the mounting plate were to narrow and wouldn't fit the plate so I got some stainless flat bar and made an adapter. After it was done I had to cover it up with the slow moving sign :mad: what was Kubota thinking :confused: Guess I'll be putting the sign in a different location next :D

Thanks Vic for your kind words. Now onto the next mod.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WAIT WHAT!

Did you say D I R T?

Paul I thought that was a forbidden four letter word in your vocabulary!