The first b5100 Delorean

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Sorry iv been away for a while still extremely interested in the project please keep posting
More than 8 months since last post by OP.
Sure hope nothing bad has happened!

Reactions: 1 user

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
More than 8 months since last post by OP.
Sure hope nothing bad has happened!
Hi lads,
I'm still tipping away. Really getting close now. I've a few other project's ongoing so this little tractor gets put on the cavk boiler. I've fitted a few new parts... battery,heater plugs, ignition switch, oil pressure switch and finished the wiring. I'm not happy with how the dash looks with the bonnet so that will have to be changed but I'm going to use it for this season as is. I must make a set of wheels for running agri tyres. I priced buying new ones but too much $$$. I'll start posting pictures soon.

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
It was pretty good to begin with. Had to rebuild the rotor drive chain guard, few broken bolts and brackets but nearly all together now.. A few small pieces left
IMG_20240125_172312.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

huey

Equipment
b6200d
Sep 17, 2020
Lakeport michigan
It was pretty good to begin with. Had to rebuild the rotor drive chain guard, few broken bolts and brackets but nearly all together now.. A few small pieces left
View attachment 122015
Really nice job
View attachment 122015
Excellent job restoring that piece of equipment I have my father's tiller now and it's a howards as well but it's a three point attachment 4 foot wide.
20230602_114646.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
Really nice job

Excellent job restoring that piece of equipment I have my father's tiller now and it's a howards as well but it's a three point attachment 4 foot wide. View attachment 122025
That's a lovely clean machine and attachment. To be fair Howard made equipment to last a lifetime if minded. Switching to imperial threads was a real bummer for me as bolts in those threads are very awkward to come by here. Ended up making most of my own. The clutch nut was 9/16 UNEF. Extra fine unf...never knew it was even a thing before I started that mission

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Enjoying your rebuilding efforts. Be better than the original. The path is often more interesting than the destination.
local scrapyard is temporary collection place for several stainless steel commercial equipment manufacturers. Always interesting tidbits to incorporate into the farm repairs.

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
Enjoying your rebuilding efforts. Be better than the original. The path is often more interesting than the destination.
local scrapyard is temporary collection place for several stainless steel commercial equipment manufacturers. Always interesting tidbits to incorporate into the farm repairs.
I love a bit of skip surfing. Some of my greatest treasures I've found in a skip.

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
Primer and ready for Kubota orange tomorrow. Must order my agricultural tyres tonight. Total cost a few hours plus €40 got the Toyota rims.

IMG-20240212-WA0011.jpeg

• Love

johngwalsh

Equipment
B5100e
Apr 7, 2012
Munster,Ireland
That's the view of the dash and bonnet....not happy with it. I made the dash to the same shape as the original yrs back. I didn't have the original bonnet plus didn't/don't have the skill or equipment to fold the bonnet to the original shape so the bonnet stays and the dash will get pimped to fit snug under the bonnet in the future. But for now I've spuds to get planting so it will do until next winter.
1707765952523.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Incredible...

So many fabrication skills! A true artist!

Thank you for your post.