Supplies for 50 hours service. L3301HST

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Guys, I'll do my own service on my new tractor.
Can you recommend online avenues to get the filters and fluids needed that will still protect the warranty?
Or does it seem that parts from the dealer have comparable prices?
I plan on doing it by the book and documenting each one.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I have done all of the maintenance on my new B2650 and have found that dealers prices on oil and filters were very competitive. I did the 50 hr service and just yesterday picked up oil and filters for the 200 hr service which will be needed soon. My dealer has been awesome and for me I felt it was best to use OEM materials to take care of my tractor. Not saying other oil and filters wont work but I just felt I couldnt go wrong using OEM oil and filters. I am sure if I had any issues my dealer would take care of them.

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
I agree with the above post. I have the L3200 HST tractor with 41 hours on it. I collected my list a week ago and started searching for the best prices for the oil filter, HST filter and Hydro filter. After documented the best prices I could find on ebay, amazon and Messicks, I called my local Kubota dealer. His prices were exactly the same as Messicks and LOWER than ebay or amazon. And with your local dealer, you don't have to fool with shipping. If you have an issue or problem, you can speak directly to someone. I'm all for saving money but when you're not actually saving any money and supporting your local dealer, I'm all for that.

Gather your list and check prices. Then call your local Kubota guy and compare. You'll be surprised.

Here is a link to the parts and prices for your specific tractor on Messicks. A good place to start.

http://www.messicks.com/wiki/kubota/l3301

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I agree with the others....

you might find the stuff cheaper online - however the shipping and the time waiting are more than the drive and the tax! Plus - going by the dealer, you get to see all the other neat new orange things!!!!:D:)

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Thanks. I had thought so but wanted to check in with those of you that have been doing their own services. Off to the dealer I will go.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Looks like I need for a L3301/HST the following supplies according to Manual.
8 Qts CJ-4 engine oil
Engine oil filter
Transmission Filter for HST

I already have the grease gun.

Miss anything? Really going to try to walk in(and walk out) without loading something else shiny & orange in the pickup!

"Cept that right fender 3901 grab handle."

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Not sure if yours is the same but on my B2650 there is an hst filter and a hydraulic filter. If so you have to change the hydraulic filter out fast with the new one in hand to get up in there after you remove the old one. I lost about 3 qts of hydraulic oil so will need to pick up some that too if this is the case.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
rkidd, good point. The thicker high pressure filter doesn't leak as much, but the one that's on the suction side of your hydraulics, often with a magnet inside it, will loose a LOT of fluid even if you're fast.

Plan ahead. Have the new filter opened up with the plastic removed from the top of it, ready to spin on. Get the old one loose, and plan on having nitrile or rubber gloves on if possible to avoid SOAKING your hands with HST. Then spin off the filter as quickly as possible and then spin the new one on. I can do it with only a quart or two spilling out but you need to be fast.

Lastly, they have "Kits" for most of the Kubota tractors now, they come with the hydro, oil, fuel, air, etc filters all in one box. Usually around $100. Honestly you just spent tens of thousands on a new/used tractor, make sure to spend the relatively small amount "extra" to get all Kubota filters....and in many cases the official Kubota ones are CHEAPER than a rebranded Wix/Napa or otherwise.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You mention, "I already have the grease gun." I guess you're saying it has a cartridge in it? Well, if you're detail oriented, you get all the obvious and the simple things get you. Make sure you have spares.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Picked up the three filters, engine oil, and a gallon of hydraulic fluid today at dealer.
Service went really smooth but the HST filter was above and beyond tight. I had to break out a large pipe wrench to budge it loose. All else was great.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Picked up the three filters, engine oil, and a gallon of hydraulic fluid today at dealer.
Service went really smooth but the HST filter was above and beyond tight. I had to break out a large pipe wrench to budge it loose. All else was great.
The original installed OEM filters always seem to be wrenched on... My take on dealers, prices, etc... is similar to everyone else, except my local dealer is now Messick's. They are about 45 minutes away, so I had my last round of maintenance stuff shipped for $10 extra. EBay OEM (and aftermarket) filters weren't much cheaper if at all.
I have had Kubota equipment for the past 20 years, and always patronized the local dealer (Gaithersburg, MD in my case) but I got tired of their substandard performance. The last straw was not being able to get a quote on a new L4060 cab tractor after more than 2 months. Messick's had a to-spec machine on my property less than a week after submitting an online quote request.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Glad you got your machine all serviced out and it went well. One other thing they tell you to do at 50 hrs is check all bolts and fasteners clamps and wheel nuts. I did have a couple wheel lug nuts not up to torque. Not falling off but I did get torque wrench out and got them all up to spec. Just something to check. Did my 200 hr service yesterday on my B2650 and got her ready for the season.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
be sure to replace the oil drain pan plug, copper crush rings...
the plug may work loose if the copper o-ring is not replace every time.
it's possible for you to loose a engine... from the loss of oil...

Northern Rednek

Equipment
L3901
Apr 6, 2016
Murillo Ontario Canada
I talked to my dealer about me doing my own service before I purchased my tractor and he said that's fine but really stressed that I should buy original Kubota fluids from my dealer so then if there's any warranty issues he would go to bat for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Fre

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
There is another place where you can't do your own work and keep up the warranty on the new tractors, and that is every year the dpf sensor, egr, exhaust manifold have to be checked using the kubota software, and another laundry list at 2 years. Look for the items with *4 on the maintenance table, toward the end. Kind of sucks to have to take the tractor in for that, but if you know you can plan ahead.