Sometimes you just have to say it...

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Remember when big stores started to add greeters to the entrances ? Nobody seemed to complain about that. They were put there to reduce casual theft. A study found that if customers where greeted and made eye contact upon entering a store the amount of casual theft decreased.
That smiling face had nothing to do with being neighborly it was planned psychology.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I see you as a fanatic liberal that is always pushing back against anything that you don't agree with, and never seeing the other side. I thought that you learned your lesson when you were moderated and humbly posted about it. Now I realize that you were just bragging about getting away with your opinionated posts. Jesus taught compassion and understanding, however, I don't believe that you have learned that lesson. To me, you are just intolerant and intolerable.
I wasn’t moderated for my moderate viewpoints. (if you are waay conservative…even moderate people are “liberal” to you…) Liberal is not a bad word. It’s the Root Word of LIberty.
I was moderated (and fairly so) for being political….and on my own, revealed that to you and others as my personal method of apology to you…not because of any requirement to do so.
I’m going back to the tractor side of the Forums. Attack me here now that I’ve left.

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I’m going back to the tractor side of the Forums. Attack me here now that I’ve left.
Doubtful anyone is going to 'attack' you when you've left. (too busy celebrating) ;)

But seriously, it might be a good thing for ALL of us to spend more time in the tractor section, where the love and interest of our machines brings us together in a common theme.

Rare are arguments seen there or anything causing dissension. It feels good to be mostly of one accord, or at least to me it does.

See you on that side. (y)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
They've already done that, grifted us for more money in the name of "inflation" while their profits have soared. Have you ever worked in retail? Theft and damage is written off as shrink, a cost of sales.

Calling for the murder folks who steal from corporations that you are accusing of price gouging is plain dumb as fuck. Some people should not be allowed to own firearms, you and others that are unfit to make rational choices fall in that category. I am glad that I carry so I can protect myself and my family from nutcases that try to take the law into their own hands.

You want change, vote for politicians that will hold corporations responsible for price gouging, not get into bed with them.
I have worked retail, both at the small business level, and at the corporate level. Claiming that "shrink" does not raise prices is plain dumb as fuck.

I make rational decisions every minute of every day, as I carry every minute of every day.
I have never taken the law into my own hands, nor will I.

I vote the way you suggest every election, but I (apparently) am in the minority.

Criminals make a conscious decision to not live within societies boundaries, rules, and laws.
As such, they should be removed from society and punished. That is not happening, at least to any meaningful or effective degree.
And, (this may amaze you) I haven't murdered anyone. Simply astounding

And anyone who thinks the liberal, "let's go easy on criminals" politicians and those who vote for them
haven't created this lawless society, is plain dumb as fuck.

Because I truly enjoy this forum and hope that my meager contributions mat help someone from time to time, I now bow out of this thread, before I get banned for using the same phrase that you have used with impunity.

Have a good day.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
is plain dumb as fuck.

is plain dumb as fuck.
I think this is the second post that uses that term, and the first that used it twice.

For some reason, although I worked in the steel industry several decades, and can speak mill jargon with the best of them, that term here kind of offends me...and others probably too.

Just thought I would mention it...

Thinking about it, I just realized I may be offended because I may be dumb as.... 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Kinda my point, I was quoting someone else.:)

Oops, I'm not supposed to be here.:giggle:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The New Testament is the New Covenant… superceding the old…. those that understand that call themselves “Christians” and mean it. Those that insist on emphasizing the practices of the Old Testament miss the point …and are NOT Christians.… but are heretics and hypocrites when they claim so.

The “edit” I did earlier was for spelling. But it brings up a point… I believe it possible the “middle eastern” employee may have deliberately read the back of the receipt to demonstrate to you he agrees with you… but also recognizes he is being caught on camera…and needs to peruse the receipt. ;)
I think this is the second post that uses that term, and the first that used it twice.

For some reason, although I worked in the steel industry several decades, and can speak mill jargon with the best of them, that term here kind of offends me...and others probably too.

Just thought I would mention it...

Thinking about it, I just realized I may be offended because I may be dumb as.... 🤔
Let me try to understand this correctly, the use of profanity offends you, however, GeoHorn's statement
"Those that insist on emphasizing the practices of the Old Testament miss the point …and are NOT Christians.… but are heretics and hypocrites when they claim so." . doesn't that offend you?

While I don't believe that profanity has a place on these forums, I also don't believe that anyone on these forums has a right to belittle someone else and call them a heretic and hypocrite because they don't agree with someone else's religious beliefs. A person's religious beliefs are personal to them, and shouldn't be judged by others as a result. To do so is both offensive and intolerable! It is tantamount to saying that if you don't purchase a Kubota that you are both stupid and ignorant. We are all entitled to our own opinions, no matter how they may differ from others.

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Is Mobil1 really the best oil to use in my Ford truck? Is Ford the best truck?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
What is the best grease to use for the FEL?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Let me try to understand this correctly, the use of profanity offends you, however, GeoHorn's statement... doesn't that offend you?
All I can say is it is hard to argue against the fact that ANY oil sold by Tractor Supply has to be better than Mobile1.

And yes, contrary to popular belief, Ford IS definitely a truck.

We all know grease doesn't matter for a FEL Who greases their FEL anyway?

And no, GeoHorns statement did not offend me personally. I could read or show it to my grand kids and discuss it. The other one, no way.

• Haha

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
So murder is the answer to petty theft? If the store doesn't want to do anything about it, what's it to you?
Murder is probably not the answer, but neither is non-prosecution. Somewhere in the middle would be nice. And it's not the store usually, it's the DA. If a DA refuses to do his job he needs to be removed from office--like they do in Florida. DAs cannot simply say "we are not prosecuting petty theft"--yet they do.

These corporations don't just 'write it off' either. As @Lil Foot said they answer to shareholders who expect profits and when those profits are diminished by theft you and I pay more.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
You want change, vote for politicians that will hold corporations responsible for price gouging, not get into bed with them.
This fictitious person you mention does not exist. The reality is that they are all in just different beds and we just pick the bed we dislike the least.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Murder is probably not the answer, but neither is non-prosecution. Somewhere in the middle would be nice. And it's not the store usually, it's the DA. If a DA refuses to do his job he needs to be removed from office--like they do in Florida. DAs cannot simply say "we are not prosecuting petty theft"--yet they do.

These corporations don't just 'write it off' either. As @Lil Foot said they answer to shareholders who expect profits and when those profits are diminished by theft you and I pay more.
Prosecution is fine, murdering someone with your preferred grain FMJ is absolutely not the answer - we aren't savages ffs.

Shrink, damaged goods, inventory lost in transit, shortages from suppliers, etc... is inventory that is "written off" the balance sheet and the vendor's cost booked as expense on the income statement. The actual expense is less than the retail price so the retailer's realized loss in the period isn't what they would have charged for said item.

This does impact bottom line, but like I said earlier, it is a drop in the bucket compared to other rising costs and shareholder demand for increased returns (which happen independently of inventory shrinkage). So yes, it could potentially increase costs to us, but there are many other variables that ultimately drive cost increase and shrinkage is not the most impactful. Big corporations budget for shrinkage as it is a routine cost of doing business and not all shrinkage is driven by theft.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.”

This is the only one you need worry about

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Healthy debate can keep forums interesting. However, it is wise to avoid the use of logical fallacies (sounds like an oxymoron) in debate. The attached link lists 16 of them. I've noticed #1 come up often and #14 occasionally.

Reactions: 3 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I am beyond tired of these supermarkets and big box stores gutting their front end staff and relying on customers for checkout. I am with D2Cat...if they are going to be stingy up front and I am checking myself out you can bet I am not standing in another line to have my receipt verified. They can follow me to the parking lot and verify my receipt as they help me load my car.

Also big box locking up just about every power tool in the store, and having to wait 15 min for someone to unlock it. Punish the honest person due to the actions of marginals.....That sure sounds familiar.

Oo-v-oO

Equipment
2000 B7500
Oct 31, 2021
Central NH
Also big box locking up just about every power tool in the store, and having to wait 15 min for someone to unlock it. Punish the honest person due to the actions of marginals.....That sure sounds familiar.
Ugh. I just purchased a DeWalt impact driver kit and before I could get my grubby mitts on it I had to find someone to unlock it for me. That added about 15 minutes to the transaction that I'll never get back.
One of the WalMarts nearest to me even locks up all of their headlight bulbs. When I complained about it, the clerk said that it was one of their highest pilfered items. Yet the two Walmarts on either side of it keep their inventory out and accessible. Why one but not the other? Might be up to the individual store managers.