Sometimes you just have to say it...

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
There should be NO REQUIREMENTS as to anything at all to meet common courtesy amongst human beings….or haven’t you READ the New Testament…?
Amen brother.

Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
So murder is the answer to petty theft? If the store doesn't want to do anything about it, what's it to you? Corporate will write off the loss as shrink and move on, no need to get worked up about some beer and snacks ffs. 😂
With 10s of thousands, probably millions doing it, I doubt it is at the level of petty theft.
Corporate WILL NOT write off the loss, they will raise prices for the rest of us.

If they would pass on the costs of being lax on crime only to the liberals who want to go easy on criminals, I would tell criminal element to knock themselves out, steal everything you can get your hands on.
But I, and millions of others, long for a time when criminals were punished, streets were safe, and as a result, costs were not so ridiculously high for goods, security, and insurances.

Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
There should be NO REQUIREMENTS as to anything at all to meet common courtesy amongst human beings….or haven’t you READ the New Testament…?

Oh....the dreamers....living in their dream worlds.

Yes, have a bible...have read it entirely more than once (and that takes time and dedication)

It was New when I started.

Bible.jpg

Are you intending to 'smite' me with versus...now?

Or just lead us off into areas that will get the thread closed and one or both of us banned?

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
What matters is you take your actions against the little employee…..instead of doing what a man SHOULD do in your position…. take it up with the management. Directly.
Hah....see that you went back and edited your post to add the above.

Almost missed the part where I was 'emasculated' (not a man). Would hate to have had that slip past me. Hell I could have woken up tomorrow not even knowing I wasn't a man. Thank You so much.

There is no need to 'take it up' with anyone. Management can't change it, the 'little employee' is even more powerless...but unfortunately the person charged with executing the task. First point of contact will generally be the first to hear objections, imagine that.

WALMART put the poor 'little employee' in that position, not me. All I am doing is going past the ridiculous policy. Not involving the employee at all actually despite your attempt to portray it differently.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Have you read the Old Testament...? There are good life lessons in both!
The New Testament is the New Covenant… superceding the old…. those that understand that call themselves “Christians” and mean it. Those that insist on emphasizing the practices of the Old Testament miss the point …and are NOT Christians.… but are heretics and hypocrites when they claim so.

The “edit” I did earlier was for spelling. But it brings up a point… I believe it possible the “middle eastern” employee may have deliberately read the back of the receipt to demonstrate to you he agrees with you… but also recognizes he is being caught on camera…and needs to peruse the receipt. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I saw this the other day:

I got kicked out of the Walmart break room today... They asked me what I was doing there... I said, "I'm on break what do you think? " They said "but you don't work here" I told them, "I just went through the self check out, clearly I do"
When is the holiday party???? I figured I would bring a casserole 😬😬😬😬😬

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The New Testament is the New Covenant… superceding the old…. those that understand that call themselves “Christians” and mean it. Those that insist on emphasizing the practices of the Old Testament miss the point …and are NOT Christians.… but are heretics and hypocrites when they claim so.

The “edit” I did earlier was for spelling. But it brings up a point… I believe it possible the “middle eastern” employee may have deliberately read the back of the receipt to demonstrate to you he agrees with you… but also recognizes he is being caught on camera…and needs to peruse the receipt. ;)
Partner, you're missing the boat! Have you ever studied the book of Revelation? If so did you ever refer back to Daniel? Ever read Romans 15:4. You may consider yourself the head deacon on the forum, but you are not God!

Your comment about the "middle eastern" employee may be exactly what you do on OTT threads so often, make comments so you can keep responding.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

M..Kay.

Well I am not going to get sucked into a Theological debate with you about it. Nice Try.

I imagine we would agree on the subject to about the same point we do on other things anyway.

However, it IS possible the the associate just does a cursory 'scan' of all receipts....recognizing the folly of it all. Or he could be incompetent, or he might be lazy, we don't know.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Partner, you're missing the boat! Have you ever studied the book of Revelation? If so did you ever refer back to Daniel? Ever read Romans 15:4. You may consider yourself the head deacon on the forum, but you are not God!

Your comment about the "middle eastern" employee may be exactly what you do on OTT threads so often, make comments so you can keep responding.

^^^^

D2.....don't get drawn into this. @Geo knows full well what he is doing. You should recognize the incendiary content of some posts. It is by design to skirt the edges of forbidden topics and to hopefully cause you to post something that will force the moderators to take action.

Choose wisely.

It is well for us to share different ideas, we all have different life experiences....all which combine to form the person we are and the way we think.

We can share those ideas (within the confines of forum rules) without being purposefully disagreeable or posting solely for one's entertainment.

The 'Off Topic' section can lead one to pitfalls if we are not measured in how we act here.

But you certainly nailed it with your opening title:

(y)

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

Do you think that your statement about others that don't follow the Christian religion might be quite offensive to those that follow other religions? I do, and I am beyond offended that you would make such a preposterous statement.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Do you think that your statement about others that don't follow the Christian religion might be quite offensive to those that follow other religions? I do, and I am beyond offended that you would make such a preposterous statement.

Since I didn’t critique the claims or beliefs of non-Christians I wouldn’t think they’d be offended.
I was only commenting on those who “claim” to be “Christian”…but don’t follow the main theological text of his ministry.
(BTW… the man known as the Christ was given a political execution the authorities being spurred-on by right-wing conservative religious fanatics…. yet another example of conservatives have been wrong throughout history.)
There’s nothing more dangerous than a religious fanatic…. of ANY persuasion.
If “Sometimes you just have to say it..”.. then I’m only suggesting to say it to the person who can do something about it.

Last edited:
  • Love

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I see you as a fanatic liberal that is always pushing back against anything that you don't agree with, and never seeing the other side. I thought that you learned your lesson when you were moderated and humbly posted about it. Now I realize that you were just bragging about getting away with your opinionated posts. Jesus taught compassion and understanding, however, I don't believe that you have learned that lesson. To me, you are just intolerant and intolerable.

Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
With 10s of thousands, probably millions doing it, I doubt it is at the level of petty theft.
Corporate WILL NOT write off the loss, they will raise prices for the rest of us.

If they would pass on the costs of being lax on crime only to the liberals who want to go easy on criminals, I would tell criminal element to knock themselves out, steal everything you can get your hands on.
But I, and millions of others, long for a time when criminals were punished, streets were safe, and as a result, costs were not so ridiculously high for goods, security, and insurances.
They've already done that, grifted us for more money in the name of "inflation" while their profits have soared. Have you ever worked in retail? Theft and damage is written off as shrink, a cost of sales.

Calling for the murder folks who steal from corporations that you are accusing of price gouging is plain dumb as fuck. Some people should not be allowed to own firearms, you and others that are unfit to make rational choices fall in that category. I am glad that I carry so I can protect myself and my family from nutcases that try to take the law into their own hands.

You want change, vote for politicians that will hold corporations responsible for price gouging, not get into bed with them.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan

So y'all are OK with the subtle racism, just not with people calling it out?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:

You want change, vote for politicians that will hold corporations responsible for price gouging, not get into bed with them.

THAT will never happen...here's why..

The 2nd 'golden rule' applies here

those with the gold, make the rules
those that make the rule, get the gold

and while theft is 'written off' as a loss called 'shrink' ,all thefts actually INCREASE the cost of the products and their selling price. Shrink also reduces the 'bottom line' and the shareholders profits.
though not a one to one ratio, if you eliminated thefts, you'd reduce the cost of the goods,so selling price would be lower.

Reactions: 3 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Maybe not to you.
Please elaborate...

Love thy neighbor (only if they are a WASP)?

re:

THAT will never happen...here's why..

The 2nd 'golden rule' applies here

those with the gold, make the rules
those that make the rule, get the gold

and while theft is 'written off' as a loss called 'shrink' ,all thefts actually INCREASE the cost of the products and their selling price. Shrink also reduces the 'bottom line' and the shareholders profits.
though not a one to one ratio, if you eliminated thefts, you'd reduce the cost of the goods,so selling price would be lower.
I agree that shrink lowers the bottom line to an extent, but it is a small cost of sale that is relatively easy to manage. Damaged goods and defects that are not covered under warranty fall under the shrink category too. The only thing I disagree with, slightly, is that shrink has that big of an influence on driving up prices. For publicly traded companies, demands for period over period increases in shareholder value along with wage/logistics/and raw material increases drive prices up more than anything else.

So if we follow ol' Little Foot's logic, the shareholders, truck drivers, farmers, distributors, store employees, and countless other folks are getting murdered so he can pay lower prices at the checkout and feel safer.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Local supermarket (Wegmans) in a well-to-do area, pulled a couple of lanes out and installed a bunch of self checkout stations. 'Shrinkage' exploded by leaps and bounds. Less than a month later, they closed all but two and those are watched by an employee. I cannot believe the hourly cost of a check out person is greater than the cost of the theft.
I only do self check out when I have just a couple of items.