Rim Guard

Farmdaddy

Equipment
L3301 w/loader, 5' box blade, 5' brush hog, homemade bale spike, 7' disc harrow
Dec 12, 2016
Tuttle, Ok,
I found out yesterday that they don't make wheel weights for my Kubota L3301. The dealer suggested Rim Guard as a new and improved version of the old antifreeze in the tires. It's heavier than water, non-corrosive, and freeze proof. Fairly affordable too.
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad with it? I've fallen for "too good to be true" products before.
Looking for info beyond the dealerships sales pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
the ONLY thing wrong with it.....is the cost - other than that - it is a perfect solution!!!!

If weight is what you need - it is the best......

and you gonna need about 48 gallons! Depending on Turfs....R4's or Ags

Last edited:

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
Freeze-resistant down to -35°F & nearly 30% heavier than water.
It's basically beet juice. Yes the vegetable, REALLY!
They have been spraying it on roads as a deicer for a while now.
The main point is that it is not corrosive and leaves no environmental impact if leaked out unlike others.
As stated, the downside it's a bit pricy. We love it!

Last edited:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I have it in mine and no complaints. These tractors really need rear weight.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Had it put in a year ago. Way more stable, and not much tire spinning during loader work.

My rears are 33x12.5x15 and it was $100 for the pair. Rim Guard has a chart on their site that will tell you gallons and weight added for a given tire size. In my case it added around 235 pounds per tire.

Farmdaddy

Equipment
L3301 w/loader, 5' box blade, 5' brush hog, homemade bale spike, 7' disc harrow
Dec 12, 2016
Tuttle, Ok,
Well apparently I don't know how to navigate Tapatalk very well. I just now saw that y'all had responded. Thanks for the input.

My tractor will be due to have the hydraulics changed in another 50 hours or so. I think I'm going to try to add the rim Guard then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
Freeze-resistant down to -35°F & nearly 30% heavier than water.
It's basically beet juice. Yes the vegetable, REALLY!
They have been spraying it on roads as a deicer for a while now.
The main point is that it is not corrosive and leaves no environmental impact if leaked out unlike others.
As stated, the downside it's a bit pricy. We love it!
It literally is beet juice (http://www.rimguard.biz/frequently-asked-questions/). It has worked great for me and I have not had any freezing problems even with very cold New England winters.

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
Hello all, this is my first post. I Sold my used to me 1995, B7600 w/fel, it was just not heavy and powerful enough to move wet snow here in the North East. I ordered and will receive my new L3901 w/ LA525 FEL and 3rd function, w/ BH77 and Mech Thumb on Monday.

The dealer loaded the rear tires at no additional (hidden) cost to me as part of the sale. The rear tires we loaded to the valve stem at the 12 o'clock position, R4's 15-19.5 with Rim Guard, the tech told me it added 319 +/- lbs. per tire. I still intend to attach a ballast box.

As a side note, my Father who was a heavy equipment operator, I seem to remember told me a few reasons for loaded tires were,
1. Vehicle traction
2. Stability while moving dirt with the FEL
3. Remove the bounce of 100% air filled tires while traveling down roads.

I have not read this 3rd comment in any of the post I have read here, has anyone heard or experienced this while traveling on a roadway? I would like to ask my Dad, but he passed some years ago. One of those times when I wished I had paid more attention.

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
For what this info is worth, I had the rears on my new L3901HST loaded with Rim Guard, R4s, 15x19.5, Rim Guard and dealer stated it took approx. 29 gallons per tire and added 311-319 lbs. per tire.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
PS-- the Sticky on top of this forum has three links to past discussion on this topic that are very detailed. Would behoove yall to read thru them.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
PS-- the Sticky on top of this forum has three links to past discussion on this topic that are very detailed. Would behoove yall to read thru them.
So does this mean people can't post threads and ask questions anymore just because you as a moderator has made some "Sticky" at the top? You keep posting this reply in people's threads making sound like they were wrong for posting questions and advice. Looks like you are trying to scare people away from posting questions just because someone in the past already did so.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My computer is set up (unknown to me!) so that it goes to the OTT forum page and shows the topics I have not read since the last time I was on the forum.

Those "stickies" are something I'd have to go to to look for a specific topic, and I almost never do. I would read them if I stumbled across them, but I have never searched for them!? I couldn't tell someone where they are. I actually went to the top of this thread thinking I'd find some clue...but I'm clueless.

I need a lesson in effective computer usage!!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
So does this mean people can't post threads and ask questions anymore just because you as a moderator has made some "Sticky" at the top? You keep posting this reply in people's threads making sound like they were wrong for posting questions and advice. Looks like you are trying to scare people away from posting questions just because someone in the past already did so.
Can see your path of thought on "sound like they were wrong for posting questions and advice." but it is far from the truth.

Give a person a fish meal ..... you know the rest.... teach him to fish and he feeds a family forever. Thus reminders about the Stickies is just teaching to fish for the info that is here and easily found.

Beyond that though is it is "protecting the great folk who contribute here so much". Number one way to burn out our faithful information contributers is them ending up answering the same questions over and over and over and over and...... Without those contributors, there will be no one to answer questions simple or complicated.

Which reminds me...... Folk please speak up when you see a thread or group of threads that would be good fit to be linked to in these stickies.

Last edited: