Rear mount snowblowers

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Shopping around for probably a used 3pt mount snowblower for my L3300. 35HP
Sold my other tractor with snowplow and another winter is coming.
Not sure about the compatibility of the different snowblower mfgs.
I know Land Pride makes them for Kubota but what others are compatible
and of decent quality. Anyone know if the Woods and Blizzard snowblowers
are compatible and decent quality, 64" size. Other brands ?
Seen a couple of these under 3K.
Thanks for sharing what you know about them, all new to me.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
3pt snowblower is a 3pt snowblower, any/all will mount. Only 'detail' is to get the correct length of PTO shaft which 'shouldn't be a problem IF your 3PH is ASME standard.. just be sure there's some kind of 'oopsy' safety ( shearpin, slip clutch) !!

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I had a 5' Normand on my L3400H - worked great. Hydraulic rotation & chute defection. Typical Canadian brand, built like a tank. Now sorry I let it go when I sold the tractor. So of course I'm looking to replace it now.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Lucknow makes good blowers, round curved chute never clogs.

Look for any Canadian manufacturer if you want something that works reliably.

I had an Agro-Trend with a square chute. It was always prone to clogging with wet snow.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I had a couple of three point mounted snow blowers over the years the first was a single stage it didn't work well when the snow was real wet and heavy. Had a eight foot two stage Lundel for years and it worked well. I wouldn't have another three point snow blower as I get tired of turning around and back up to remove snow. I use a 10 foot snow bucket today on a skid loader to move snow.

Last edited:

woodsy

Equipment
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Appreciate all the input. The backing up thing does seem awkward but thought
I'd mount a rear view mirror somewhere. The rig does have the mid PTO but for a front mount its about double the money , loss of the bucket and time spent
setting it up and taking it down.
I suppose if someone was crafty enough a snow blade could be mounted to the bucket or to the loader frame. Its not a quick attach bucket machine being older so
looking at all the options .
I didn't mind plowing snow with the other rig just had
to push it back good from the start of winter.

Last edited:

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I've got a pull type 3pt blower. Get to keep the bucket or forks on and still get to drive forward to blow snow. They're a little bit more expensive than a rear-push, but not quite as pricey as a front mount.
There are downsides - you can't really cut into an existing bank like you can with the other options. You have to drive over the snow that you're blowing, but if you're doing it from the beginning of the year and you're just maintaining the clearing... No prob, bob.

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
Have also been looking at 3pt Snowblowers...with considerations on Input HP, Width, Weight and $$$ for my L2501 on-order. Also trying to find Fan Diameter and metal thickness specs where available. Tough to find used units our here in the West, so mainly looking at new.
Here is what I have so far...
-Land Pride SB1064, 18-59HP, 64" 501 Lbs MSRP $3,753
-WoodMaxx SB60, 18-30 HP, 59", 695 Lbs, MSRP $2,395
-Woods SB64S, 15-25 HP, 64", 436 Lbs, MSRP $2,733
-Kubota BLMX3164, 64', MSRP $3,154

I like the price and heavy duty construction of the WoodMaxx...but the recommended 3point weight limit from the L2501 Op Manual under SnowBlowers is 550 Lbs vs the 695 Lbs of the SB60, so scratching this model.
Looking to send out a Request for Quotation on the Woods SB64S...

Hope this helps...

woodsy

Equipment
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
I've been looking at the woods 64S too. Looks like its rated for up to 35hp though.
and your price is close to the one local here. $2800 for a 2020 model, about my price range.
But the woodmax 60 looks really tough built in comparison for near same price new..
Landprides are running $3500 new here in this size range.

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I purchased a Lorenz 3pt blower new, close to 30 years ago. It's still going strong today behind the B2650. Still made in Minnesota. I also use a large horizontal mirror mounted inside the cab and hardly ever have to look back over the shoulder! Mirrors "ROCK" for using a 3pt mounted snowblower!!

One nice feature of the Lorenz blowers is they have a double auger of paddles across the full width of blower. Deep hard packed snow is not an issue for them. Also a larger center opening for the second stage blower to engage the snow and blow it out.

66" Lorenz 3-Point Tractor Snow Blower Model 5310 (durattach.com)

woodsy

Equipment
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Had no idea there were so many snowblower mfgs in the US and Canada. I've looked up everyone that has been posted in this thread.
They all look like decent well built machines
and some are probably worth the 4, 5-6k they get for them considering they are still running decades later . I wish I could afford one of them. But 3k is all I got for one.
Interesting research nonetheless.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
As far as snowblowers go, wider is always better.
Ok, maybe not *ALWAYS*, but.... Always.
Who wants to take more passes than necessary? And, particularly with hst, you can feather the speed to balance the snow load. If you have an hst I wouldn't be afraid to go on the little bit big side of things. I ran a 54" blower with my B7100hstd.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I have a LP behind my little BX. Picked it up mid winter. its a beast! i have no complaints with it. i did get the optional hydraulic rotation installed, worth every penny. This winter i plan on fabbing up an electric deflector. Cost is why i went with a 3pt blower, i did debate on the pull type but for the amount of time it takes me to clear teh driveway the looking backwards isnt a big deal. On lighter snow falls i use the plow to make piles and then blow the piles out into the yard.

WhitleyStu

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601 LA435 FEL 60" MMM 60" Snow Blower FSP500 Spreader 5' Grahl Roller 40 spray
Sep 10, 2020
Indiana
I bought a Meteor from my Kubota dealer and have had good service from this blower for nearly ten years. A bigger LandPride is tempting, but hate to let the Meteor go as long as it is doing a good job.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
We have a gently uses and cheap Buhler 50" 3pt blower...
I think the same machine has gone by the names Allied, Buhler, Farm King, Meteor and likely other names at one time or another.. Doesn't matter as it works well on 25 pto hp... And it was cheap all considered...

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I had a couple of three point mounted snow blowers over the years the first was a single stage it didn't work well when the snow was real wet and heavy. Had a eight foot two stage Lundel for years and it worked well. I wouldn't have another three point snow blower as I get tired of turning around and back up to remove snow. I use a 10 foot snow bucket today on a skid loader to move snow.
I moved snow with a front mounted blower on a BX for five years which worked out well, particularly when the snow was dry. I'm also looking at a 3-point snow blower solution to compliment the hydraulic snow blade I already have, but continually looking over my shoulder isn't appealing. The new MX that I ordered has a mirror inside the cab as well as the optional side mirrors so I can't imagine I'd need to look over my shoulder that much. Anyone here using mirrors "exclusively" to move snow?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Anyone here using mirrors "exclusively" to move snow?
Yup! :LOL: My large mirror inside the cab has been all that's needed. The only time I don't use the mirror is to check for traffic at the end of the driveway.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yup! :LOL: My large mirror inside the cab has been all that's needed. The only time I don't use the mirror is to check for traffic at the end of the driveway.
That's kind of what I was thinking. I also added rear work lights so it can't be that hard to blow snow off 9,000 sq. ft. of asphalt with the aid of mirrors. Heck, I back up a bunch of trailers using the mirrors only so how hard can a rear mounted snow blower be that isn't articulating. I guess I'll found out, assuming that I can even find a snow blower before the snow comes. :unsure:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
That's kind of what I was thinking. I also added rear work lights so it can't be that hard to blow snow off 9,000 sq. ft. of asphalt with the aid of mirrors. Heck, I back up a bunch of trailers using the mirrors only so how hard can a rear mounted snow blower be that isn't articulating. I guess I'll found out, assuming that I can even find a snow blower before the snow comes. :unsure:
I've used this mirror in both cabs that I've built for my tractors since 1997. The mirror is the outside tall mirror off of a semi truck and mounted horizontally above and inside my cab. See post #13 & #18 here:
Kubota B2650 Cab Fabrication | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota
That mirror is the best thing since sliced toast for using a 3 pt snow blower. You'll quickly find that steering by looking into the mirror is so naturally intuitive that it takes no time at all to get comfortable using it. With it sitting just above and in front of me while sitting in the cab it gives a distortion free wide angle view of the whole width of the blower. I can tilt it to give the view preferred. If you've ever driven a combine during harvest ........ it's just like that.

I've been in a cab with the factory mirror up above and at the front of the cab. They're almost too far forward which takes in too much of the scene. I'd suggest sitting in your seat and holding a wide mirror above and in front of you to see the difference it makes and to get the right mounting position. Finding the sweet spot for its location makes all the difference!! Blowing around corners, cars, buildings, straight runs, etc. are all a breeze.

David

Edit: If you don't have a cab for your tractor...... a bracket off the ROPs to hold the mirror in the right positon would still be the way to go.