PETA calls for the term "bull pen" to be changed

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
On tonight's evening news: A small group of PETA members (all from California) showed up in Fargo, ND to protest the slaughter of turkeys for Thanksgiving and suggested everyone eat vegan. They had never been to North Dakota before. The star protester was only dressed in what looked like a pair of tan spanx underwear. He laid on his back on the sidewalk in a "dressed turkey" position while his partners held up a banner. While being interviewed for the news he was turning blue and shaking uncontrollably but said he was happy to be here for the Turkeys. They didn't last an hour as they weren't prepared for the November sub freezing temps and 30 mph winds. An onlooker was asked what he thought about the protest. His response, "It's time for the men in white jackets to show up!" :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I always use the opportunity every time I hear about PETA to say I am a member of PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

And when our government and new generation do manage to stop producing real meat in favor of their lab grown veggie burgers, all I can say is fat people better hide, LOL

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I always use the opportunity every time I hear about PETA to say I am a member of PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

And when our government and new generation due manage to stop producing real meat in favor of their lab grown veggie burgers, all I can say is fat people better hide, LOL
5E787C21-BCB7-48EC-A8F4-358A3E15D4D6.jpeg

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
PETA founder Ingrid Newkirk: “When it comes to feelings, like pain, hunger and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy.”

This is the person whose ethics are held up by many to be “ethical”. The person whose ethos is being applied every time there’s a mention in the press of “PETA issued a statement/filed a lawsuit/conducted a protest”. One of many instances where the organization’s name “People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals” as a stand alone phrase is quite agreeable; certainly animals shouldn’t be mistreated. But look even slightly beyond that phrase to what “ethical” means to them and it gets weird pretty fast. As unfathomable as it is that there is actually someone that really thinks a rat and a boy are equivalent, it is much more concerning that there are significant numbers of people who agree. I have met rats. I have met boys. I have met pigs and dogs. Treating them all the same is nonsensical. I don’t know how anyone who has met that menagerie could equivocate them short of mental illness.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
It’s bull crap!! Yeah, PETA, I said bull crap. Whatcha gonna do about it, send the sensitivity police to my door to talk about my feelings? Shut up and eat a steak! Lol
Does anyone ever pay attention to PETA? They are well established in public opinion as nutbags.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
And when our government and new generation do manage to stop producing real meat in favor of their lab grown veggie burgers, all I can say is fat people better hide, LOL
I saw an article last week about growing meat without animals in a California lab.

As unfathomable as it is that there is actually someone that really thinks a rat and a boy are equivalent, it is much more concerning that there are significant numbers of people who agree.
I remember many years ago seeing a woman being interviewed who argued that firefighters should NOT priortize her son over her dog for rescue.

Wonder where her son is now - are they still speaking?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Maybe he moved away with the dog Random, LOL

Ya, there is nothing about lab grown food that interests me, LOL
Nor will I ever become a vegetarian. I love animals, but I was born a normal human.....a carnivore.