PDF to JPEG (image/picture)

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I have seen many of our OTT brothers frustrated because they are unable upload a PDF. Well the simple fact is that you would be hard pressed to find any forum allowing pdf uploads.

Fortunately, there is a work around for this. When the PDF is opened there is a feature on the tool bar that converts what you select into a picture using paint saved as a jpeg. Now you will be able to upload the information to OTT.

This feature has better clarity than just using the "capture screen" with your keyboard and then going to paint.

1) Open your pdf document.
Look at the top of the tool bar for the "Camera" and click on it.
LEFT CLICK and HOLD then drag across the entire area you want to select. When you have made your selection, release the left mouse button.

2) When you release the left mouse button you will see this pop up. It says "Selected Area Has Been Copied To Clipboard". Click on "OK".

3) Open the program "Paint"
Go to the bottom and left click on "Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint".

4) When Paint opens, Left click on "Edit -> Paste".

5) Your data will now open in Paint

6) Left click on "File -> Save As".

7) Choose a location on your PC to save it, give it a name, select Save As "JPEG" and then click on "Save".

9) Close Paint, you're done. Now go to the location on your PC you saved the data and you will find a good quality image of your PDF ready to upload to OTT.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Lets say the image doesn't really show what you need to get across.

1) With the PDF open, go to the top and zoom in so the viewed area is bigger. Choose what ever setting works best.

2) Comply with the previous mentioned steps to save the area you want. You can now see the diferance.

Scott

Last edited:

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Thats one I've not used Scott and will be using quite a bit in the future:)
The method does have a drawback in that the "camera" button is greyed out if the Pdf is protected as some WSM's on a CD are, :( but not a problem for those in the know;)
Dave

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I ran into that problem when I joined OTT. Another problem I had was the picture size on my pics was to big. I caught a break on both these issues. Adobe Photo Deluxe will allow you to change the files from PDF to JPEG and resize them at the same time. I had never used this program before. I thought it was pretty cool. I'm kind of computer stupid. I've looked this sucker over from end to end and can't find anything that resembles a ignition switch. Oh well.

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Thats one I've not used Scott and will be using quite a bit in the future:)
The method does have a drawback in that the "camera" button is greyed out if the Pdf is protected as some WSM's on a CD are, :( but not a problem for those in the know;)
Dave
Hi Dave,
Those must be some pretty up tight people to lock out the capture mode. But like you said, there are still other options :D

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I've looked this sucker over from end to end and can't find anything that resembles a ignition switch. Oh well.
HA! it must have been a sad day when you realized there wasn't an ignition key on the computer :p

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:)traildust you are a very gifted man your work experiance on the aircrafts, very computer knowledgeable, electrical, hydraulics systems,etcThanks for all the post and explanations.We hope you stay around. I am sending you a pm.handy

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Very informative post, well done as usual! The reason we have PDFs disabled is because the average PDF can be 10-100x larger than a picture. It would gobble up server space pretty quickly.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
:)traildust you are a very gifted man your work experiance on the aircrafts, very computer knowledgeable, electrical, hydraulics systems,etcThanks for all the post and explanations.We hope you stay around. I am sending you a pm.handy

Handy, my good friend, thank you so very much for your generous statement but, alas, I am quite simply just a cog in the wheel.

I will make a deal with you. I will stay around as long as you do. Deal?

I have received your PM and I had a great day riding around on my tractor ;)

Handy, I hope you had a great day,

Scott

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Very informative post, well done as usual! The reason we have PDFs disabled is because the average PDF can be 10-100x larger than a picture. It would gobble up server space pretty quickly.

Mr. K, thank you!

I know I mentioned it before but when that server space and bandwith starts to take its monitory toll I, as well as many others, will be here for you. Mr. K, it's because of you and Vic that this great community has formed and friendships have been created that otherwise never would have.

Thank you,
Scott