Out of the hospital thank God

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Over the last few weeks I had tired easly and got winded , while helping the grandkids at the shooting range Monday I stood up and nearly hit the ground from being dizzy. The next day went to the doctor he took blood and sent it to the lab and the next day he called me an told me to get to emergency ASAP . My red blood count was very low it's suppose to be close to 13 and it was below 6 so after 2 days in the hospital and two blood transfusions G.I. test top to bottom it was found I have a hiatal hernia and a bleeding ulcer . Now I have to take Nexium and an iron pill every day and all should be ok. Thanks be to God for all the help I got at the hospital. Life and our health are a precious thing. I thank God for every day I have with my family . Take care of yourselves guys so we can all continue to enjoy our families , friends and orange tractors.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Wow, good to know you're doing OK. When something like that happens it sure puts a different perspective on what is REALLY important!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Over the last few weeks I had tired easly and got winded , while helping the grandkids at the shooting range Monday I stood up and nearly hit the ground from being dizzy. The next day went to the doctor he took blood and sent it to the lab and the next day he called me an told me to get to emergency ASAP . My red blood count was very low it's suppose to be close to 13 and it was below 6 so after 2 days in the hospital and two blood transfusions G.I. test top to bottom it was found I have a hiatal hernia and a bleeding ulcer . Now I have to take Nexium and an iron pill every day and all should be ok. Thanks be to God for all the help I got at the hospital. Life and our health are a precious thing. I thank God for every day I have with my family . Take care of yourselves guys so we can all continue to enjoy our families , friends and orange tractors.
I know what you mean BCBull as I have been taking Nexium, Iron, and Zantac for over 2 years now after they found my bleeding ulcer and GERD caused by taking such strong medicine for my AS that even with taking a drug to help prevent ulcers it still ate me up.
And guys, do not put off checking with a doctor for anything out of the normal as putting it off could cost you your life.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
[British voice on]Well glad your going to be bloody well all right[/voice off]

oh and pardun the pun

benben

Equipment
B7200 Hst with heated cabin
Dec 18, 2012
quebec canada
is this here theKubota webside or the health and welfare page ?
sorry I'm confuse now.

benben

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad that it was caught before it got worse, and it is correctable. Life is precious, short, and our lives affect others.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
is this here theKubota webside or the health and welfare page ?
sorry I'm confuse now.

benben
Hopefully, you are just joking.;)

This isn't a Kubota website, it is a forum group of people who share a common appreciation of Kubota's. Therefore, the focus is the people, who like Kubota tractors. Without people, there'd be no forum.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Glad to see you are on the mend. Shrugging off something ant thinking it will go away isnt always the case, like a stubbed toe.

Good the doctors figured it out, some arent so fortunate.

Codi

Equipment
Kubota B9200D bush hog, finish mower, carry all, box blade
Jan 17, 2016
Northern Kentucky

I hope your nexium helps your hernia and ulcer! I have heard those can be quite painful. And after things like that, you do tend to have a new appreciation for life and everything that goes with it. Life is fragile and its not a guarantee; it is gift from God that must be taken care of. I hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks for the cautionary tale... Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Your message is clear: As we age, it takes less and less to take us out. Pay attention to you body and if something isn't right, get it looked at.

Ray

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
aaaaaahh yes, the old go the hospital and go not pass go. Been there. One weeks in the hospital then Fentanyl, Prednisolone, Omeprazole and another I don't remember for 4 more weeks. Now I take Omeprazole 40 2xday. It does not get better by it self - trust me/us .

I am very glad you are going to be alright! You are definitely correct, family is the most important thing you have.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Thank you all for your kind words , it's so good to be home and surrounded by family . I'll be hanging out with the granddaughters today and then tomorrow it's back to the ranch to work on my fence project at least for a few hours. Thanks again guys and may God bless you with good health........Dan

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I've been through the wringer myself. Glad to know you caught it before it was too late. Being tough does not mean ignoring potentially serious issues. If something does not seem right, at the very least, discuss it with your family and friends. Better to over react and find out it was nothing than to under react and find out had you just done something about a few hours earlier, the outcome could of been much better.
Take care!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Glad your feeling better and they got it figured out.

I ended up being sick for a month before they got it figured out. Was going to a walk in clinic, and discovered they were a joke :rolleyes: Went to a local doc who my wife worked with. He asked one simple question. "How's the heart burn?" Put me on dexalant and within a couple days I was feeling much better. After 6 months I switched to omeprazole 40mg once a day to keep it in check. There wasn't a generic for the dexalant and the copay was outrageous :eek:

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Glad to hear you are on the mend. I have been one not to go to the Dr when I should and last year it caught up to me big time. It started about this time last year I started to get short winded and tired a lot. I let it go and in June I went for my checkup at the Doc's. The look on his face told me I was in trouble. I was sent straight to the heart Dr and there I was told I had 3 heart attacks and the next week I went in for heart surgey. This set off a series of things that I am still fighting yet. The dye used in the heat surgey affected my kidneys and I am fight toth and nail to stay off dialysis. So if anyone feels anything going wrong go to the DR

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"is this here theKubota webside or the health and welfare page ?
sorry I'm confuse now.

benben "

Benben, next time you need some help with your tractor, come here with this uninformed attitude and perhaps you'll be repaid in like manner.

As mentioned, this is "OFF TOPIC". So in this situation it is "health and welfare page", as chosen by the original poster.

Seems like you go through the forum reading, don't have a question, but complain about what someone else says/does.

If you're looking for something specific you can go to SEARCH and bypass everything else.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I'm glad to hear everything went well and you're on the mend. It truly is a cautionary tale especially for those with a few hard miles on them. I'm in my 60s and have had health issues for many years, but my brothers never paid too much attention to theirs; both have been in the hospital in the last year.

You just never know, you may feel great one minute and in the ER the next, take care and best wishes.

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Eight years ago I slipped and fell on the ice. I caught myself with my right arm and tore the rotator cup in my shoulder. During the pre-op exam they discovered I had prostate cancer. After the shoulder surgery I had the prostate surgery then radiation treatments. So far (knock on wood) I am cancer free. I had no symptoms of the cancer. It was a stroke of luck (If you can call it that) that I hurt my shoulder. When we start getting up there in years you begin to realize how fragile life really is.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
bcbull378,
I've had some serious stomach and intestinal issues threw the years, if your not feeling perfect or feel any of the symptoms reoccurring go back and see the Doc, it took me years to get the right combination of pills and antacids to control mine! ;)