Out of Commission!

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I wonder if my tractor misses me, I know I miss it. After shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago I have missed playing, I mean working with it. I still like to read and enjoy everyone else's experiences here on OTT. Tough on me to type with one hand though, and a left one at that. Just had to vent some.

Attachments

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
I'm sure it misses working as much as you do. I hope you heal up quick and return to excellent health.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Take it one day at a time my friend,, she will still be there waiting when you are ready

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wish you a speedy recovery.... left handed typing works for me....of course I do most stuff left-handed, including doing damage to my right hand with the left....:p

Again - - best wishes to get back in the saddle!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I know it sucks but doing what the doc says now will make your recovery go a lot faster and every once in a while it's good to have the wife spoil you. Speedy recovery my friend, it'll be over before you know it.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
bearbait, I know the game, had my left one done 8 years ago after a fall. A couple of things this time is the weather has been lousy so I'm not missing much and I'm right handed so things are difficult to do. Thanks for the well wishes.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Get well soon! Is the strategy of the snacks on the right side to keep you content, but slow to action?:D
D2cat, that's how I get my exercise, I have to get up to get them with my left hand. Thanks for the well wishes.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
mpmh, skeets, RCW, thank you all your well wishes, brightened my day!

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Keep that Coffee topped off with Bailey's and heal well.
You probably still type faster than I do, take care out there.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Jajiu,

Rest and heal up! Whatever you need to do can wait until you are 100%.

I broke a bone in my left foot five years ago. I have been so busy remodeling, I have not had time to get it looked at. This summer, I will have to make time but, for us in AZ, its our winter. I can take a month off to heal up. By then, you'll be all healed up!

Take care...

Ray

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Jajiu,
Give that wing time to heal up right. Don't try to push the recovery time and end up with long term problems.
We're not getting any younger and the recovery times seem to take longer.
Hope everything works out.
Regards,

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ray, if you broke it FIVE years ago don't you recon it's already healed up? Might not be set in a correct position, but I bet it's glued together!!:D

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. P.T. starts Thursday and I look at that as the road to recovery. Of course you know P. T. stands for pain and torture.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Len,

It was a tiny bone, one of the 200-odd bones in each foot. I was kneeling down, resting most of my body weight on the left foot, when I heard a snap that came up through my spine and rang between the ears. No pain. Next day, the foot was tender in one spot. Went to a podiatrist but she said, "Nah... you can put weight on it. You didn't break anything! You don't want to waste money on X-Rays do you?"

Fast forward five years and my body is doing a great job of expunging the bone from my body. Its just below the surface. You can feel it with your finger. When I work in my crappy work shoes (like I did for eight hours today) it's sore all night. Tomorrow I'll wear my fancy New Balance walking shoes and it will calm down for a day.

What weirds me is, the other end of the bone must be connected to something. In fact, there should be two connected ends somewhere in there with a break inbetween. This may call for an MRI.

Oh well. I could use a couple weeks off. :) Gotta get two major projects done first!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. P.T. starts Thursday and I look at that as the road to recovery. Of course you know P. T. stands for pain and torture.

Hopefully you will have a nice therapist. These days they are more into
treatments to reduce pain and swelling as well as exercises to stretch scar tissue and strengthen muscles. Fingers crossed it will go well.