only 25 days of diesel fuel left

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Kamala announced yesterday that one billion dollars will be wasted for electric school buses. Video
Did she use the very same children that were featured in her "space exploration" commercial? You know... the one featuring child actors from Canada? :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
based on the number of cars on the roads, and the huge numbers of diesel pickup trucks with most of the ones I see lifted, leveled, big tires, wheels, underglow, loud exhausts, tuned, chipped, deleted, etc, I can absolutely understand why we are in a shortage.

people don't know how to conserve apparently. Instead of making 15 trips a week to teh store for 1 item each time, stock up once a week and make ONE trip. Or instead of taking the rodents to the schoolhouse every day, they can ride the bus. "My kid ain't riding no bus"--would you believe how many times I've heard this? Too good to ride the bus or is there someone on the bus who might've hurt their feewings? I were a kid once too and I can tell you from my experience, it wasn't no fun at the time but I"m GLAD I was forced to ride those things with my peers. Much learned. A bus can carry up to I think 71 passengers on ONE bus, which might also be 71 cars sitting there idling with the heat or a/c on burning up gas or diesel, just SITTING there waiting to get closer to the drop off or pick up point. I've seen 'em sit there for HOURS waiting. Hours (yes no kidding!) sitting there in a giant SUV, burning up fuel while playing with the phone or surfing the net or whatever else they do while sitting there. It's nuts how many of them sit in front of the house between 0715 and 0830 in the morning and seems like 3x that many from about 1430 until 1545, they just sit there. And half of them don't live a half mile from the schoolhouse, since the town I live in is tiny. They can walk on nice days. Then once they get 'em picked up, and delivered to the house, they drive back to work for an hour, get off work, drive back home, pick the rodents up again, take em back to the school for soccer football baseball volleyball band golf or whatever practice, while they sit out in the parking lot idling and playing with the phone. Once done, drive a half mile the other way, get a loaf of bread, then go home, sleep and repeat. 5 days a week. On saturdays jump into the giant gas guzzling thing and deliver them to the ball games. Stay and watch? Nah, gotta go get gas again, I'll be right back.

The wasteful spending I see on a daily basis is mind-boggling. And the wasting of resources even more so. But we have become a society that never or rarely thinks about that, we think about what's good for us at that exact moment.

I know it's kind of off topic but when I moved I set a budget, and STICK to it--that also means once home from work, I don't go anywhere. Once a week, I'll go to the grocery store, stock up, get fuel if needed, also on the same trip get parts for whatever I'm working on, etc--all in one trip. I think if people would learn to do similar, they'd notice their monetary situation change. And possibly see a reduction in the cost of energy due to a little bit less demand.

On that note, if you use amazon, when you check out, look at the options. Most of us want it RFN (right freaking NOW) and choose that option. BUT if you look there's also the option of "amazon day delivery", which you get maybe one or two boxes with all the stuff you ordered, on ONE day (for me, it's friday). Easier to use, I know when the stuff's gonna be there, conserves cardboard, less trucks need to be on the road at the same time, saves amazon some money and that is potentially passed on to us, the consumer of goods. And lastly, they give me a little bit of a break on pricing by using amazon day delivery ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
clipped
based on the number of cars on the roads, and the huge numbers of diesel pickup trucks with most of the ones I see lifted, leveled, big tires, wheels, underglow, loud exhausts, tuned, chipped, deleted, etc, I can absolutely understand why we are in a shortage.
;)
The majority of the US population sucks at conservation.
Three ways to control it:
1. Make it incredible expensive.
2. Ration it like WWII
3. Use it ALL up and let our great great great grandkids figure it out.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

people don't know how to conserve apparently. Instead of making 15 trips a week to teh store for 1 item each time, stock up once a week and make ONE trip. Or instead of taking the rodents to the schoolhouse every day, they can ride the bus. "My kid ain't riding no bus"--would you believe how many times I've heard this? Too good to ride the bus or is there someone on the bus who might've hurt their feewings? I were a kid once too and I can tell you from my experience, it wasn't no fun at the time but I"m GLAD I was forced to ride those things with my peers. Much learned. A bus can carry up to I think 71 passengers on ONE bus, which might also be 71 cars sitting there idling with the heat or a/c on burning up gas or diesel, just SITTING there waiting to get closer to the drop off or pick up point. I've seen 'em sit there for HOURS waiting. Hours (yes no kidding!) sitting there in a giant SUV, burning up fuel while playing with the phone or surfing the net or whatever else they do while sitting there. It's nuts how many of them sit in front of the house between 0715 and 0830 in the morning and seems like 3x that many from about 1430 until 1545, they just sit there. And half of them don't live a half mile from the schoolhouse, since the town I live in is tiny. They can walk on nice days. Then once they get 'em picked up, and delivered to the house, they drive back to work for an hour, get off work, drive back home, pick the rodents up again, take em back to the school for soccer football baseball volleyball band golf or whatever practice, while they sit out in the parking lot idling and playing with the phone. Once done, drive a half mile the other way, get a loaf of bread, then go home, sleep and repeat. 5 days a week. On saturdays jump into the giant gas guzzling thing and deliver them to the ball games. Stay and watch? Nah, gotta go get gas again, I'll be right back.

The wasteful spending I see on a daily basis is mind-boggling. And the wasting of resources even more so. But we have become a society that never or rarely thinks about that, we think about what's good for us at that exact moment.

I know it's kind of off topic but when I moved I set a budget, and STICK to it--that also means once home from work, I don't go anywhere. Once a week, I'll go to the grocery store, stock up, get fuel if needed, also on the same trip get parts for whatever I'm working on, etc--all in one trip. I think if people would learn to do similar, they'd notice their monetary situation change. And possibly see a reduction in the cost of energy due to a little bit less demand.

On that note, if you use amazon, when you check out, look at the options. Most of us want it RFN (right freaking NOW) and choose that option. BUT if you look there's also the option of "amazon day delivery", which you get maybe one or two boxes with all the stuff you ordered, on ONE day (for me, it's friday). Easier to use, I know when the stuff's gonna be there, conserves cardboard, less trucks need to be on the road at the same time, saves amazon some money and that is potentially passed on to us, the consumer of goods. And lastly, they give me a little bit of a break on pricing by using amazon day delivery ;)
ALL so obvious to some of us!
Unfortunately, WE are from a different era!
Instant gratification is the current norm!

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
ALL so obvious to some of us!
Unfortunately, WE are from a different era!
Instant gratification is the current norm!
“Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.” From a book I rarely quote

I am tending to lean to instant gratification as I do not know how much more time I have.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just bought 5 gallons, I now have 180 days worth in inventory.
You apparently use as much diesel as I do........
But, we all do need to eat, and diesel is what keeps us fed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
"There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they do not know about it!" - Agent Kay, 'Men In Black'.

Mid-term elections also bring out all kinds a scare tactics.

Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I wouldn’t think anyone would take an anecdotal comment by a politician to be reliable medical advice…
Really? Are you saying that we cannot believe our 'leader' to tell us the truth, regardless of the subject matter? Should I believe anything he says?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Really? Are you saying that we cannot believe our 'leader' to tell us the truth, regardless of the subject matter? Should I believe anything he says?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Heard on the news this morning that it is now down to 23 days' supply. Just think what is going to happen when the store shelves start becoming empty since 70% of goods travel by diesel trucks. Trains and boats also run on diesel. The greenies wouldn't be able to charge their cars, because a lot of electrical currents are produced by diesel.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Every American and politician should be required to watch the entire 13 minutes....

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Around here, road diesel is getting harder to find. Some stations who typically have it, do not.

If it becomes extremely scarce, we have more issues than us not being able to run our Kubota tractors.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Around here, road diesel is getting harder to find. Some stations who typically have it, do not.
Sorry that you are having issues in your area. No issues around here at all.

Hopefully, it will help people realize the current course isn't working.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Heard on the news this morning that it is now down to 23 days' supply. Just think what is going to happen when the store shelves start becoming empty since 70% of goods travel by diesel trucks. Trains and boats also run on diesel. The greenies wouldn't be able to charge their cars, because a lot of electrical currents are produced by diesel.
We aren’t going to run out of diesel in the US. Diesel exports to other countries might slow down a bit.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
disinfectants
Sorry that you can't understand the difference in lies and thinking outside the box. For the record, alcohol can disinfect, and people regularly put it in their bodies. ;)

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

If it becomes extremely scarce, we have more issues than us not being able to run our Kubota tractors.
My limited understanding is the the southeast is having some supply issues. I don't know if that is where you are located, but what I have been reading it has the potential of effecting that region as they work through the issue(s).

The company speculated that the shortage could be generated from "poor pipeline shipping economies" and a historically low supply of diesel reserves.

"Poor pipeline shipping economics and historically low diesel inventories are combining to cause shortages in various markets throughout the Southeast," the company said. "These have been occurring sporadically, with areas like Tennessee seeing particularly acute challenges."

States that are expected to experience serious effects of the shortage include Maryland, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina. …

"Because conditions are rapidly devolving and market economics are changing significantly each day, Mansfield is moving to Alert Level 4 to address market volatility," Mansfield's press statement said.

The company continued, "Mansfield is also moving the Southeast to Code Red, requesting 72-hour notice for deliveries when possible to ensure fuel and freight can be secured at economical levels."