Of Course Its Snowing...

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
... tulips are coming up and I removed the snow blade from the BX yesterday. So far only flurries and nothing heavy in the forecast (yet).

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
... tulips are coming up and I removed the snow blade from the BX yesterday. So far only flurries and nothing heavy in the forecast (yet).
You need to watch out for them. They sneak up on you. :eek: I have 8" of them outside right now and they are still trying to get past me.:(

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
We had flurries and sleet in the Memphis area yesterday. Nice way to start spring. We wanted to get a few outside projects done, but the cold weather nixed that.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
We had 2-3" of white crap overnight. weird combination of fluffy and wet. Blower more plowed that threw it.

Would have left it melt (40 and rising already). But The Boss needed to go to work this morning and our driveway is a sledding hill that ends at the road.

Do want to get the blower off and FEL on to start the yard work.

LovesDauphins

Equipment
L2250D, FEL
May 12, 2015
Relay, Maryland, USA
Don't that figure?

Was snowing at the house and didn't lay....drove to my grandparents house 25 minutes away and watched it snow up to inch...drove back home and nothing had accumulated. ..snowed and flurried through last night with nothing...thankfully upper 40's today and upper 50's tomorrow. Can't wait until the tulips are coming up! Bring Spring.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...=42.6373&textField2=-84.5256&e=1#.VvB2CYy3PMJ

Depends on which part of MI you live in :( I also took off the back blade and put the rake on, so I hope it slides further north (sorry Grouse Feathers).

Check out the map linked to under "more" and also the Discussion linked at the bottom. The weather guys in Grand Rapids are quite interesting...

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
I won't put kubbie into spring mode until May hits. There she sits in the garage with snow blower and rear salt spreader until we are 100% sure no suprise snow storms coming in april or even may!

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I would keep it in winter mode until Memorial Weekend! Summer seems to start later each year in MN.

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Yep they are talking probably 4-6 here Wednesday night. I'm sure it will be wet, took off the blower a couple weeks ago, but the FEL will work just fine.

Mike

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...=42.6373&textField2=-84.5256&e=1#.VvB2CYy3PMJ

Depends on which part of MI you live in :( I also took off the back blade and put the rake on, so I hope it slides further north (sorry Grouse Feathers).

Check out the map linked to under "more" and also the Discussion linked at the bottom. The weather guys in Grand Rapids are quite interesting...
That's okay I expect it this far north in Michigan, but if I get all that snow it looks like you might be up to your axles in mud. I will take the snow over rain.:p:p:p

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
That's okay I expect it this far north in Michigan, but if I get all that snow it looks like you might be up to your axles in mud. I will take the snow over rain.:p:p:p
Your gonna be banned if you keep using those 3 and 4 letter words. We were lucky enough to get 5 inches yesterday and yes the blower is still on the tractor just incase.

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
This is what's coming in tomorrow Wednesday in Wisconsin. Of course we're in the 8-12 range... So much for Easter Egg hunts. I think I'll just leave them white.

Attachments

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Yeah we are in the death grips of winter also it only got up to 74 degrees to day after a low last night of 58 degrees. Weather like this is why my family has been farming Ca for 6 generations. We planted corn yesterday it'll be ready mid June.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I feel for you all that are still getting snow.
Normally I've still got snow up to my knees but not this year, it's raining like mad, but no snow or freezing weather luckily.

bcbull378,
Are you getting enough water to even grow anything?

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
This is what's coming in tomorrow Wednesday in Wisconsin. Of course we're in the 8-12 range... So much for Easter Egg hunts. I think I'll just leave them white.
Wednesday and Thursday it gets to Michigan, and I am in the middle of the 10" forecast. It probably would have missed me, but Sheepfarmer wished it North on us.:rolleyes: I would be mad, but so far this winter I think more snow has gone to Southern Michigan and we are well below average. Besides she may have it worse with the possibility of freezing rain.:eek: Sheepfarmer be careful driving on the ice.;)

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
We had bare ground last weekend so I dropped the snow blower that we never used all winter. Snowed for the last two days and blew it all in front of the garage doors. Hardly any snow anywhere else.

Guess I still have the bucket?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Wednesday and Thursday it gets to Michigan, and I am in the middle of the 10" forecast. It probably would have missed me, but Sheepfarmer wished it North on us.:rolleyes: I would be mad, but so far this winter I think more snow has gone to Southern Michigan and we are well below average. Besides she may have it worse with the possibility of freezing rain.:eek: Sheepfarmer be careful driving on the ice.;)
As I looked at the weather map last night I thought, you better be careful what you wish for you might get it :eek: I too would prefer snow to freezing rain! Maybe even that will be further north. I put out some grass seed last night since it was so warm and dry on Sunday I had run the landscape rake around the pasture and raked, spread the winter's worth of horse manure. Now that is optimism. :rolleyes:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Our weather man has a 100% accuracy record for correctly predictions a storms severity the day after it has passed. :cool: What more could you ask for.:rolleyes: As for olblue, she is always ready.:D

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
40 MPH winds and 8 to 12 inches of s#!+. Hard to move the white stuff with no frost in the ground. One wheel in the grass and you're landscaping. And gravel, "forget about it"...

Attachments