North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
if there was
I emailed them again, this time with proof of the hours when they dropped it off. It was forwarded to manager and he wrote a check. Not quite the difference between new and trade in, but I consider it fair.
Little to no wear on anything, it's very possible someone just left the key on and ran up the hours!

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I hope it is reasonable and all works out. Regardless, 37 hrs is really nothing, but it’s the point/premise. In the grand scheme that amount of wear really is negligible from long term ownership. Read your manual….Check all your fluid levels wheel bolt torques etc and enjoy the tractor and share some pics.

Reactions: 1 user

TonyinTexas

Equipment
L4060 with loader, backhoe, box blade
Nov 7, 2023
Texas
if there was

Little to no wear on anything, it's very possible someone just left the key on and ran up the hours!
Hours run up from key in ignition not running? Thats news to me, dang. Could have happened in the shop then.. ut was there for 2 weeks putting the rear remotes on, backhoe frame ect

TonyinTexas

Equipment
Nov 7, 2023
Texas
I hope it is reasonable and all works out. Regardless, 37 hrs is really nothing, but it’s the point/premise. In the grand scheme that amount of wear really is negligible from long term ownership. Read your manual….Check all your fluid levels wheel bolt torques etc and enjoy the tractor and share some pics.
Right, Ya it was more about the point for me. Along with making sure it was treated well from the very start. Its currently in for 50 hr service then ill recheck everything. That dealer is very professional and a very friendly environment. I'm happy they resolved it quickly and without fuss.

Context to 2 of the oics pics, still cleaning up from the tornado and getting things where i want em

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
if there was

if there was

You have peaked my curiosity on the newer tractors time running the clock KOEO. Seems the only plausible explanation.

This would be like 8 tanks of fuel to run that long. Oil color, tie rod boot paint, and tires would be good indicators of any use. There is only one time the oil is crystal clear on a diesel.

Looks very new from the pictures.

Glad to hear the dealer made right

TonyinTexas

Equipment
Nov 7, 2023
Texas
You have peaked my curiosity on the newer tractors time running the clock KOEO. Seems the only plausible explanation.

This would be like 8 tanks of fuel to run that long. Oil color, tie rod boot paint, and tires would be good indicators of any use. There is only one time the oil is crystal clear on a diesel.

Looks very new from the pictures.

Glad to hear the dealer made right
Right, i think that is what happened. If you're really curious, here's another couple pictures taken under 50 hrs. I didn't see any wear at all

Attachments

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Right, i think that is what happened. If you're really curious, here's another couple pictures taken under 50 hrs. I didn't see any wear at all

Nice machine!

Did you opt for the wider mx series front r4 tires? They are slightly taller, but fine by kubota's calculations on L/MX tractors. Not many people know that combo works.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Hours run up from key in ignition not running? Thats news to me, dang. Could have happened in the shop then.. ut was there for 2 weeks putting the rear remotes on, backhoe frame ect
I'm pretty sure it has to be running, not just key on.

TonyinTexas

Equipment
Nov 7, 2023
Texas
Nice machine!

Did you opt for the wider mx series front r4 tires? They are slightly taller, but fine by kubota's calculations on L/MX tractors. Not many people know that combo works.
Thank you!

I had no idea about that! I did have them switch from R1 to R4. I did say i want as wide as possible. For all I know, they are the MX series wheels.

I tried to get R14s but we couldn't find them with the same wheel dimensions as R4 within their supplier network. No regrets though, R4s are doing well

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Mine had (I think) < 1.0hr on it when it rolled up the driveway on a trailer.

ie: It was "new".

37 is NOT new. It's 6-12 months casual use.(depending)

Hopefully the previous owner didn't break anything that'll haunt you down the road.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
While 37 hrs isn't a lot..... HOW the tractor was operated during that time IS important. Something we'll neve rknow.
If it runs fine..really no harm done. But I'd expect dealer to pickup the tab for the 50hr service. it was part of the deal I made 5 years, 1133 hrs ago.....

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I got tired of reading all the responses from folks who are incensed over this but have no skin in the game.

Tony: Fact is… You went and looked at the tractor Before it was shipped to your dealer and you chose to purchase it …right..?

Then it arrived at your dealer …. and you had every opportunity to look at it again before purchase….and you still chose to buy it…. right…?

And AFTER you’ve got it home…you suddenly have so much “buyers remorse” as go on the WWW to complain about what YOU ALREADY ADMITTED ..that you “Assumed”…. (there’s that word agan))… and hope that YOUR ASSUMPTION provides you with an excuse to have “buyers remorse” …and go online to cast dispersions on a Dealer.…WHO WROTE YOU A CHECK to compensate you for your carelessness/malfeasance… which you presumably accepted… ??

Kinda perfidious behavior on your part..heh?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
3,7 hours could be new. 37 is used. This isn't the first thread that I've read like this- it baffles me.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Ridiculous word choice aside, the problem is resolved and you responded after it was done. See post #20. ;)
I read #20 before posting.

The word chosen was in reference to the fact he agreed to purchase it having had every opportunity to inspect and refuse it…but later deciding …(with the encouragement of people who jumped on a bandwagon in which they have no investment)… to complain about being cheated…even AFTER having been paid compensation…..yet still implying the dealer had somehow cheated him.

Defn: If someone accuses you of being perfidious, — it means underhanded, deceitful, or less than forthright.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I'm pretty sure it has to be running, not just key on.
No, if the key is in the run position the hour meter will continue to run. I saw a BX22 tractor that never left the dealership with over 1000 hours on it. Everything appeared new except for the hour meter. Someone left the key in the run position while it was on the lot and no one noticed and it only stopped when the battery went dead. I believe that the dealership put a new hour meter into the dash before the sale.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Defn: If someone accuses you of being perfidious, — it means underhanded, deceitful, or less than forthright.
What's the definition of being a dick? How about accusing someone of being "underhanded, deceitful, or less than forthright" when they've come here looking for clarity or advice without any evidence of being any of those things.

If you have additional information to share to make the case against @TonyinTexas then put up or else shut up!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
What's the definition of being a dick? How about accusing someone of being "underhanded, deceitful, or less than forthright" when they've come here looking for clarity or advice without any evidence of being any of those things.

If you have additional information to share to make the case against @TonyinTexas then put up or else shut up!
I addressed Tony directly in my #32 post. You’re just being one of those on the bandwagon.

Last edited:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I read #20 before posting.

The word chosen was in reference to the fact he agreed to purchase it having had every opportunity to inspect and refuse it…
It's kind of unlikely you knew the problem was resolved given the wording in your post. But, let's say you did.

That only means your post was more in left field. The dealer and OP worked it out. It has nothing to do with the rest of us. You thinking your opinion matters in this case is narcissistic, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
It's kind of unlikely you knew the problem was resolved given the wording in your post. But, let's say you did.

That only means your post was more in left field. The dealer and OP worked it out. It has nothing to do with the rest of us. You thinking your opinion matters in this case is narcissistic, right?
If you re-read my post completely…you’ll see I even mentioned the check the dealer wrote him . Perhaps you missed that.

• Dislike