New forums live! Post feedback, comments, questions or issues here!

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Things to be aware of: Avatar images may no longer be centered.

I was able to center my Avatar, When I clicked on the avatar in the change avatar screen, it changed the cursor and I was able to move the image.

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
Ok, sounds like progress. Let me see about your post edit settings here...
Went into my settings and didn’t see a “setting” to allow edit. Looked high and low on my recent post and I don’t see a edit button, unless I’m missing it?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Went into my settings and didn’t see a “setting” to allow edit. Looked high and low on my recent post and I don’t see a edit button, unless I’m missing it?
Mmmm nope. I think you've found a bug. Let me adjust these permission settings a bit. Once this is fixed you should see "Edit" at the bottom of your post. Give me a sec here.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Pictures post super easy (just initiated a thread on cutting hay which I've been doing all day and I jumped the gun on the 'lifetime member thing, I'll standby on that. So far looks good but then I'm very familiar with this software.

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
Mmmm nope. I think you've found a bug. Let me adjust these permission settings a bit. Once this is fixed you should see "Edit" at the bottom of your post. Give me a sec here.
It’s fixed! Left lower side of post has 3 vertical dots, click and edit appears!
thanks Mr.K

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Everywhere I click it says " an account upgrade is required to view this post" I can't see your posts above this box.

Ok now I can see posts. Thank you. Will take a while to get used to the rest. Is there someplace to change preferred view? Print a little small for my taste.
Agreed with you on the font size. Updated it a larger font across the site to more closely match the font size we had before. Little easier to read?

UPDATE: You can adjust the font size yourself larger or smaller if you'd like. Simply navigate to preferences (https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/account/preferences). The default font size is "medium".

Last edited:

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Things to be aware of: Avatar images may no longer be centered.

I was able to center my Avatar, When I clicked on the avatar in the change avatar screen, it changed the cursor and I was able to move the image.
Ok, good to know that functionality is working as expected. Thanks for testing that out.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
How do we access all the images that we have uploaded in the past? Sometimes I reuse images that I had upload before to reply to new posts by others.

Also, how do you ignore someone?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
How do we access all the images that we have uploaded in the past? Sometimes I reuse images that I had upload before to reply to new posts by others.
Hmmm, let me look into this and get back to you. This might be covered by the media gallery upgrade we have planned.

Also, how do you ignore someone?
Ahh, making friends already. If you hover over someone's username, a mini profile popup will appear. On that popup at the bottom is an option to ignore.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Seems to be working fine for me!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I just tried in the Off Topic to upload a photo to see if that part of the site has improved. The photo was rejected. Then I cropped it. Uploaded it, still was rejected as to big.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
tromping around checking it all out. testing some things..

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
reply controls are good, edit functions look good....

whats the difference between whats new & new posts? (they are side x side on my screen)

Oh & is there something different from lifetime member now? it said i didnt have enough privs to see something a minute ago.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Ive seen forum "migrations" go very badly sideways, but you guys did a really great job moving this place over and updating the features, it looks great! Very clean and easy to use, more efficient.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Maybe I'm not seeing it, but the little window that takes you to the last post made on a thread seems to be missing?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Maybe I'm not seeing it, but the little window that takes you to the last post made on a thread seems to be missing?
If you touch or click on the field on the right that says "x minutes" it will go to the last post. Careful if you miss, you go to poster's profile.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
OK, it is a bit cumbersome but it worked. Thanks.

My Dad had a favorite saying; "It's good to know but it is better to understand".