Groove your R4 tires, you will like them a lot more.
I wore out 3 sets on my old NH in 20 years.Funny, but yesterday I made a call to talk to a salesman at a place I called some months ago when my son in law was shopping for his BX23S.
Talked briefly about tires. His comment stuck with me. “Whatever tires you buy you will probably not wear them out in twenty years anyway ...”
Maybe I am suffering from overthink!
This stuck out to me and it dawned on me is spot on. I am needing new tires. I went from turfs, to R4's. R4's didn't last long which I was disappointed in.I guess the best answer is - what are you going to be doing 90% of the time - and suffer through the other 10%
Trail, I also am curious, as the R4 tires on my B2910 at 18 years are still in great shape after 1800 hours, and the AG tires on my BX are in great shape too, after 1200+ hours. The BX tires are foam filled.D2 - Not sure if this makes a difference, but I should add I keep my BX outside. It sits under an elevated deck, but is pretty much in the elements. That said, rear R4's lasted about 4 years. Both started showing a lot of wear and tear in side walls, then one had a slow leak, which turned put to be side walls.
It is my first set of R4's and seemed unusual, and from what you wrote, probably is. Not sure why this happened.
Well reading these posts are discouraging when it comes to my tires.Trail, I also am curious, as the R4 tires on my B2910 at 18 years are still in great shape after 1800 hours, and the AG tires on my BX are in great shape too, after 1200+ hours. The BX tires are foam filled.
How many hours did you put on your BX in those 4 years when the R4 tires failed? Was it mostly on pavement? Where did you buy the tires? Off brand or well know brand?
Curiosity speaks here!