Lights, Camera, Action

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Some of you who have watched my video's would have noticed some flashing L.E.D. lights mounted on the back of my snow blower. I'm a firm believer that the more lights you have on a vehicle the better the chance you'll be seen. The same rule applies to my tractor.
This tractor is used on some very busy streets in less than ideal weather conditions so I figured I would add a few lights to the snow blower. Rather than just post a few pictures it was just as easy to do a short video and that way you could all get to see them working. It will also give you a glimpse on how I do some of the things that I do. Hope you enjoy it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pmclZRuY3U&feature=channel_page

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Wow~, It look alike UFO~~~ in the movie~!:D:D:D
You did fantastic job for all those thing.
I was sooooo busy for a while, including a hang over too...:eek:
So, I couldn't reply all those your post YET. but I just dropped my JAW~!!!

Joe.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Brother I'd hate to be the one to burst your bubble, and don't get me wrong you do an awesome job at making things. But you could have purchased those LED light boxes and have saved yourself a little bit of time. I don't know if price wise its any cheaper to buy or build your own, then for some folks it takes out the personal touches of customizing. Just trying to save you some precious time so you can spend more of it in the seat of the tractor.

Check out www.awdirect.com for those housing boxes, lights and all kinds of cool toys you might want. They are a supplier of tools and equipment for the wrecker and recovery industry but they also have so many useful items for other things.

Wildfire

Equipment
Brother I'd hate to be the one to burst your bubble, and don't get me wrong you do an awesome job at making things. But you could have purchased those LED light boxes and have saved yourself a little bit of time. I don't know if price wise its any cheaper to buy or build your own, then for some folks it takes out the personal touches of customizing. Just trying to save you some precious time so you can spend more of it in the seat of the tractor.

Check out www.awdirect.com for those housing boxes, lights and all kinds of cool toys you might want. They are a supplier of tools and equipment for the wrecker and recovery industry but they also have so many useful items for other things.
OK lets size this up. You can't buy them exactly like the ones I built. If I did buy just the box's I would still have to mig the lip on them to get them to mount to the blower like they do plus they still had to be painted. Remember. I live on an island so IF I decided to buy the box's I would have to order them. That would take 3-4 weeks to get them and still have to modify them to make them fit plus the cost of the item's and there shipping. I did it the least expensive way.
Doing it myself took a few hours in one evening and there on the machine the next day and that included doing the video. :D

PS. Thanks for the link. I'm bookmarking that!

Last edited:

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Some of you who have watched my video's would have noticed some flashing L.E.D. lights mounted on the back of my snow blower. I'm a firm believer that the more lights you have on a vehicle the better the chance you'll be seen. The same rule applies to my tractor.
This tractor is used on some very busy streets in less than ideal weather conditions so I figured I would add a few lights to the snow blower. Rather than just post a few pictures it was just as easy to do a short video and that way you could all get to see them working. It will also give you a glimpse on how I do some of the things that I do. Hope you enjoy it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pmclZRuY3U&feature=channel_page
AWESOME Wildfire!!!!!

Is it hard to learn how to MIG?

Is the equipment expensive?

Wildfire

Equipment
AWESOME Wildfire!!!!!

Is it hard to learn how to MIG?

Is the equipment expensive?

Thank you. To tell the truth mig is about the easiest way to weld. The equipment can cost more than your regular arc welder but you get what you pay for. I use all Miller equipment and always have in my business. I won't say it's the best around but it's never let me down and it's made in the USA.

With mig you can go with two systems. One you can use a wire in the wire feed system that requires no gas. It's called flux core. I use that in windy conditions when I'm welding mobile. Flux core is splattery and I really don't like using it much plus it's more expensive by the roll to purchase.

With solid core mig with you need a shielding gas in the form of a bottle that attaches to the machine. As soon as you pull the trigger the gas flows and as the wire burns the gas keeps the oxygen away from the metal so you'll have a great looking weld proving your metal is clean.

If your going to be welding old rusted thick metal there's nothing that's more reliable than an old AC DC arc welding machine. There inexpensive to buy and last for years with little or no maintenance. There a little harder to use but once you get use to it youèll appreciate it more each time you use it.

To choose a welding machine you need to figure out how much you want to spend. the type of metal and the thickness of the metal you will be wanting to weld. The rest is just practice, practice, practice.

A little bit of advise. Stay away from Chinese built welding equipment and go on Youtube and search Arc welding, Mig welding and you'll learn allot in a short time. If you have any other questions feel free to email me or just post on here and I'd be happy to help you out. Hope this helps. Paul

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010

Thank you. To tell the truth mig is about the easiest way to weld. The equipment can cost more than your regular arc welder but you get what you pay for. I use all Miller equipment and always have in my business. I won't say it's the best around but it's never let me down and it's made in the USA.

With mig you can go with two systems. One you can use a wire in the wire feed system that requires no gas. It's called flux core. I use that in windy conditions when I'm welding mobile. Flux core is splattery and I really don't like using it much plus it's more expensive by the roll to purchase.

With solid core mig with you need a shielding gas in the form of a bottle that attaches to the machine. As soon as you pull the trigger the gas flows and as the wire burns the gas keeps the oxygen away from the metal so you'll have a great looking weld proving your metal is clean.

If your going to be welding old rusted thick metal there's nothing that's more reliable than an old AC DC arc welding machine. There inexpensive to buy and last for years with little or no maintenance. There a little harder to use but once you get use to it youèll appreciate it more each time you use it.

To choose a welding machine you need to figure out how much you want to spend. the type of metal and the thickness of the metal you will be wanting to weld. The rest is just practice, practice, practice.

A little bit of advise. Stay away from Chinese built welding equipment and go on Youtube and search Arc welding, Mig welding and you'll learn allot in a short time. If you have any other questions feel free to email me or just post on here and I'd be happy to help you out. Hope this helps. Paul

Thanks Wildfire!!!

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010

Your welcome my friend. So, how much welding did you do today :D
Not as much as I would like to do.

I am trying to figure out which welder will be the best "overall" welder. If there is such a thing.

There are so many little projects that I could do right now...