40 miles south of Kansas City
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Can't help but think he is looking for an early "retirement"...

I was in the military...I know you have to follow orders...we did not question, just took whatever shots they gave us...I remember some kind of pneumatic gun that injected you without needles...one guy after the other...not sure they sanitized anything between shots...

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
His career is about to go south. Probably find him ending his time as Andy Griffith said in No Time For Sergeants, permenate latrine orderly

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
There are folks who think they have a moral and intellectual superiority. A bit of satire and humor usually exposes them.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
His career is about to go south. Probably find him ending his time as Andy Griffith said in No Time For Sergeants, permenate latrine orderly
If you read the article, you’ll know that the head of the Department of Defense can’t give him an order. That’s the Joint Chiefs of Staff. My bet is he knows exactly what he said, and there is a reason why the milary and civilians are separate.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
12 questions/answers to help determine the value of getting vaccinated:

1. "If I get vaccinated, can I stop wearing a mask(s)?" Government: "NO"

2. "If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal? Government: "NO"

3. "If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?" Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."

4. "If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?" Government: "NO. The vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."

5. "If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?" Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."

6. "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?" Government: "NO"

7. "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?" Government: "NO"

8. "So, what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?" Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."

9."Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?" Government: "NO"

10. "If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated? "Government: "To protect others."

11. "So, if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with" Government: "NO"

12. "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacturer or the Government" Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufacturers have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You may know a bunch of doctors that are morons, I do not know a single one. I know about a dozen very well and they are all quite smart.

The doctors I know are not political policy "doctors", the ones I know work on people every day. Several of them are working with patients with covid and are quite up to date on things.

So is it your contention that doctors that don't get the vaccine are morons, and the ones that do are smart? That is how what you wrote reads.
That's not what I meant if that's how it came across. There are very smart doctors and nurses choosing to get vaccinated and many smart doctors and nurses choosing not to get vaccinated. My point was that doctors range from brilliant and hard working to dumb and lazy with everything in between. There are tens of thousands of doctors in this country that haven't learned anything in years, and many that are on the cutting edge. If you think that all doctors are really bright and informed you'd be wrong.

There were 985,000 licensed doctors practicing in the US in 2018 so you know 0.00001% of practicing doctors and maybe all 12 that you know are brilliant, but John Hopkins estimates that more than 250,000 patients die each year as a result of medical malpractice, third only to heart attacks and cancer in terms of the leading causes of death. John Hopkins is the lowest estimate with many other estimates putting those numbers in excess of 400,000 per year.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
That's not what I meant if that's how it came across. There are very smart doctors and nurses choosing to get vaccinated and many smart doctors and nurses choosing not to get vaccinated. My point was that doctors range from brilliant and hard working to dumb and lazy with everything in between. There are tens of thousands of doctors in this country that haven't learned anything in years, and many that are on the cutting edge. If you think that all doctors are really bright and informed you'd be wrong.

There were 985,000 licensed doctors practicing in the US in 2018 so you know 0.00001% of practicing doctors and maybe all 12 that you know are brilliant, but John Hopkins estimates that more than 250,000 patients die each year as a result of medical malpractice, third only to heart attacks and cancer in terms of the leading causes of death. John Hopkins is the lowest estimate with many other estimates putting those numbers in excess of 400,000 per year.
WOW I don't even know where to start.

So just under a million doctors in the US and they are killing more people yearly than Covid and that should make us all feel better when "they" say take this new experimental gene therapy? I would put those numbers up with the reasons NOT to take it, just sayin'.

Still, I don't know any stupid doctors but I do know several that will not take the current vaccine.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Ya'll know 50% of all Dr.s were in the lower 1/2 of their graduating class ?

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I guess the same sentiment applies. “Let em DIE”. They made a conscious decision to get the shot, let them suffer the consequences.
I will shed no tears for sheep that follow the herd and get culled out of society.

“Though it is evident vaccination still provides powerful protection against the virus, there’s growing concern that vaccinated people may be more vulnerable to serious illness than previously thought.”

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I guess the same sentiment applies. “Let em DIE”. They made a conscious decision to get the shot, let them suffer the consequences.
I will shed no tears for sheep that follow the herd and get culled out of society.

“Though it is evident vaccination still provides powerful protection against the virus, there’s growing concern that vaccinated people may be more vulnerable to serious illness than previously thought.”

As was discussed further back in the thread, that title is misleading. The quoted article is about two recent data sets: the immunity to Covid after vaccination slowly wanes with time, and the vaccines appears to be somewhat less effective against the Delta variant.

So the people that are "worried" are the ones who were vaccinated first who were susceptible to severe illness DUE TO COVID because of their age or underlying health conditions. Old people mount a less effective immune response to vaccination in general. So as the more contagious delta variant spreads, many of the folks vaccinated first are disappointed because they have to take precautions AGAINST CATCHING COVID again. Their risk is much lower than the unvaccinated, but greater than when they were first vaccinated 6 months ago.

So wrong sheep.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
WOW I don't even know where to start.

So just under a million doctors in the US and they are killing more people yearly than Covid and that should make us all feel better when "they" say take this new experimental gene therapy? I would put those numbers up with the reasons NOT to take it, just sayin'.

Still, I don't know any stupid doctors but I do know several that will not take the current vaccine.
John Hopkins and others provide data on this and you can interpret the data any way you wish and that's what many will do. I think it's pretty clear that my point is not to look to doctors in hospitals or clinics for advice on whether to get vaccinated or not. We're all free to make our own decisions based on our own internal decision matrix. I want to stick around for a few more years so that I can enjoy my new Kubota tractors and will try to accomplish that.

Good luck to everyone regardless of which side of the fence you're on.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
One thing we all seem to agree on is it is up to each of us to make our own decisions.

But it doesn't seem to stop there. Many of us want to convince others that they should either do something, or if they did it, it may have not been the best choice. My take on it is either people have a concern for others, or want to justify their own decision.

There are also some who find it difficult not to react to what they see as false information being presented. And react by questioning or providing what they believe is the actual truth. With the reaction to that being more counter information being presented, and so it goes.

It may take decades before either assessment is proven to be correct. And proven is going to be a matter of definition, as nothing is ever 100 percent one way or the other.

So maybe its time to stay with what we nearly all agree on: Its up to each of us to make our own decisions...

Everything else ends up being mud in the water...

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct

Exactly the sentiments of this Darwin example:

Josephine Harvey
Fri, August 27, 2021

A Texas man who helped organize protests against pandemic restrictions is fighting for his life after being hospitalized for nearly a month with COVID-19, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported.
His wife, Jessica Wallace, wrote Wednesday on Facebook that she had a “heartbreaking update” about her husband, Caleb.
“He’s not doing good. It’s not looking in our favor,” she said. “His lungs are stiff due to the fibrosis. They called and said they’ve run out of options for him and asked if I would consent to a do not resuscitate. And it would be up to us when to stop treatments.”
“My heart just can’t. I can’t imagine my life without him.”
Caleb Wallace, a 30-year-old father of three, has been unconscious, ventilated and heavily sedated in the ICU at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo since Aug. 8, the Standard-Times reported. His wife said on a GoFundMe page for household and medical bills that he was was intubated multiple times, had high fevers, infection and bleeding in his chest.
In July 2020, Caleb Wallace reportedly helped organize a “freedom rally” that billed itself as a protest against the “government being in control of our lives.” He also founded the San Angelo Freedom Defenders, which hosted a separate rally last year to “end COVID tyranny.”
In a video from one of the group’s events featuring Wallace and another organizer, attendees had signs saying “all jobs are essential” and “open Texas.”
He wrote a letter in April to the San Angelo Independent School District that was published by a local news outlet. In it, he demanded that the school district “rescind ALL COVID-related policies immediately” and falsely claimed that wearing masks had harmful effects on children and that there was “little evidence that masks worked for anyone.”

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Exactly the sentiments of this Darwin example:

Josephine Harvey
Fri, August 27, 2021

A Texas man who helped organize protests against pandemic restrictions is fighting for his life after being hospitalized for nearly a month with COVID-19, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported.
His wife, Jessica Wallace, wrote Wednesday on Facebook that she had a “heartbreaking update” about her husband, Caleb.
“He’s not doing good. It’s not looking in our favor,” she said. “His lungs are stiff due to the fibrosis. They called and said they’ve run out of options for him and asked if I would consent to a do not resuscitate. And it would be up to us when to stop treatments.”
“My heart just can’t. I can’t imagine my life without him.”
Caleb Wallace, a 30-year-old father of three, has been unconscious, ventilated and heavily sedated in the ICU at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo since Aug. 8, the Standard-Times reported. His wife said on a GoFundMe page for household and medical bills that he was was intubated multiple times, had high fevers, infection and bleeding in his chest.
In July 2020, Caleb Wallace reportedly helped organize a “freedom rally” that billed itself as a protest against the “government being in control of our lives.” He also founded the San Angelo Freedom Defenders, which hosted a separate rally last year to “end COVID tyranny.”
In a video from one of the group’s events featuring Wallace and another organizer, attendees had signs saying “all jobs are essential” and “open Texas.”
He wrote a letter in April to the San Angelo Independent School District that was published by a local news outlet. In it, he demanded that the school district “rescind ALL COVID-related policies immediately” and falsely claimed that wearing masks had harmful effects on children and that there was “little evidence that masks worked for anyone.”
While I shed no tears for this particular person, I do feel sadness for his wife, and hope she does not suffer the same fate.

But more importantly, there is still a chance he could pull through...have to hope so for the sake of others who love the guy...

Fastball

Equipment
L2900, rear blade, finish mower, 200l sprayer, landscape rake
Feb 9, 2017
North Okanagan, British Columbia
12 questions/answers to help determine the value of getting vaccinated:

1. "If I get vaccinated, can I stop wearing a mask(s)?" Government: "NO"

2. "If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal? Government: "NO"

3. "If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?" Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."

4. "If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?" Government: "NO. The vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."

5. "If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?" Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."

6. "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?" Government: "NO"

7. "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?" Government: "NO"

8. "So, what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?" Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."

9."Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?" Government: "NO"

10. "If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated? "Government: "To protect others."

11. "So, if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with" Government: "NO"

12. "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacturer or the Government" Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufacturers have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug.

So what’s your point? Are you looking for certainties and guarantees? There are none in life. Most of us who have reached adulthood have accepted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.