Status
Not open for further replies.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
H1N1 was a lot different than this. 600,000+ Americans have died. God bless you and your unvaccinated family.
You say it was a lot different, but do you really know? The media covered it completely different, and there wasn’t an extreme political goal to make Covid seem as bad as possible.

Btw, you are making an assumption about whether I or my family are vaccinated or not. If you haven’t figured this out, for many of us, it’s not about us.

Finally, it’s pretty obvious that something other than science is in play.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don't see what the big deal is with getting a shot or two.
It’s pretty simple for many people. They are nearly 100% sure they will survive Covid. They have no idea if they will survive the vaccine and the side effects or not.

Reactions: 2 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
H1N1 was a lot different than this. 600,000+ Americans have died. God bless you and your unvaccinated family. Science is what has lead humanity to its current prosperous standing. People ,particularly in the USA , live better today than most humans have over the entire course of human existence. Great advancements in science and technology are the reason. Spend some time reading about Moderna the creator of one of the vaccines. Amazing science. Science was the reason we won WW2 as well.
Modernas only commercial product is the covid 19 vaccine, not very reassuring.

Reactions: 1 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
It’s pretty simple for many people. They are nearly 100% sure they will survive Covid. They have no idea if they will survive the vaccine and the side effects or not.
Having earned a large percentage of my income over the last 20 years speculating and handicapping odds I feel getting the vaccine is a no-brainer. Risk/reward/odds I will take that trade all day long.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Lets take a look at Ivermectin, an inexpensive drug used in various countries for reduction or elimination of covid symptoms.

The media and some Doctors shunned the idea of its use.

Africa, home to 1.3 billion people, 16% of the worlds population has ivermectin used extensively in the population and has under 6.2 million cases. That’s 328 cases per million people. And 155k deaths.

Compared to USA with 1/4 the population and almost 35m cases, over 105k cases per million people and 625k deaths

Fastball

Equipment
L2900, rear blade, finish mower, 200l sprayer, landscape rake
Feb 9, 2017
North Okanagan, British Columbia
Lets take a look at Ivermectin, an inexpensive drug used in various countries for reduction or elimination of covid symptoms.

Africa, home to 1.3 billion people, 16% of the worlds population has ivermectin used extensively in the population and has under 6.2 million cases. That’s 328 cases per million people. And 155k deaths.

Compared to USA with 1/4 the population and almost 35m cases, over 105k cases per million people and 625k deaths
[/QUOTThen
By all means, let’s use something meant to treat intestinal parasites in livestock before considering a TAILOR MADE vaccine. There is not a shred of reputable evidence thatvsays it’s effective. And you’re using AFRICA as an example of medical progress? There are countries there that still have witchcraft laws on the books. If you have AIDS, sleeping (aka raping) a virgin is considered a cure. Please..,just stop. .

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Brought to you by the same science that brought thalidomide to pregnant mothers.

Just stop!

• Haha

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Broaden your horizons!

Not going to happen until his propagandist tells him it’s ok to read. ;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You say it was a lot different, but do you really know? The media covered it completely different, and there wasn’t an extreme political goal to make Covid seem as bad as possible.

Btw, you are making an assumption about whether I or my family are vaccinated or not. If you haven’t figured this out, for many of us, it’s not about us.

Finally, it’s pretty obvious that something other than science is in play.

Ivermectin has not entirely been dismissed out of hand as a useful treatment. There are a variety of studies, kind of a hodge podge since they are all different, and trying to make sense of them as a group is hard:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

Oops also posted above while I was reading.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Ivermectin has not entirely been dismissed out of hand as a useful treatment. There are a variety of studies, kind of a hodge podge since they are all different, and trying to make sense of them as a group is hard:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

Oops also posted above while I was reading.
For what it’s worth, my sister was treated for Covid in FL. Her dr gave her Ivermectin, but FL doesn’t follow the “rules”. Just bit more info, 6 of them all got Covid in TN and were all ages including the two super maskers. All recovered without major issues. One of them exposed her husband and 3 children, none showed symptoms.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
For what it’s worth, my sister was treated for Covid in FL. Her dr gave her Ivermectin, but FL doesn’t follow the “rules”. Just bit more info, 6 of them all got Covid in TN and were all ages including the two super maskers. All recovered without major issues. One of them exposed her husband and 3 children, none showed symptoms.
If I got Covid tomorrow, I think I would go looking for the monoclonal antibody treatment first, but that requires a supervised infusion, not necessarily easy to get. The drug itself is plentiful and free at the moment anyway. The next trial would be a controlled comparison between ivermectin and the mAb.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
There is a Dr. John Campbell in UK who has a few responses on YouTube. Here is a response to one of his links.

11 months ago

"Dr. Campbell, I'm an RN in a 2,200 bed hospital in the US. The Hcq issue has been odd from the beginning. It's a perfectly safe drug when used with common dose, using the same dosages you listed in the UK pharmacopedia. 200 mg to 400mg per day. I, myself had been previously on this dose years ago for scleroderma. I had no issues at all with it, even with my lung and heart issues. None. The HALFLIFE of Hcq is 22 DAYS. 22 DAYS! And that's with good liver and kidney. And it stays in your system for 3 MONTHS. I imagine possibly why long term doses can cause problems. The 800 +800+600 on the first day, then 400mg twice daily boggles the mind. They should be made to explain the reasons for their dosing in the studies. The potential prolonged qtc is common in many commonly used drugs, including the nausea med zofran, which we give all the time. And is DOSE RELATED. Just FYI, you would be surprised how many Drs here put themselves, their patients and their families on it here. That would be the 200 to 400mg daily. Hopefully you will get to the bottom of this. We are quite puzzled why it turned in to a political thing."

My sister lives in Mexico and the government promotes it's use. The pills, which I don't remember the size/volume cost less then $3. In the US, if they can be obtained, is $186 according to one report I got. The tube of zimectrin for animal use is around $10. I know several who have been using that inexpensive tube. One product from Canada actually has increments of 50# on the plunger.

CraigCZ

Equipment
Shovel…. For now.
Jun 17, 2021
Florida
The reality is not much happened on Jan 6. It was blown out of proportion by the same people who ignored cities burning all of last year.
I just moved away from the Seattle area this year and the city council didn’t just ignore it, some pretty much encouraged it.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I suggest you read more news reports about how hospitals are becoming so overwhelmed they can hardly deal with the new patients coming in, and are setting up overflow beds in places like parking garages, etc.
The news lies. This is pretty obvious to people who think.

I get my info from what my eyes see and my ears hear. You should try it.
My MIL is at a hospital currently. It wasn't anywhere near overcrowded, but it was struggling capacity-wise, due to staff shortages, not due to too many people. The doctor told her that was common in the area, and what was really happening when the news reports "hospitals are struggling".

Last week, Texas Tribune reported that "5800 children had been hospitalized during a 7 day period in August, according to the CDC". They subsequently issued a correction that the actual numbers were 783, between July 1 and August 9 (a 40-day period). Of course, none of the talking heads that jumped on the first 5800 report updated any of their reports.

I found a long time ago that if you want to know what's really going on, you have to dig.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed.
If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

- Mark Twain

Reactions: 2 users

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
My father fought in WWII. He’d never think it was your right to tell him or anyone else to wear a mask to make you feel good. He’d tell you to grow up.
My father also fought in WWII, and my mother endured the V2 bombings in England. They both would have been appalled at what we're seeing today from government.

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I respect everyone's decision for better or worse. I wish all well!

Seems like we cannot just stop trying to convince others they are wrong and we are right! Oh well...
I'm perfectly fine respecting someone else's decision, I just wish they would reciprocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.