Let'm die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Of course, the violent protests were all totally ok all over the country last year. It was ok to let them destroy all they wanted. Meanwhile, some of those that were at the Capitol are still in jail and yet to have a trial.

My father fought in WWII. He’d never think it was your right to tell him or anyone else to wear a mask to make you feel good. He’d tell you to grow up.

We had to fight the war because people in Germany went along with bad ideas, and believed the government propaganda just like some of you.
Before I was born, my dad spent over four years during WWII in China, India, Europe, and Northern Africa. But I can't put words in his mouth now that he is gone.

I can't help but think he would laugh his a$$ off when it comes to the mask thing. Do you really think that men who fought in foreign countries for years during WWII would care much about such an insignificant thing as mask wearing during a pandemic?

The real question is: Who is believing propaganda and who is believing actual facts?

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Of course, the violent protests were all totally ok all over the country last year. It was ok to let them destroy all they wanted. Meanwhile, some of those that were at the Capitol are still in jail and yet to have a trial.

My father fought in WWII. He’d never think it was your right to tell him or anyone else to wear a mask to make you feel good. He’d tell you to grow up.

We had to fight the war because people in Germany went along with bad ideas, and believed the government propaganda just like some of you.
Confronted with the current circumstances I am not sure anyone can say what a deceased veteran would have said or done. The is the first pandemic anyone alive today has faced.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
So anyway, most seem to want to call others out for not making the same decision as they did regarding the vaccination for the corona virus.

Maybe because they want to justify their personal decision, or maybe because they think it may be risky doing something different than they have done.

An aside is the mask thing. Much ado about nothing in my mind, but for some it is a major issue. Personally not sure why it is a big deal.

Aside from the fact that increased hospitalizations will likely drive up everyone's future health care costs, is there another reason to care if someone gets the vaccination or not, as far as that person's health goes? There are reasons to care, but only if you believe what is published, which many do not.

No doubt discussion is helpful, as other viewpoints can help us to solidify our decision, or maybe give food for thought that might cause us to move in a direction that is more beneficial to our well being.

Interestingly, few in this thread are willing to just say this was my decision, I respect yours, wish you well. We all live with our decisions, for better or worse.

How about we just try, like this:

I respect your decision for better or worse. I wish you well!

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Before I was born, my dad spent over four years during WWII in China, India, Europe, and Northern Africa. But I can't put words in his mouth now that he is gone.

I can't help but think he would laugh his a$$ off when it comes to the mask thing. Do you really think that men who fought in foreign countries for years during WWII would care much about such an insignificant thing as mask wearing during a pandemic?

The real question is: Who is believing propaganda and who is believing actual facts?

What do you think your dad would say ?

Just a couple of weeks to flatten the curve.

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Does your statement (I put in bold) more valid then anything you might get from the agencies you don;t get your info from?
Here is a link to a current summary of the adverse events data, at least the most serious events. The actual numbers and age groups are in a table. At the moment there are 3 side effects that worry people, two occur with the Janssen one shot vaccine, Guillain Barre syndrome and thrombosis (clotting) with thrombocytopenia, and the third, myocarditis (inflammation of heart muscle cells) occurs in the mRNA vaccines, the Pfizer and Moderna 2 shot vaccines. The numbers of people getting these problems ranged between 3 and 24 individuals per million of vaccinated people.

Committees meet weekly to review data in public meetings, meaning you could go if you wanted.

What you hear in the news are 25 words or less summaries of the data presented. Some summaries are better than others.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e4.htm

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What do you think your dad would say ?

Just a couple of weeks to flatten the curve.
Like I said, I can't put words in his mouth. But I would like to think he would say, sometimes we got to do what we got to do for the greater good. I mean, he lost four years of his life serving the country. Talk about loss of freedom!

I read the Australian news frequently. Part of the reason they are where they are is they did not act quickly on getting vaccinations available for the population.

Actually, I don't remember masks being an issue there like we make them here...or in the UK or New Zealand, or other places either. Other restrictions, perhaps somewhat.

Trying to look objectively from the outside in (impossible I know, but trying) it looks to me we are in a surge of virus infections, and that since most of the hospitalizations are unvaccinated people, we should be increasing the overall level of immunity within the country, even without increasing the vaccination rate. So we are moving in the right direction, even if there may be more suffering than might have been experienced otherwise.

CraigCZ

Equipment
Shovel…. For now.
Jun 17, 2021
Florida
As much as I dislike with what happened at the capitol I was not shocked or surprised with what happened. We had been letting it happen for about a year leading up to that point.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Like I said, I can't put words in his mouth. But I would like to think he would say, sometimes we got to do what we got to do for the greater good. I mean, he lost four years of his life serving the country. Talk about loss of freedom!

I read the Australian news frequently. Part of the reason they are where they are is they did not act quickly on getting vaccinations available for the population.

Actually, I don't remember masks being an issue there like we make them here...or in the UK or New Zealand, or other places either. Other restrictions, perhaps somewhat.

Trying to look objectively from the outside in (impossible I know, but trying) it looks to me we are in a surge of virus infections, and that since most of the hospitalizations are unvaccinated people, we should be increasing the overall level of immunity within the country, even without increasing the vaccination rate. So we are moving in the right direction, even if there may be more suffering than might have been experienced otherwise.

Well, your position is clear. No use extending the conversation.

But some now dead fellow once made this statement:

"Those who would surrender any freedom for the promise of any security,
Deserves neither, and will lose both."

I find it sad that there are so many willing to do so.

If the statement is wrong, show the example.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
As much as I dislike with what happened at the capitol I was not shocked or surprised with what happened. We had been letting it happen for about a year leading up to that point.
The reality is not much happened on Jan 6. It was blown out of proportion by the same people who ignored cities burning all of last year.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Confronted with the current circumstances I am not sure anyone can say what a deceased veteran would have said or done. The is the first pandemic anyone alive today has faced.
You don’t have to be sure. I know my Dad and what he stood for. He was for personal responsibility and had no tolerance for acting stupid.

It’s also not the first pandemic that many of us have lived through. It’s just the only one that has been blown out of proportion for political gain. The 2009 H1N1 pandemic was barely even mentioned. There were no death clocks or any attempt to scare everyone.

Btw, others said similar comments. Not picking on you just picking one to respond to instead of all.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You don’t have to be sure. I know my Dad and what he stood for. He was for personal responsibility and had no tolerance for acting stupid.

It’s also not the first pandemic that many of us have lived through. It’s just the only one that has been blown out of proportion for political gain. The 2009 H1N1 pandemic was barely even mentioned. There were no death clocks or any attempt to scare everyone.

Btw, others said similar comments. Not picking on you just picking one to respond to instead of all.
Then it is" like father, like son"...but...perhaps not.

Personal responsibility extends to protecting others, doesn't it? And no tolerance for acting stupid makes sense too.

It sounds like you dad was a reasonable guy.

It has been a long while since (percentage wise, if ever) over 620,000 Americans died in a short time from any virus.

Without realizing it, you may be putting words in your dad's mouth...in my case, I will not do that...

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
It has been a long while since (percentage wise, if ever) over 620,000 Americans died in a short time from any virus.

Without realizing it, you may be putting words in your dad's mouth...in my case, I will not do that...
By now, anyone with a working brain know the counts are way off, and the moves made by the CDC and public health officials caused more deaths than they saved.

Sorry that you didn’t know your father as well as I did mine.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I respect everyone's decision for better or worse. I wish all well!

Seems like we cannot just stop trying to convince others they are wrong and we are right! Oh well...

Even if you try to be neutral, you are accused of representing the other side. I say try, because being vaccinated I don't feel I can really be neutral due to that decision.

Actually this has been an interesting lesson on human nature for me personally...but at my age I should have already learned it well by now...

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Right or wrong, choose or not et will be people hurt in both cases. Our Gov. declared healthcare workers are mandated to get the Vaccine. Daughter In-Law is an RN till the mandate.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Let's take a look at risk/reward.

I live in Kansas, population 3 million. To date 347,928 covid cases. 5,385 deaths. Forget that death count may be exaggerated for financial reasons, .178 percent of the population has died from covid.

How is this a pandemic?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Let's take a look at risk/reward.

I live in Kansas, population 3 million. To date 347,928 covid cases. 5,385 deaths. Forget that death count may be exaggerated for financial reasons, .178 percent of the population has died from covid.

How is this a pandemic?

Last edited:

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa

H1N1 was a lot different than this. 600,000+ Americans have died. God bless you and your unvaccinated family. Science is what has lead humanity to its current prosperous standing. People ,particularly in the USA , live better today than most humans have over the entire course of human existence. Great advancements in science and technology are the reason. Spend some time reading about Moderna the creator of one of the vaccines. Amazing science. Science was the reason we won WW2 as well.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
This is an interesting subject. Most people are wired by nature to do whatever it takes to survive in given situations. Most would like to live as long as possible again having been genetically wired for this. If I was told I had to eat a big dog turd to virtually eliminate the chance of becoming infected with the covid virus. All I would ask is "Where is the mustard ?". I don't see what the big deal is with getting a shot or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.