L2002DT maintenance part numbers

RobL

Equipment
Kubota L2002DT; Kubota FEL; Wallenstein Log Splitter; King Cutter 5' Brush Hog
Jul 14, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Hello,

Since I have found it to be a bit of a challenge to find reliable information on this tractor, I thought I would post some parts info in case it will be of use to someone else:

I just did a bit of overdue work on the tractor: changed the engine oil and filter, hydraulic oil and filter, the fan belt, and also changed the fuel filter and cleaned the filter bowl, & cleaned the air filter.

Oil Filter: Fram PH8A // GK Ind. OF30001 // Baldwin B2 // Hastings LF115 // etc.

Hydraulic Filter: Kubota 38430-37710 (to be confirmed as I don't have my records in front of me). Cannot find alternates.
(I had read about some people having trouble locking the hydraulics up after installing a new filter, but an operator's manual for the North American L-series tractors of the same vintage just said to start the tractor and let it run at moderate speed for several minutes before operating. Presumably this gives the filter time to fill before putting a demand on the pump. In any case it worked, no problem).

Fan Belt: Kubota 1541197020 // Mitsuboshi REMF-1415 // Gates 6222MC // etc.
(I thought I might have to tear the rad out to do it, but there was ample room between the fan blade and the radiator to wiggle the belts off and on again).

Fuel Filter (element type): Baldwin PF717 // Hastings FF882.
(I cussed a bit getting the filter element free of the little locking tabs in the bowl that engage the metal at the bottom of the filter. Patience and pliers are your friends. Don't crack the bowl! Re-filling the filter bowl with fuel before reinstalling and opening the petcock prevented the need to bleed the fuel system).

Hopefully this will be of help to one or more of the board members.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Oil Filter: Fram PH8A // GK Ind. OF30001 // Baldwin B2 // Hastings LF115 // etc.

WELCOME to OTT !!! :)
Thanks for the info, I will add it to my cross reference list....
but
In my never to be humble opinion :D AVOID FRAM OIL FILTERS
Junk, My dad 40 years ago would not use them (UAL Aircraft Inspector)
and he knew his Feces.
As far as easy to get Purolator Pure1 (Advanced Auto Parts)
hands down the best ( I understand they make the Subaru filters ),
Napa Gold second.

Here is some lite reading.....
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/reference.html

Still looking for a good "read REAL" oil study, each has their own additives? :rolleyes:

Sunday I did my oil just due to excessive usage over the prior week,
Advanced; 45 minute drive to the Springs, Napa closed, went with
Mobile 1, I was impressed with just the shear weight difference over the
FRAM, STP (fram), and Bosch, But when I get down the hill, it will get replaced.

RobL

Equipment
Jul 14, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Being one of the most ubiquitous filter brands in the world, one advantage of listing the Fram is that once you have that number, most people can find a cross reference to whatever brand they choose. If I'd given only the GK Industries (a Canadian company), chances are a member in the US or Australia wouldn't find it all that useful.

I've used Fram without incident, but lately I've been finding I can get Hastings, Baldwin or GK Industries filters for as little as 1/3 the price of Fram. The last filters I bought for the tractor were the GK. At $3 per unit vs. $10 for the Fram, I don't think I'll lose sleep over using a lesser known brand.

I think just keeping to a reasonably frequent service interval is more important than the brand of filter. I'm also not overly hung up on the brand of oil or hydraulic fluid, as long as it meets the required specifications for the intended use and is fit for purpose.

I will confirm the hydraulic filter number and the air filter number when I get a chance.

Glad to give a little info back to the other members of the board, so please do include the info in your x-reference thread.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

RobL

Equipment
Jul 14, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Already done then.
Excellent & thank you.

One thing however, the Fuel Filter for the L2002 from Vic's list is a spin on type, while the one I used was a cartridge type.

I suspect that some L2002s were produced using each type of fuel filter.

The other information all appears to be accurate.

Last edited:

RobL

Equipment
Jul 14, 2017
Edmonton, AB
I found is that a Swiss manufacturer called HiFi Filter does have a product (SH 60029) which cross references to the Kubota 38430-37710 hydraulic filter.

I wouldn't know where to find one in North America though, and it might very well be more expensive than OEM anyway.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Already done then.
Excellent & thank you.

One thing however, the Fuel Filter for the L2002 from Vic's list is a spin on type, while the one I used was a cartridge type.

I suspect that some L2002s were produced using each type of fuel filter.

The other information all appears to be accurate.
Good info... put this info and NIWM share of Vic links in the Ultimate ReadMe Stuck at the top of this fourm

offroadflow

Equipment
Kubota L2002DT
Apr 1, 2023
Huelva, Andalucia, Spain
Hello fellow tractoers 😁
I'm having trouble locating the hydraulic filter on a L2002DT!
Hidden in the steering wheel? Haha
Seriously, where is it please?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Flow

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Right side of tractor near your feet when sitting on the tractor.

There is probably a fuel filter and oil filter in the same general vicinity so you should be sure that you identify them correctly before you start

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Give us a picture of the right side of the tractor just under tank and just in front of the floor boards.