L 2501 or L3560LE cab or L3560 no cab

mxgoalie

Nov 16, 2020
Florida
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum. I need some advise on which tractor to buy. Looking to buy a tractor. Have 9 acres .4 gravel road to maintain with 10% grade in areas. Looked at the L2501 but saw the L3560LE and the L3560 no cab. I know it's a big jump in price but I would hate to buy the L2501 and wish I bought the L3560 later. There are a lot of upgrades in the Grand L series but a big increase in price. I'm hoping to get some side work with the tractor. The issues I have with the cab is price and it will not fit in an 6 foot door. Which would you recommend L2501, L3560LE cab or L3560 no cab.

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I bought my L2501 to mow my ten acres. I don't plan on outside work. I didn't get anything bigger because I didn't want the extra hassle of the computer and pollution control (diesel particulate filter). My L2501 is just a simple, basic tractor with no added bells or whistles. Others may encourage you to get the most tractor you can afford. The choice is yours. This one was perfect for my intended use.

Reactions: 1 users

mxgoalie

Nov 16, 2020
Florida
I bought my L2501 to mow my ten acres. I don't plan on outside work. I didn't get anything bigger because I didn't want the extra hassle of the computer and pollution control (diesel particulate filter). My L2501 is just a simple, basic tractor with no added bells or whistles. Others may encourage you to get the most tractor you can afford. The choice is yours. This one was perfect for my intended use.
Thank you for advice. The dealer is telling me the L2501 out performs theL3560?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum. I need some advise on which tractor to buy. Looking to buy a tractor. Have 9 acres .4 gravel road to maintain with 10% grade in areas. Looked at the L2501 but saw the L3560LE and the L3560 no cab. I know it's a big jump in price but I would hate to buy the L2501 and wish I bought the L3560 later. There are a lot of upgrades in the Grand L series but a big increase in price. I'm hoping to get some side work with the tractor. The issues I have with the cab is price and it will not fit in an 6 foot door. Which would you recommend L2501, L3560LE cab or L3560 no cab.

Im with roadworthy ......... it is what you need and can afford!

If a under 25 HP will do the job - I would get that! With more HP you get into all kinds of fun stuff - some that works perfectly and some that can be a royal PITA.

SO you want a cab simply for the AC never heat? Living in Florida I am assuming.

When you say 6' door .... you mean width or height? None of the ROPS will go under 7' ....so there will need to be tilted back also.

Jester67

Jun 6, 2020
USA
+1 on The L2501 I have 5+ acres and it is a little big for the area but not too much. As stated above it is a simple machine but for me, that is good to have in a tractor. The L2501 is the biggest I would want to pull with an F150 and hitch trailer. Started thinking I wanted a B/LX but am glad I have the L2501.

What type of side working are you thinking? Where is the work in relation to you? How will the tractor get to this location? The answers to these questions will help make the decision?

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I own an L2501 and have 13 acres. It works great for all I do. I wouldnt want a bigger tractor, as it would just be overkill for me. I have to say though, I quoted you here because I have no idea why the delaer would say the L2501 outperforms the L3560. The L3560 is bigger, stronger, heavier in seemingly every way, so I'm confused why the dealer would say that. The L2501 is a great little tractor though and I think is a great fit for property owners like myself who are on 10 or so acres. I use mine to put in a large garden, clear land, move big logs to the firewood stand, push tree tops for burning, grind stumps, grade my driveway, all sorts of little tasks like this, the L2501 has been a great addition to my property and doesnt break the bank at just around $20,000 (minus the backhoe)

mxgoalie

Nov 16, 2020
Florida
Towing is not an issue I have an F-350. As far as side work goes mowing grading anything to help offset the tractor cost. I live in Florida but have a cabin in NC that needs the road grading and field mowing so I would be towing the tractor up there. Yes sorry I meant 8 foot door.

mxgoalie

Nov 16, 2020
Florida
The dealer telling me the L2501 outperforms the L3560 was confusing to me also. I know that can't be true. I think he said that because that dealer didn't have the L3560. I have not looked at the LX series.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't think that is correct. Look at the two tractors side by side, and look at the specs. The L3560 is way more capable than an l2501. If the larger size is not an obstacle, that is best tractor of the three.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The dealer telling me the L2501 outperforms the L3560 was confusing to me also. I know that can't be true. I think he said that because that dealer didn't have the L3560. I have not looked at the LX series.
Bingo.

Your dealer probably has a 2501 in stock but not a 3560.

SDT

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Look at your needs more then your wants. Hell if money is no problem go for the Cab L3560. How much time do you think you would use the tractor for each year? Mowing and cleaning up a few trees? Then the L2501 will do a very nice job. If you are the kind of person who likes bells and whistles the step up to spend the money. Unless you "want" the bigger tractor it is overkill. But I do know a guy that bought a M7060 to mow his lawn. Cab with a finish mower behind it. Sold the finish mower because his wife did not like the way the mower spread out the clippings.

My point is set your budget and then look at the "needs". If you plan on doing side work, the cab will often be to tall for a lot of jobs. If you every watch "Tractor Time with Tim" you will see most of his work is done with the smaller tractor.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
If you plan to do side work, get the L2501 - the money saved can go into buying implements to actually get work done.

I can see where the dealer is coming from saying the L2501 (lighter, lots of torque) might outperform the cab version of the Grand L3560 which is much heavier... I personally don't need the extra chit.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
like many , I purchased a L2501 to avoid the complexity and cost associated with DPF and the necessary components that go along with it. My tractor sits down at my land a fair distance from the dealer and as of yet I do not have a tow rig big enough. The tractor also did not break the bank. Tractor , loader, qa bucket, loaded tires , grapple, third function came in about 22k. While some mention total acres is a good way to determine what size tractor to buy, I think there are too many other variables for that to work out well. I think its much more important to think about the jobs and tasks that you will be doing and size the tractor on that. Some will say a L2501 on my 56 acres is not up to the task! While not as time efficient I doubt there is much this tractor can not do if I size the implement and allow extra time and work smart.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I went thru 4 smaller tractors over the years, stepping up each time and finally have the tractor I needed and wanted, HP, cab with heat and AC and no BUGS!! The DPF does not affect me much, just run at elevated RPM's to burn off carbon and occasionally it runs a regen. No problems and I've had it 6 years. As far as fitting in the garage, my barn has 8' overhead doors and the cab fits with 1/2" to spare. I know you live in Fla. with no winter, but I love the cab to keep the snow out while clearing my driveway. That was the main reason I purchased it, but the AC and keeping the mosquito's and black fly's away from me was a plus!!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I went thru 4 smaller tractors over the years, stepping up each time and finally have the tractor I needed and wanted, HP, cab with heat and AC and no BUGS!! The DPF does not affect me much, just run at elevated RPM's to burn off carbon and occasionally it runs a regen. No problems and I've had it 6 years. As far as fitting in the garage, my barn has 8' overhead doors and the cab fits with 1/2" to spare. I know you live in Fla. with no winter, but I love the cab to keep the snow out while clearing my driveway. That was the main reason I purchased it, but the AC and keeping the mosquito's and black fly's away from me was a plus!!
I’m with you on the cab! I use my GL for contracting work so I can’t comment on your needs and the L2501 v GL3560. I would opine though that you should seriously consider a cab. If you’re not having to cut trails or spend a lot of time in the woods, the cab is the best investment “this old man” has made.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
My first tractor was an L3800 which is now an L3901, awesome tractor and now an L3560 grand. If a cabbed tractor is in your budget you'll be more than happy as long as you don't have to worry about trees and limbs. Yes more money but spend the money once and be happy.

Reactions: 1 users