Kubota's for Work or Play?

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Eric and traildust and dusty or is that ditto........I forget, anyway they all keep me laughing.

I've been busy at a lot of projects too. Smokeys emailed me and said I need to post. LOL :D :D :D

Red7738

Equipment
1973 B7000E and 2012 L3240 with LA514 FEL
Aug 20, 2012
Kathleen, ga, USA
I've made about $5,000.00 this summer with my little tractor. Planting food plots, building gardens, and odd work... I can't keep up, so I'm thinking about buying a 34hp kubota.

mtnboy

Equipment
Kuabota 2920, Howse bushhog, KingKutter tiller
Sep 3, 2012
Tiger, GA, USA
Play farmer and keeping the grass from taking over the place. 27 acres in NE GA. So far, the little 2920 has done well pulling a 60in Howse bush hog.

njc110381

Equipment
B4200
Aug 8, 2012
Gloucestershire, UK
I'm not really sure where I stand on this. I bought my B4200 for work, but only kind of! I had a perfectly good ride on mower for my one and only contract that needs a machine that large. But... I wanted to run a sawbench at home, dig stuff up and perhaps load the odd pickup with woodchip which I have in a pile at the end of the garden.

I guess that as I didn't actually need to buy it then it's a toy, but it does earn me a bit of money here and there to cover running costs and eventually it will pay for itself.

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
Got mine as a around the acreage use but from coworker request have branched out and am doing brush/field mowing with my new tiller will be doing tiller jobs. So bottomed line for play and work.

P.S. did sell my Goldwing for the tractor.
The wife feels better that I will not crash or hit a deer on the bike now.

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Got mine as a around the acreage use but from coworker request have branched out and am doing brush/field mowing with my new tiller will be doing tiller jobs. So bottomed line for play and work.

P.S. did sell my Goldwing for the tractor.
The wife feels better that I will not crash or hit a deer on the bike now.
Oh man. As much as I like my tractor I couldn't sell any of my GoldWings :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15602393@N05/2260542121/

WingNut

Equipment
L2850 Kubota c/w Loader
Feb 29, 2012
Northern Ontario
Well I like to think my tractor is for work, and tell the wife so, but atlas its just for play. I recently purchased 100 acres, off the grid, and have over a mile of road/driveway to maintain.
Well maintain is the wrong word, currently the driveway is just a quad trail. Without the tractor I couldn't even keep up with the last rainfall.
Eventually I may have a viable paying Hobby Farm, but for the present I am still trying to carve this old homestead back out of the jungle.

SoCal Kubota

Equipment
BX24, BX2750D
Nov 5, 2009
Running Springs, CA.
It's been a well since I posted but I'll try to more often. I think any Kubota is for work and it make it fun.

I hope to give my BX24 a real workout over the next two years. I'm plaining to build a 40' x 50' RV garage with work shop.

I'll try to post pic's along the way. Tom

Attachments

Iowan

Equipment
Kubota's
Apr 29, 2012
North central Iowa
I see my Kubota as a tool. A tool used to expand my abilities and make the job easier,
faster and safer. It has to earn it's keep, weather working for a customer, doing a favor for a friend or just mowing the yard.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Good Lord SoCal, I looked at that picture and I heard some orange BX thing out in the garage yellin, HEY don't be getin no ideas there big boy!!!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
That's how you find out how much it will lift, load it till it breaks, Spend money to fix, and try to remember how much weight that was......

Yoda 7030

Equipment
1990 M7030. Front loader, back hoe, snowblower, discer, 3 furrow plough,
Oct 14, 2012
Walters Falls, Ontario
Hi Guys, I just found this website as I was surfing for a new block heater for my 1990 M7030. It blew last year and gave me fits trying to cold start... As for what I use the tractor for, I originally bought it to blow snow on our 100 acre property. it's been a great asset to the fleet and makes life quite easy. A couple years ago I had a new garage/barn built and used the Kubota to mine a gravel pit I have on the property to infill the foundation. 32 X 48 by three and half feet deep. Plus the area around the building. Really gave the thing a workout but it proved it self over and over with no problems. Since mining the pit, I'm left with a fairly level ground where I've started to build a putting green and off the back side of the old barn is now a Tee box ready to receive top soil and seed for my driving range. Most likely won't happen now until spring with the cold weather setting in. Couldn't have done it without the Kubota. Can't wait to get back at er....

Oldawg

Equipment
Kubota L3130 w/loader, Ford 4500, IH 300U, Craftsman lawn tractors
Oct 20, 2012
Fort Myers, FL
Well now, I've spent a couple of evenings just going thru this thread! I don't consider it time wasted tho, since I've enjoyed all the clever postings and learned a few things too.
I don't have a lot of acreage like some of you, but I sure do like tractors....especially the L3130 with FEL I bought recently. I use it for mowing mostly, but it sure is handy to have around doing light grading and picking up things I can't (or don't feel like) lifting.
I planned to sell my old Ford 4500 (loader-backhoe) when I got the Kubota, but didn't get any decent offers and I really hate to get rid of it anyhow. It has a good backhoe and it will lift anything the Kubota won't. I have made a few dollars with it digging ponds and grading, plus have done a lot of freebie work for neighbors.
Also have an old (1956) IH 300U with bush hog that I don't really need anymore, but it's like getting rid of an old family member if I sell it.
These things sure tend to grow on you don't they?