Kubota Orange Paint

willyC93

Equipment
L2500DT,LB400fel,7.5'snowplow,6' landscape rake,backblade,homemade pine needle r
Oct 25, 2010
Post Falls, Idaho
I need Kubota orange paint for my snow plow. What have other used that has lasted? thanks , Bill

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
I love the Valspar Implement paint. It is very tough.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
My bucket hooks have Rustoleum Farm and Implement Kubota Orange. It matches and looks great. I have a 2021 machine. I don’t leave my tractor outside, so no idea how it lasts in the sun.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I love the Valspar Implement paint. It is very tough.
Valspar sells a perfect match Kubota II color!
Great paint......use some thinner, .....and definitely use hardner!

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Valspar sells a perfect match Kubota II color!
Great paint......use some thinner, .....and definitely use hardner!
Here's a link to what I used on my blower several years ago. It was PPG AUE370 polyurethane w/ hardener. It's known as "DTM" (Direct To Metal). Nice part is that bare metal or good solid remnants of paint and no priming. Scroll down to Post #10:

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I've been getting the Kubota orange from tractor supply. Color match is good and it covers well. Also it's a lot cheeper than paint at the dealer.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I've been getting the Kubota orange from tractor supply. Color match is good and it covers well. Also it's a lot cheeper than paint at the dealer.
I am not a first time spray painter.
In my opinion (and others), the Majic brand paint sold by TSC is absolute cheap junk!
Have I used it?......yes!
Will I ever buy or use it again? ......NO!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I bought the Kubota brand for potential touch-ups and a few misc details on the tractor itself.

Actually, just yesterday I used the Rustoleum Farm Implement line on a few items in Kubota Orange and it sprayed out & dried well. We will see about durability over time

Agree that the line that TSC carries is not the greatest. I have only used their Ford blue - Was not impressed...

Joe Messmer

Equipment
ZT21,B3350,LA 534,BT77
Jun 1, 2017
Edgewood Ky
A few years ago on this forum somebody suggested Rustoleum Chevrolet engine orange, I tried it and the match was spot on. Had trouble finding it but not since we got a Menards they have it all......

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
A few years ago on this forum somebody suggested Rustoleum Chevrolet engine orange, I tried it and the match was spot on. Had trouble finding it but not since we got a Menards they have it all......
I suppose that would be in spray cans?
A quick coloring.....but certainly not a quality paint repair/job!

Steamer Pete

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 29, 2021
Holland, MI
Built a project in May for my Kubota and used Rustoleum Kubota orange paint on it. Here it is early October and the plow that sits outside is fading fast. Paint was also extreemly thick right out of the can.
Not impressed with the stuff.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Built a project in May for my Kubota and used Rustoleum Kubota orange paint on it. Here it is early October and the plow that sits outside is fading fast. Paint was also extreemly thick right out of the can.
Not impressed with the stuff.
Agreed!
Next time, try spraying Valspar machinery enamel....and use hardener.
It seems to hold up very well.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Most paints in a spray can have UV inhibitors in the formula. Spray cans are fine for small item spraying or touch-up work, but for overall refinishing, you need quality paint and a spray gun. I would use a single-stage automotive paint with a harder in it. I don't like machinery paint for the tractor that sees a lot of sun, because the paint will eventually fail. I once used a white machine paint on the roof of a car, and it started to turn yellow within a year. Had to sand it off completely, and repaint it with automotive paint. Machinery paint is good for inside use but doesn't hold up to the weather.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Most paints in a spray can have UV inhibitors in the formula. Spray cans are fine for small item spraying or touch-up work, but for overall refinishing, you need quality paint and a spray gun. I would use a single-stage automotive paint with a harder in it. I don't like machinery paint for the tractor that sees a lot of sun, because the paint will eventually fail. I once used a white machine paint on the roof of a car, and it started to turn yellow within a year. Had to sand it off completely, and repaint it with automotive paint. Machinery paint is good for inside use but doesn't hold up to the weather.
Kubota certainly must use "machinery paint", because their factory paint seems to fade when you start looking at it.

Steve NC

Equipment
B7100D, L2900DT, ZD21, G6200,
Dec 29, 2014
Sandy Bottom North Carolina
Repainted my B7100d 2 years ago with the rustoleum Kubota orange paint and then bought the blue for the engine frame and transmission from the kubota dealer. This tractor has mainly been parked under a shelter when not in use. One side is noticeably faded compared to the other side. I had some of the orange from the dealer as well and used it on the dash area. The orange colors matched then but now it still looks better than the side of the tractor that hasn’t faced the outside of the shelter. I’m going to repaint it this winter with the orange from the dealer.
5250EC36-726E-4901-B1D9-56A23DD9EBE4.jpeg

Last edited:

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
By far the oem Kubota enamel is the best. Price is cheap for the quality. I buy it in gallons, and always use hardener. I would suggest using a manual foam brush for all rough cast/touchup applications. The paint will flow out remarkably well, and you minimize hazards of the iso's. It is a relatively hard paint to spray even with a large tip. (car painter here) Follow the instructions and reduce only what is needed to pass atomization. Sherwin Williams fh612 is my go to hardener, its cheap, and the store is local.

TSC Magic is about the quality of trying to paint with a clay crayon. Each to their own, but that stuff scrapes off with your fingernail if you can get it to harden. Think old renaissance art.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
The Rustoleum Kubota orange did a nice job on the plastic pumpkins we use to decorate the entrance to our driveway :p

Don't laugh - it is what I have and the shelves at HD are empty!

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Valspar Tractor and Implement paint with hardener. I have a King Kutter 6' finish mower that is almost as old as my B2410, and with years of grass sitting getting wet under the cover, even though it gets cleaned periodically, was a rust bucket, really bad paint used on it. I wire brushed it, scrapped off what I could then hit is with Rustoleum rust conversion paint, and then sprayed the Valspar on with my automotive sprayer.

It took a good 6 - 8 hours before it dried, so make sure it is under cover. The end result isabout 8 years or more later, not a single spot of rust has shown up, grass left on it wet has not harmed the paint, and a quick power wash makes it look new again. I leave it outside often, and it is still the same color as when I painted it. I don't know what color orange it was, close match but not true to the B2410, but a lot better looking than the baby crap yellow KK painted it.

I just now found a half gallon of Majic Kubota Orange, not a clue where I got it from or if it is even the right color. I don't think that is what I used, but can't seem to find the Valspar orange right now.